Xes - Message Board

I'm thinking of dressing as Tyler for Halloween this year. I have many ideas for how to accomplish this.

lokstah said:
I'm thinking of dressing as Tyler for Halloween this year. I have many ideas for how to accomplish this.
Plenty of time, plenty of time. Wait for the Show to start to do your best stuff.

FredC said:
Plenty of time, plenty of time. Wait for the Show to start to do your best stuff.
You're right, of course. The costume is currently in a pre-production design phase; I'll develop some good concept renderings and run them by you folks before comitting to any materials.

FredC said:
hi there recieved this PRIVATE EMAIL FROM a Mr B,C is he real ???read it..G'day BRF, with the death of Pope John Paul and a few spare minutes up my sleeve, I though I'd just clarify a few bit's that seem to bother you.

Firstly, I'm retired, yes, but not from life, I have a good mate Mick, he owns and runs a very busy but small bike shop, in the lead up to Christmas and Easter he get's snowed under with all sorts of stuff, repairs, bike builds, servicing you name, it he gets it.

It doesn't warrant another full time employee so he asks me to give him a hand which I'm more than pleased to do for obvious reasons. I never had the luxury of a bike mechanic, wherever I've ridden I've had to do it myself, because I know how. A bit of cash in hand doesn't go amiss either and Mick and I have spent many hours in the saddle together over the years.

The other one is your insinuation of me as a lyer, I resent that completely but put it down to the ignorance show by both you and the other Wally. You two don't have the coin on bike riding and you certainly don't know it all, despite thinking so. As I have said my racing both in Belgium and then Germany, Holland, etc., are very factual, just one of thousands of amateurs riding bikes, not even you could say you know them all.

I'm just one a number of bike riders who did just that and we didn't make the headlines doing it either. That wasn't the reason why I took up the sport in the first place, as I've already said it was an escape pure and simple. I still hold that as a motivation to ride, if I only wanted to win bike races I would have given it away many years ago, there's more to life than that.

your obsession with me not mentioning Ron Jowers almost smacks of stupidity, of course I know of him who wouldn't, but he never made a difference to me in my cycling. He never came to me and offered advice, he never held his hand out in a gesture of friendship and he never gave me a wheel to sit.

I even checked him out with Dave and George, both said the same thing he rode the TOB and the Isle of Man TT but apart from that he didn't have any interaction with any of us lads from the East End of London. Dave Bedwell was the only one who gave any of us a bit of encouragement and advice. It is unfortunate he's not with us any more, or I would ask him to send you confirmation and I know he would be only too ready to do so. Although he was a good bike rider he didn't have tickets on himself, he was a good man too.

If you can't handle my truth well, tough ****, my wife Shirley reads this forum too, her reason, just for a bit of amusement, it was she who said to me, it's unusual for you not to give em a serve. Well here it is if you don't like it then that's a shame.

I've never questioned you about your activity on a bike, all the stuff you post could be a lot of **** as well, we would never know, you and the other bloke hide behind psuedonims, frightened you might be?

What you see from me is what you get, no pretence no ********, I never took anything illegal to gain an advantage in any sport I've competed in and there's been a few. If you do take illegal substances then you stand the chance of paying the price later in life and that's not a ******** story either.

Of course I was offered stuff back in the mid fifties but chose not to contaminate my body with any of that **** and still believe the same today. Anyone who does deserves all they get for cheating and I have absolutely no simpathy for whatever befalls them.

Well that's all I've got to say for now, my work load has just about come to an end and I can relax for a couple of weeks preparing for my visit to the old country. Look forward to catching up with some long lost Family and some very good bike mates.

