Xes - Message Board

G'day All, just thought I'd blow a couple of bugle calls, Nicholas Johnsson, has just ridden the "Australian National 3.000 metre Pursuit Championships and is now the Gold Medal holder. "Masters Division Three"

Of course (I only give him advice and surpervise his training), he actaually rides the bike and does it so well too?

That's all I have to say at present and it is cycling related?

I'll be back for the next Gold Medal report soon?

Keep the wheels in motion, catch yer round?TBC

Brian Cotgrove said:
G'day All, just thought I'd blow a couple of bugle calls, Nicholas Johnsson, has just ridden the "Australian National 3.000 metre Pursuit Championships and is now the Gold Medal holder. "Masters Division Three"

Of course (I only give him advice and surpervise his training), he actaually rides the bike and does it so well too?

That's all I have to say at present and it is cycling related?

I'll be back for the next Gold Medal report soon?

Keep the wheels in motion, catch yer round?TBC
bonjour "sorry we are not really interested", anyone who does NOT know or heard of ron jowers when the same person is telling us about riding in the uk (at that time) must be telling a few porkies..ps how many rode the event..?????????/bon courage....

bikeriderfrance said:
bonjour "sorry we are not really interested", anyone who does NOT know or heard of ron jowers when the same person is telling us about riding in the uk (at that time) must be telling a few porkies..ps how many rode the event..?????????/bon courage....

G'day BRF, the event was National Status, Nic did very well, it was contested by all states representatives too. He's going to ride the National crit champs and ITT plus TTT.

Pity, No Respect?

Keep the wheels in motion, that's all you got, there's more to life, I'm off to work? TBC

Brian Cotgrove said:
G'day BRF, the event was National Status, Nic did very well, it was contested by all states representatives too. He's going to ride the National crit champs and ITT plus TTT.

Pity, No Respect?

Keep the wheels in motion, that's all you got, there's more to life, I'm off to work? TBC
how many rode ?? just asked the question.. you said you was retired why are you working???????bon courage....

bikeriderfrance said:
how many rode ?? just asked the question.. you said you was retired why are you working???????bon courage....
Mickey Mouse event, don't you think? If he doesn't know then I do.

3000m Pursuit.

Gold N. Johnsson 3.38.2
Silver M Popplewell caught

Bronze D James 2.16.0
4th A Simmons caught

Big Deal. Quelle Surprise. Nothing about Ron Jowers again! ! !

Good day today on the bike.

The plan was to do a five hour spin - and to see how far I go in the time period.
You get those days when you just have a good day on the bike.
Managed to cover 96.45 miles, at an average speed of 19.29mph.
Very surprised.
Have the time checks : 34 miles 1hour 47mins : 70 miles 3hrs 29mins : 96.29miles in 5hrs 0mins 24secs.
Very pleased with this.
Conditions here today were great 18 degrees Celsius.
Makes a change going out in your cycling gear - instead of having two layers of clothes on to try to stay warm.

See Petacchi got the result at San Remo

limerickman said:
Good day today on the bike.

The plan was to do a five hour spin - and to see how far I go in the time period.
You get those days when you just have a good day on the bike.
Managed to cover 96.45 miles, at an average speed of 19.29mph.
Very surprised.
Have the time checks : 34 miles 1hour 47mins : 70 miles 3hrs 29mins : 96.29miles in 5hrs 0mins 24secs.
Very pleased with this.
Conditions here today were great 18 degrees Celsius.
Makes a change going out in your cycling gear - instead of having two layers of clothes on to try to stay warm.

See Petacchi got the result at San Remo
*********** Lim, that's a great performance even though the weather was nice. You didn't miss much at the rugger, I watched the Mil-SR through, and had a little guessing game with Francois, The q was what year did Kelly and Fignon get so far behind and abandon? I said 1990, and FP seemed to think so as well. Boards gone again, mind you I told them to pull it down, and I've got some great news which should put paid to the wreckers, but that e-mail address you sent me returned the forward twice, can you check it out? then I can send the forward to BRF as well. It's only taken 8 months of pestering.

FredC said:
*********** Lim, that's a great performance even though the weather was nice. You didn't miss much at the rugger, I watched the Mil-SR through, and had a little guessing game with Francois, The q was what year did Kelly and Fignon get so far behind and abandon? I said 1990, and FP seemed to think so as well. Boards gone again, mind you I told them to pull it down, and I've got some great news which should put paid to the wreckers, but that e-mail address you sent me returned the forward twice, can you check it out? then I can send the forward to BRF as well. It's only taken 8 months of pestering.

Yeah, it was very good going today - very surprised because after 3hours my speed tends to drop.
But today I was just going very very well for some reason.
Little or no breeze, which helps a hell of a lot.
Was on the road at 10.00am and was back here for 3.01pm (just in time for the game).
Stayed in the 42x13, 42x15 all the way.
Barely pressing on the pedals - just pedalling.
Rolling sort of course, plenty of drags. No real climbing to be done as such.

