Xes - Message Board

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by limerickman, Nov 12, 2004.

1. bikeriderfrance

bikeriderfrance New Member

hi there, hope you got out, i must try and remember how shit it was to ride in such conditions, well maybe not... good warm ride this morning, cool until about 10am then gloves off and it was warm and sunny.. just ad mi lunch sat out int sun lad.... progressing fine now, ytd is 2140 kms, can i crack 3000 by end of feb ? see ya...

2. FredC

FredC New Member

Well that's three of you on target. I checked out Phils outfit Chelmercc on google and it looks a good outfit to me. Fancy having a coach who has lottery money, if he doesn't get somewhere it will through lack of talent but he's giving it his best right now.
    I'm going to start hounding ES this week, don't forget that we have been promised a new board for the coming season which starts on 6 March.
    I don't think that we need to go through all that shit again, otherwise we might as well stay on here with sign/login, and instant messaging. I really need to get in touch with Tony Bell but his site is still down. Never mind.
    Did you ever ride motor paced against Gaby Mineboo from Holland. 10 times world amateur champion. His pacer was that real character from Rotterdam Bruno Walrave.
    Who are you shouting for in the rugger this afternoon? Hope you got some French mates to join in the fun.

3. bikeriderfrance

i just sit on the side lines re the match, but deep down i will be shouting for england.. next week when i am out "with the boys" i shall sing the praises of who ever wins. no never got to ride behind the motors in europe, (you know why), but have had some good tussles with a dutch guy call rod reddiker dutch sprint champ,, had up on the wall at fallowfield a couple of times.. see ya bon courage..

4. FredC

FredC New Member

It's OK, I remember, it was with him doing it 10 times, I just thought that.........
    Fallowfield, my local track. 'The Matchbox' made out of sandstone. Coming off there was a bad day for the skin. Jesus, I can feel the burns now.
    Remember that bastard who used to nick things. Did you say he had a green or white star on his jersey? If he's the one, I think he was called Joe Hanley/Manley from the Molyneux in Liverpool. What about the 'Sputnick' thing.

5. FredC

FredC New Member

Can't you swap the pedals over from your road bike to the club track bike????

6. philhudson

philhudson New Member

Just got back from the track, really tired, early start of 4:00 am.

It doesnt really matter about swapping the pedals now any way. Also I have ordered my self some look 5.1 pedals, should be here soon.

Cheers Phil

7. bikeriderfrance

are you in a track league there ? i used to do a bit of track racing.. but that was a few years ago yaaawn..what gear are you on 88 ? bon courage.

8. philhudson

philhudson New Member

Not in a track, go down to the track with the club and train in the morning,and race in the after noon.

I rent a track bike from the velodrome as i do not hsve my own, so I dont know the gearing.

9. Miss Meow

Miss Meow New Member

Bonjour

I've managed to do a couple of rides over the last week, only for an hour or so each but at least I'm out there. I've reduced my time on the computer to help my elbow - there is still pain in the muscly bit on the outer/upper forearm (crappy description, sorry) :confused: by the end of the day but therapy is going OK.

I rode to work this morning. The fishing must've been good as every second car that passed me had a boat attached to the back. Hope the fish had a fair chance.

Good to see you are all getting the miles in.

10. Brian Cotgrove

Brian Cotgrove New Member

G'day MM, sound's very much like tennis elbow, keep up the treatment, it will get better, just takes time, otherwise known as "RSI", not enough strenuous effort in tapping computer key's.

As for the boat's attatched to car's business, it was the same here over the weekend, Wellington Point is a major launch point for our side of the Bay, so everybody and his dog were out there, poor fish?

I've been suffering a bought of virus infection the doc said rest and drink plenty of water, so the bike's been hanging around the shed not knowing what to do with itself, hopefully I'll get out later this week?

Catch yer soon?TBC

11. FredC

FredC New Member

And why haven't you got a gear chart???? How are you going to work out crossovers on your road bike? You'll need to know these things as you will be on restricted gears for schoolie racing. My mind has just boggled !

12. FredC

FredC New Member

I've had a thing going with Francois for the past week, and the the news is not good from the Rialto. Now F and I get along just fine, and he's as disappointed as us that there will be no sign/login system in place for the Paris- Nice which starts on 6th March, he knows we are together on another site, but he doesn't know where.
    He is also perturbed about the board taking the same form as last year. He has accepted a few suggestions of mine, but what happens is another matter.
    The two to start with are that all posts against DD will not be published, and that all posts critiscising pronunciation of riders name will not see the light of day. He is well aware of our integrity and has asked us to keep an eye on the ball. Do you think that I should tell him where we are? Just a thought.
    I am open to suggestions on this issue. Should we try to hi-jack the ES posters of value, should we send something off to the 'Comic' and 'CS'? etc. There are other issues which he is prepared to discuss. He, and the commentators are aware of the value of our deep knowledge of the game. In fact DH is in awe of it. So, in light of this present scenario what do you think?
    He's still not told me yet if I can be the moderator, and I promised him a Rolex. It's here ready and waiting, it's a Rolex coffee spoon that I borrowed? from their factory in Switzerland.

13. philhudson

philhudson New Member

Yep I have restricted all of the gears that I have needed to. The 13 tooth on the back and the 53 in the center. I checked them with Jeff and he said that they were fine.