Have a good day, as I said many times before I intend to, life's what you make it BRF.

bon courage,,,
user_offline.gif

Brian CotgroveView Public ProfileSend a private message to Brian CotgroveSend email to Brian CotgroveFind More Posts by Brian CotgroveAdd Brian Cotgrove to Your Buddy List

Delete this Message
Delete MessageTo delete this message, check the​

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there recieved this PRIVATE EMAIL FROM a Mr B,C is he real ???read it..G'day BRF, with the death of Pope John Paul and a few spare minutes up my sleeve, I though I'd just clarify a few bit's that seem to bother you.
Hehehe. He must have banged his head very severely this time. When he flies to England they'll have to chain him to the seat and gag him.
What's the Pope got to do with him having some time to play with?
Anyway, has the weather bucked up yet? and how did you get on today?
It threw me a bit at first because I had been discussing a BC. Brian Cookson, who is one of the chiefs of BC. British Cycling with someone else.

FredC said:
Hehehe. He must have banged his head very severely this time. When he flies to England they'll have to chain him to the seat and gag him.
What's the Pope got to do with him having some time to play with?
Anyway, has the weather bucked up yet? and how did you get on today?
It threw me a bit at first because I had been discussing a BC. Brian Cookson, who is one of the chiefs of BC. British Cycling with someone else.
hi there well eerrr it was a coppa veterano espania race,, same as a pete fryer in the uk.. well eerrr after a 200kms trip to get there, i well eer got DROPPED. hey thats not right old BRF DROPPED ???? YES.. i did 5 laps of ten, then just slid off the back up this bit of a leggy slope,, got mixed up with half a dozen other guys, and kept going,,, unfortunately in spain if you are over a minute behind the bunch,( we were at about 2 ) they pull you out,, so i did not finish... first time for years i have not crossed the META,,,,still its back to france next week,,,, will keep you informed..

YTD is 4865,, should see 5000 by weds....

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there well eerrr it was a coppa veterano espania race,, same as a pete fryer in the uk.. well eerrr after a 200kms trip to get there, i well eer got DROPPED. hey thats not right old BRF DROPPED ???? YES.. i did 5 laps of ten, then just slid off the back up this bit of a leggy slope,, got mixed up with half a dozen other guys, and kept going,,, unfortunately in spain if you are over a minute behind the bunch,( we were at about 2 ) they pull you out,, so i did not finish... first time for years i have not crossed the META,,,,still its back to france next week,,,, will keep you informed..

YTD is 4865,, should see 5000 by weds....
Bit disappointing to get shelled out at the halfway mark, still it happens. Must have been a decent field though, or was it just one of those climbs that you can't get a grip of. Good rule that 2min one, if they did it over here it would stop a lot of the tossers treating the race as a training run. The trouble here now is some categories of races give licence points out down to 20 places. Bonkers.
Anyway young Phils got up to 200 a week, so when he's done that for a month we'll get to work on him. He's only just 14. 5foot, and 8stone, which sounds just about right to me. That Ryan_ Velo lad sounds as though he might make the grade. The BC, or BCF as we know it are still complete arseholes.
Anyway the Hamilton Blood Tranfusion Results should be out tomorrow. I reckon he'll get done, if not, blood loading will be legal along with everyrider having a haematocrit level of 49.9% and taking Warfarin to thin the blood.
Anyway from one person who won't put his real name up to another one who won't put his real name up, it's bonsoir from him, and bonsoir from me. What does Madame BRF think of the Popes messanger? Weathers still shitty here.