I wouldn't have known the M-SR question.
I have it M-SR and will watch it later.

Wonder how BRF is getting on in Catalunya.
Saw the forecast for Spain this weekend - 24 degrees.
he's a tough nut that BRF.

limerickman said:
Yeah, it was very good going today - very surprised because after 3hours my speed tends to drop.
Was on the road at 10.00am and was back here for 3.01pm (just in time for the game).

The answer to the question was not on the transmission, it was a q put forward by 'Bill' and only FP and I tried to answer it. Doesn't matter really.
Right so, you got them.Good.
BRF is a tough nut, but that's how everybody thought a bike should be rode. For hours on end on low gears. It worked fine and provided a lot of money riders. Here's an example from last weekend Howard Keefe, one of BRF's old 'enemies' who has no intention of racing ever again and has been consistent throughout the years in his promise since he retired, banged in 190 miles last weekend, and does at least 100 on a Sunday whatever the weather. 50 mile after tea Tuesday and Thursday in the winter is kids stuff to keep the pedals turning. So that's 200 a week without going mad. It's just a way of life.

FredC said:
I asked M ages ago to e her contacts, who will be all genuine, but none came and joined us. I e'd Kathy Valencia, and nothing, but she changes e addresses as fast her knickers. Tony Bell got lost over the winter, I could have found his Tel No from the Merseysiders, but wasn't really necessary at the time, but could have been now, maybe still will be, who knows.
I take your point from elsewhere that the wreckers would not sign on for XES, but there were many genuine posters who were sick to death of hoisting. I don't care whether they liked me or not, you took a bigger pasting than I did.
I don't get the impression from FP that once the season was over the moaners who wanted a sign/log in system bothered to do anything about it. There is a case that I cannot discuss about the consequences of that situation. FP has read through this site at my invitation and has persisted it is the only way forward.
I still have plan XY&Z to go at with Tony if necessary.
However with a secure login system for ES the disruptors would have their ISP's blanked out. It works here.

FredC said:
I take your point from elsewhere that the wreckers would not sign on for XES, but there were many genuine posters who were sick to death of hoisting. I don't care whether they liked me or not, you took a bigger pasting than I did.
I don't get the impression from FP that once the season was over the moaners who wanted a sign/log in system bothered to do anything about it. There is a case that I cannot discuss about the consequences of that situation. FP has read through this site at my invitation and has persisted it is the only way forward.
I still have plan XY&Z to go at with Tony if necessary.
However with a secure login system for ES the disruptors would have their ISP's blanked out. It works here.

I can tell you that myself and others did contact Paris.
I'll talk to you about this offline - discretion is advised

limerickman said:
I can tell you that myself and others did contact Paris.
I'll talk to you about this offline - discretion is advised
Perhaps I should have used a less than blanket term than I did because I know you have been petitoning for a long time. I was in general referring to persons who complained about the lack of control only because it interfered with with their posting which got sidelined in the scrum (Must rewrite that last bit).
Even though the ES board got tenuously back on track, I would like to thank them for allowing me to post/advertise the XES board on numerous occasions. that was very much appreciated. No takers, but probably many lookers who realised that they wouldn't be able to ply their wares here. People like PGM, who hasn't changed, only posts from work on weekdays. ISP blocked = What?. Students, government trainees, at work persons, domestic posters. We had some bloody good ex riders who posted last year, and they melted away after reading the drivel. Your opinion of my drivel is your own, but I never liked the situation when I was accused of writing to myself for a witty response.

FredC said:
Perhaps I should have used a less than blanket term than I did because I know you have been petitoning for a long time. I was in general referring to persons who complained about the lack of control only because it interfered with with their posting which got sidelined in the scrum (Must rewrite that last bit).
Even though the ES board got tenuously back on track, I would like to thank them for allowing me to post/advertise the XES board on numerous occasions. that was very much appreciated. No takers, but probably many lookers who realised that they wouldn't be able to ply their wares here. People like PGM, who hasn't changed, only posts from work on weekdays. ISP blocked = What?. Students, government trainees, at work persons, domestic posters. We had some bloody good ex riders who posted last year, and they melted away after reading the drivel. Your opinion of my drivel is your own, but I never liked the situation when I was accused of writing to myself for a witty response.
I see that that Hemplands is on line at at the moment, perhaps a view on the current situation might be both illuminating and practical of purpose as to the present situation vis a vis to the prospective improvement of the Message Board.

FredC said:
I see that that Hemplands is on line at at the moment, perhaps a view on the current situation might be both illuminating and practical of purpose as to the present situation vis a vis to the prospective improvement of the Message Board.

I think that this is the only place to post, to be honest.

At least here, you have separate identities posting.
Whereas over there, anyone can post anything using Pokerpete, Limerickman,
ANother, signature.

Interesting that Hemplands is online as you claim - but will not post here.
Just amazes me that someone who claims to love cycling refuses to post to a secure site, but will post to an unsecure site at ES.
The question is - why would an entity called Hemplands decide to log on here
and not post ?