14. FredC

FredC New Member

OK then, I forgot that you are part of the flat earth society. Where BRF and I come from they are not black clouds on the far horizon, they are the bloody mountains and hills that come at you all day long one after another. When we were nobbut lads......bread and dripping..... chip butties..... and five hours a day.......cake was for your birthday and Christmas.......Oh thank you nurse.

15. FredC

FredC New Member

Do you know that they are at the moment looking for coaches in Queensland?
    No Brian, not the ones that smell of pee and poo that you drive around.
    I suggest that instead of comfrey and batspit Miaoow should have an injection of ATP.
    I didn't know that dogs went fishing.
    Jesus, I'm praying for your wife.

16. Brian Cotgrove

G'day Fred, as far as the injection for MM is concerned the choice is her's, as far as I'm concerned, I do not agree with anything that is not natural anyway, I've lived by that for many years now and it works for me?

As far as the coaches is concerned, then many years ago I had a major falling out with the (QACA) authorities over such a position. They, the committee, questioned my ability to do the job at a general meeting even though I was recommended by the president'e to apply for the job.

The long and short of it was, I told them to shove it and will never ever apply for a position again. I only give advice to the selected few who ask my opinion, that's the way I prefer to have it. During my years here I have advised a several people who have done reasonably well, however it's the same old story, I know what is needed to be done, but getting the same thing done is another matter.

Getting people to climb out of their personal comfort zone is not easy, riding the bike is only part of the equation, there is a lot more to becomming a champion, it entails diet and exercise and a dedication that has to come from within. If the hunger is not there, then who ever it is, they will only ever be a mediocre rider.

It might be selfish of me, but if a bloke's not prepared to do exactly what I tell them, then stiff, I will not waste my time, either writing schedules and following them around like a mother hen or worrying myself whether thay are going to preform the way they are told to do at a particular event.

One rider who was prepared to do it a number of years ago became quite good, however in a moment of madness, he decided to cut the whole thing short, joined the Royal Australian Navy and became a mine clearance diver.

He was posted to the Phillipines and while there suffered a debilitating dose glandular fever. After several month's of sickness and shore leave he was pensioned out of the service and can't ride a bike out of sight on a dark night now?

He now works as a comercial diver doing anything he can to make some money, shit work and all, some of the conditions he work under are not very nice or wise at all.

The saying "everyman and his dog" means virtually that, as I said before you really need to live here to appreciate the sometimes strange little saying's, I'm sure you'd piss yourself laughing listening to some of it/maybe most of it.

That's it, I'm getting ther call for dinner, I know it's late, but we've been out all day cruising the river again, she who must be obeyed has said it again, DINNER?

Surely young Phil can arm himself with a calculator, that's the easiest way to determine a gear ratio. A little bit of Math doesn't go astray now, does it?

TBC

17. Brian Cotgrove

G'day again Fred, just to qualify a point, the coach that we drive the older people is not as you would say full of geriatric's but people who for whatever reason are not living at home as you and I might be.

They are all active and bright minded folk who appreciate the trips, it isn't a chore for us to give them a little time, we get a lunch out of it too and the driving isn't a problem either, distance is a state of mind, you know what I mean?

Driving the bus is only a matter of pressing one pedal down, and occasssionally pressing the one in the middle down to bring things to a halt.

I belong to a club of retired and professional people, known as "PROBUS" we have a memebership of around 84 person's at present and take it in turns to help out. Some do meals on wheels service, some do visiting the older folks and other's do the carting around?

I'm one of the younger members of the club and have only been involved for about two years now, most of the other's are mid to late seventy's and a lot are well over the eighty's however still fairly nimble on their pins?

My neighbour got me roped in, he said I needed an interest in life?

That's it I've got work to do, catch yer later? TBC

18. FredC

FredC New Member

May I remind you dear Brian that this is a cycling related thread, and not an advertising space for Cotgroves Choice Coach Tours & Sheilas Social Services.

19. Brian Cotgrove

G'day Fred, your right of course, however I just thought I'd slip a couple of quick ad's in there, you know how it is, pay's to advertise and all that sort of thing old chap, what?

Incidentally I have noted that BRF is a lucky duck too, the TdF is going right by his front door. My question is will he be out, up the mountain, waiting till the boy's get there or will he be sitting in a deck chair with a glass in hand and giving them the appropriate cheers, as they ride by?

Catch yer soon, TBC?

20. bikeriderfrance

hi there, just sitting here its 11.45, waiting for mrs BRF to make mi dinner,, i have a guest rider staying with us at the moment, 6 times in the top "12",, star trophy event winner and claim to fame rode tour of ireland in 74/5.. we are all going out to do Mrs BRF curcuit 50 kms one 4 km col, then flatish roads,,,, its getting a bit warmer here, but by cricky its been bloody freezing with 60/80 kph wind blowing.. so on the bike well eer not the best i have had down here.. hey wait, its now 10c and the sun is shining.. could be good..... yes the TDF is about 2 hours away by car, but this year mrs BRF and me are thinking of riding out to the tour route, [email protected], ride UP ther big col to the finish and then ride home,, should be good..does old phill know what he is doing,, his relates to his track exploits reads like a comedy of errors, who's in charge of this lad...had a look on the ES site, see the message board link has GONE... dont think our or anyone elses bleatings will do much,, remember we are only a grain of sand on the world wide beach. see ya bon courage....1st event next week shit..... must clean mi new wheels... must make sure gears are ............................................must.................must......................