Xes - Message Board

philhudson said:
Hi,

Finished training today, 57miles. Had a nice club buffet after and elected the new president.

I still can't find the ES message board.

Cheers Phil

Phil, I had the same trouble, Go to www.eurosport.com and click on the Paris-Nice cycling link on the left hand side menu.

Once in there, scroll down the yellow menu on the left and under Tirreno-Adriatico heading you'll see 'message board' in tiny letters.

Fred, it seems there's no log-in accounts so anyone can post as anyone else or under multiple user names???

Miss Meow said:
Fred, it seems there's no log-in accounts so anyone can post as anyone else or under multiple user names???

Correct.

And not to dissuade you, but the message board was shut down because it
ended up in near anarchy last year.

I ended up riding 39X15 most of the day. We were rinding at about 22mph most of the time.

I have satellite at home, we get eurosport and eurosport 2.

Got a club 50 reliability next weekend. Aiming for under 3 hours.

limerickman said:
I mailed Jean Luc as well and asked him to consider putting in constraints and I got the same excuse, during the winter.
I asked MCM to try to use her influence - no go there, either.

A few of us have decided not to go back unless and until they get their act together - but Eurosport won't get their act together.

It'll descend in to chaos over there - and the board will be dropped again.

I deleted Eurosport website address from my favourites list.
MCM was very ill all last winter as you remember, so I just kept banging on the door until they let me in. Basically the whole issue is their own fault, they promised a new improved board and didn't deliver.
The odd thing about this is that the cycling board has more traffic than all the others put together. I agree entirely with you about the anarchy, but despite all the cutting stuff I wrote, you suffered most from transpositions and handle hijacking, whereas I was more or less left alone.
So, on their own heads be it, meanwhile I'll be intermittently plugging XES just in case of a collapse.

Miss Meow said:
Phil, I had the same trouble, Go to www.eurosport.com and click on the Paris-Nice cycling link on the left hand side menu.

Once in there, scroll down the yellow menu on the left and under Tirreno-Adriatico heading you'll see 'message board' in tiny letters.

No log-in accounts. That's the whole problem we encountered, and is the issue I've been fighting for. There were Anons, and derogatory messages from people who posted with the first name that came into their head, a bloody disgrace.
It's a shame because it is an interactive system with the commentators for the viewer to share what they see on screen during the race.

philhudson said:
I ended up riding 39X15 most of the day. We were rinding at about 22mph most of the time.

I have satellite at home, we get eurosport and eurosport 2.

Got a club 50 reliability next weekend. Aiming for under 3 hours.
Sounds OK to me pedalling not pushing, did you feel more comfortable and less tired.
Just keep fiddling about with the ES message board, and post a little one. BTW it doesn't show the message immediately.
How many groups are there to be in the reliability trial? Do you know yet?
How was the rugger, did you win?

FredC said:
MCM was very ill all last winter as you remember, so I just kept banging on the door until they let me in. Basically the whole issue is their own fault, they promised a new improved board and didn't deliver.
The odd thing about this is that the cycling board has more traffic than all the others put together.

Didn't know that the cycling website had more traffic than any other.

It'll descend in to anarchy - the grand tours is when it really hots up and you get all the nutters posting away, goodo.

Alessandro beat Oscar in the sprint today - I see according to www.cyclingnews.com.
I have taped it and will watch it later.

Milan-San Remo on Saturday according to the listings.
Alessandro, Erik and Oscar in the shake up.
Bettini might be the dark horse though.

limerickman said:
A few of us have decided not to go back unless and until they get their act together - but Eurosport won't get their act together.
Any chance of getting them on XES then. I believe Hetchins wintered in USA, whether he's back or not yet I don't know.

Yep we won the rugby! All of the years in my school did!

I started to tire after the first 20 miles, my bannana fell out of my pocket, so I (was told to) and went to pick it up, 5 seconds later a learner squashed it.
Do you recommend an specific energy bars?

Not sure about groups, but I will try and race it with a junior at the club.
Anyway we will probably pick up people along the way.

Will try ES in a min.

Cheers Phil

FredC said:
Any chance of getting them on XES then. I believe Hetchins wintered in USA, whether he's back or not yet I don't know.

I've spread the word and have suggested here as an alternative site, until ES
get their act together.

Ive found the ES message board, well actually I found it ages ago, but it dosent look too much like a message board at all.

Just broken my cycling shoes, the metal bit that hold the velcro in snapped, very annoying, looks like my Mavic Kysrium Elite's will have to wait. :(

Cheers Phil

FredC said:
hi there, just picked this up of a french webs site it old hat but it confirms what you said..:( :( En 2005, Hein Verbruggen ne se représentera pas à sa propre succession à la tête de l'Union cycliste internationale (UCI). Verbruggen connaît déjà le nom de son successeur. Il s'agît de l'Irlandais Pat McQuaid. "Ce n'est pas un secret, le comité directeur...

just popped a couple of postings on the ES MB //// BUT it looks like the mad men are still out there.. can-not see it lasting... where do they come from ????
bon courage//:cool: :cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, just picked this up of a french webs site it old hat but it confirms what you said..:( :( En 2005, Hein Verbruggen ne se représentera pas à sa propre succession à la tête de l'Union cycliste internationale (UCI). Verbruggen connaît déjà le nom de son successeur. Il s'agît de l'Irlandais Pat McQuaid. "Ce n'est pas un secret, le comité directeur...

just popped a couple of postings on the ES MB //// BUT it looks like the mad men are still out there.. can-not see it lasting... where do they come from ????