I told you and BRF - in the other place - that, even though I never say/knew the personalities like Les Wood etc, I liked to read about their endeavours and how goos they were.
I like reading anything yourself or BRF have to offer here about the old days - because it's all learning, isn't it.

Hey,

Back from the '50' in four, I completed the course in 2:58, 2 minutes quicker than I hoped.

I was part of the main group until I decided a good 15 mile sprint was in order, two people followed me, and we were the first group finished.

XES is definetly better than ES.

Got a Nationals at Eastway next Sunday.

Cheers Phil

limerickman said:

hi there.. mmmmmmmmmmmm well errrr a bad day at the office.. could not get in the spanish race,, too complicated, so went to one near montpellier,, bad news, 93 kms with all the cats together... it had this silly 300 meter 1 in 8 up to the village square.. its was murder.. i was over my head, got to admit it...stayed on for 3 laps, lost contact, got back on, and was dropped on a mal ou jambe bit... out of the back.. managed to get to the finish,, but, well there you go.. next time.....ytd 3750 kms,, what good that it is by the way.... bon courage.. ps do you think the M?SR has shot its bolt,, 280 kms easy 10kms poggio ,bunch sprint. finish. i think it needs a more hard bits, hey,, i know one, its at Servian in the dept de Aude.??????????????????????

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there.. mmmmmmmmmmmm well errrr a bad day at the office.. could not get in the spanish race,, too complicated, so went to one near montpellier,, bad news, 93 kms with all the cats together... it had this silly 300 meter 1 in 8 up to the village square.. its was murder.. i was over my head, got to admit it...stayed on for 3 laps, lost contact, got back on, and was dropped on a mal ou jambe bit... out of the back.. managed to get to the finish,, but, well there you go.. next time.....ytd 3750 kms,, what good that it is by the way.... bon courage.. ps do you think the M?SR has shot its bolt,, 280 kms easy 10kms poggio ,bunch sprint. finish. i think it needs a more hard bits, hey,, i know one, its at Servian in the dept de Aude.??????????????????????
hi ohh errr LRM it was 9c at miday 12c during the race,, the whole of the med was and still is covered by a cold low cloud fog.. its pissing it down outside now.. wish i was in ireland bon courage.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi ohh errr LRM it was 9c at miday 12c during the race,, the whole of the med was and still is covered by a cold low cloud fog.. its pissing it down outside now.. wish i was in ireland bon courage.

Sorry to hear about the complications down there in Catalunya.
1 in 8 is what, 12% gradient.
Nasty, especially with the race being open to all categories.
Average speed would probably be high on those short circuits too.

yeah the weather here at the weekend was very good, here.
Not a breath of wind on Saturday and the temp was 18 degrees celsius.
I managed to hit an average 20mph for the practically the entire 5 hours.
I have seldom felt as comfortable on a bike, as I did on Sat.
You know when you get a day when you're going really well - well, Sat was that day.
The mileage ytd has helped a hell of a lot.
No pressure at all pushing those gears - just pedalled without stressing the muscles.
With all this mileage, i notice that my leg muscles are beginning to take on the same look as I had when I used to race, very little fat and just muscle.

I taped SanRemo.
Petacchi won it very convincingly.
He managed to hold on over the Cipressa and Poggio.
bettini went for the long one but was caught and then Brochard had a try.
I think that if it comes down to a bunch sprint, Petacchi is practically unbeatable at the moment.
The only way to beat him is to get a roadman to make a break for it and to stay away.
Tour of Flanders should be good.

bikeriderfrance said:
Never mind BRF, what the bloody do you expect when you can get to disappear down the trappe in short attrition races like this. At least you finished. Well at least you're getting the hang of suffering again.
Perhaps the MSR might need another climb, but I'm not in total agreement with this. Jesus it's 280k early season, just look how many climbers didn't make the gallop. They've had plenty of time to develop the race for their own purposes, but never do. Leave it alone I say, anyway how are you going to move the hills from France to Italy for a day, and put them back again. Have you got a job with the Protour ****ing things up with Pat?

FredC said:
Never mind BRF, what the bloody do you expect when you can get to disappear down the trappe in short attrition races like this. At least you finished. Well at least you're getting the hang of suffering again.
Perhaps the MSR might need another climb, but I'm not in total agreement with this. Jesus it's 280k early season, just look how many climbers didn't make the gallop. They've had plenty of time to develop the race for their own purposes, but never do. Leave it alone I say, anyway how are you going to move the hills from France to Italy for a day, and put them back again. Have you got a job with the Protour ****ing things up with Pat?

What did youse make of MS and the commentary on Saturday ?

I thought he did alright, I have to say.
I didn't hear any major blunders, apart from him saying Moreno Bettini and the slight mixup about the 2nd and 3rd places (but the camera angle was an overhead, long distance shot when he confused Hondo for Freire).