There you are, BRF.
The reign of Pat McQuaid will begin in Sept/Oct 2005, I was told at the meeting a couple of weeks ago, if he gets the vote.

Caught a great race here yesterday - Ciaran Power, a protege of Sean Kelly
and professional with US Navigators, was racing here.
Very, very impressive - and a nice bloke too.
He was up against a fair selection of Ireland top amateurs.
He was cruising.
For me, what really impressed was his physique, he was thin and very fit looking.
The top amateur guys would be in good nick but they looked overweight beside him.

Did you get your ration of distance in this weekend.
Weather here has improved - temps were 10/11 degrees today.
I'm up to 470 miles this month - so the 1,000 is well and truly on for this month.

I'm staying away from the ES message board - they need to get some control on it.

limerickman said:
There you are, BRF.
The reign of Pat McQuaid will begin in Sept/Oct 2005, I was told at the meeting a couple of weeks ago, if he gets the vote.

He was cruising.
For me, what really impressed was his physique, he was thin and very fit looking.
The top amateur guys would be in good nick but they looked overweight beside him.

I'm up to 470 miles this month - so the 1,000 is well and truly on for this month.

I'm staying away from the ES message board - they need to get some control on it.
hi there, got in my usuall 400 kms, but this was with a short ride on sunday, well not a ride but a race... times are a changing, it was a 80kms job, and very hard, i tried a few times to jump away from the bunch but they were on me like crazy... so i got the front with a lap to go, i found i was about 300 meters up, so i kept it going, i thought i had it BUT the buggers caught me with 400 meters to go,, i was knacked , so finished in the bunch.. never mind...i am riding in spain at the weekend, its the copa de catalonia veteranos.. all for 40/50 year old vets, lets see how i go on...ytd 3400kms. going to bed now.. ps.. ES are nuts with that MB..:cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, got in my usuall 400 kms, but this was with a short ride on sunday, well not a ride but a race... times are a changing, it was a 80kms job, and very hard, i tried a few times to jump away from the bunch but they were on me like crazy... so i got the front with a lap to go, i found i was about 300 meters up, so i kept it going, i thought i had it BUT the buggers caught me with 400 meters to go,, i was knacked , so finished in the bunch.. never mind...i am riding in spain at the weekend, its the copa de catalonia veteranos.. all for 40/50 year old vets, lets see how i go on...ytd 3400kms. going to bed now.. ps.. ES are nuts with that MB..:cool:

That's good going BRF, being able to race and to hold your own.
I couldn't hold me own, even when I was racing !

I wouldn't even dream of trying to race now.
Although I have to say I did get a buzz from seeing the lads the other day, pedalling away.

I have a few Audax trips coming up, starting with 200kms going up to 800kms.
Max speed is 30kmph, minimum speed is 15kmph.
This target is to achieve the distance within this speed range.

Best of luck down there in Catalunya.
Lovely part of the world - although I expect you get a different view of the place having to race down there !

philhudson said:
Yep we won the rugby! All of the years in my school did!

I started to tire after the first 20 miles, my bannana fell out of my pocket, so I (was told to) and went to pick it up, 5 seconds later a learner squashed it.
Do you recommend an specific energy bars?

Not sure about groups, but I will try and race it with a junior at the club.
Anyway we will probably pick up people along the way.

Will try ES in a min.

Cheers Phil
Yes I do . Bigger pockets and smaller bananas.

bikeriderfrance said:

A few flew over the cuckoos nest. I'm still poaching.

limerickman said:
That's good going BRF, being able to race and to hold your own.
I couldn't hold me own, even when I was racing !

I wouldn't even dream of trying to race now.
Although I have to say I did get a buzz from seeing the lads the other day, pedalling away.

I have a few Audax trips coming up, starting with 200kms going up to 800kms.
Max speed is 30kmph, minimum speed is 15kmph.
This target is to achieve the distance within this speed range.

Best of luck down there in Catalunya.
Lovely part of the world - although I expect you get a different view of the place having to race down there !
I think that was Indurains first big win in the Vuelta Catalunya some years ago when it was held much later in the year. Of course I may be wrong, usually am on these things.
Running? errrrrr

limerickman said:
There you are, BRF.

He was cruising.

I'm dancing as fast as I can to make it moveable to XES.

FredC said:
I think that was Indurains first big win in the Vuelta Catalunya some years ago when it was held much later in the year. Of course I may be wrong, usually am on these things.
Running? errrrrr

You are right - it was the Vuelta Catalunya or more precisely the Volta Catalunya, as they call it.
He won it in 1988.

Running ?????? You've lost me there, Fred.