FredC said:
Bit disappointing to get shelled out at the halfway mark, still it happens. Must have been a decent field though, or was it just one of those climbs that you can't get a grip of. Good rule that 2min one, if they did it over here it would stop a lot of the tossers treating the race as a training run. The trouble here now is some categories of races give licence points out down to 20 places. Bonkers.
Anyway young Phils got up to 200 a week, so when he's done that for a month we'll get to work on him. He's only just 14. 5foot, and 8stone, which sounds just about right to me. That Ryan_ Velo lad sounds as though he might make the grade. The BC, or BCF as we know it are still complete arseholes.
Anyway the Hamilton Blood Tranfusion Results should be out tomorrow. I reckon he'll get done, if not, blood loading will be legal along with everyrider having a haematocrit level of 49.9% and taking Warfarin to thin the blood.
Anyway from one person who won't put his real name up to another one who won't put his real name up, it's bonsoir from him, and bonsoir from me. What does Madame BRF think of the Popes messanger? Weathers still shitty here.
salut hi there, well eerm, the pool water is up to 19c, its all sun sun sun at the moment, however this morning when i was passing gerona at 8.00am it was a very low 3c, but when i got to barcelona it was up in the teens..yes TH is confident that he will get off, just like the 2 greek bandits, who ever heard of such a miscarrage of justice..still they had the olympics, alls forgotten ?.
bon courage..see hondo has been stripped of his world cup points... oh by the way french 3 did not show any of the ansell today, weather too bad, so Es did its bit.. but i wish old duffers would think before he opens his gob,, the yellow flag with a lion on it is the flag of flanders NOT belgium,, he should know that by now.. by by.

bikeriderfrance said:
salut hi there, well eerm, the pool water is up to 19c, its all sun sun sun at the moment, however this morning when i was passing gerona at 8.00am it was a very low 3c, but when i got to barcelona it was up in the teens..yes TH is confident that he will get off, just like the 2 greek bandits, who ever heard of such a miscarrage of justice..still they had the olympics, alls forgotten ?.
bon courage..see hondo has been stripped of his world cup points... oh by the way french 3 did not show any of the ansell today, weather too bad, so Es did its bit.. but i wish old duffers would think before he opens his gob,, the yellow flag with a lion on it is the flag of flanders NOT belgium,, he should know that by now.. by by.
It's odd that flag business. The real Belgian flag says nowt to me, but the Leeuvw van Vlanderen does, somehow it's a more real identity. Hey, I've found out where all the clowns live www.veloriders.co.uk I'm having a ball.

philhudson said:
203 this week, (Last Sun, - Sat)

45 today with club run.
Good stuff lad, just keep it up, no big gears now, unless you have to with the blast, which won't be your fault. I must say that the Sunday clubrun seems short. Never mind Phil, just get that 200miles a week in consistently. That's the most important bit. Keep that up, then the rest will become easier as your metabolic glycogen rate will automatically adjust.

Yep the clubrun was short, as there ws only 3 of us (inculding myself!)

It had some decent hills in though.

bikeriderfrance said:
HAMILTON gets stood down for two years.

Have been away from here for the past few days - trying to catch up on the miles missed while over in Jesusland.
Mileage is going ok but I won't hit the 1,000 miles for this month as that sojourn
over the pond took two weekends out of April.
It's a bollox but there you go.

I see DiLuca won the Amstel.
I taped the race - the coverage was terrible though wasn;t it ?
Fog and then we basically only got footage of the sprint finish.
ES service hasn't been good for the classics.

I see TH got the two year ban.
I thought that he would have his work cut out for him trying to explain two different blood types in his system.
Perez rolled over and accepted his lot, after failing the same test, but TH tried to weather the storm.
I expect that he will retire.

Wonder will they release that movie about him cycling with the broken colalr bone in 2003 TDF ?
I imagine that there are a lot of ****** of people - not least the film producer.

limerickman said:
Have been away from here for the past few days - trying to catch up on the miles missed while over in Jesusland.
Mileage is going ok but I won't hit the 1,000 miles for this month as that sojourn
over the pond took two weekends out of April.
It's a bollox but there you go.

I see DiLuca won the Amstel.
I taped the race - the coverage was terrible though wasn;t it ?
Fog and then we basically only got footage of the sprint finish.
ES service hasn't been good for the classics.

I see TH got the two year ban.
I thought that he would have his work cut out for him trying to explain two different blood types in his system.
Perez rolled over and accepted his lot, after failing the same test, but TH tried to weather the storm.
I expect that he will retire.

Wonder will they release that movie about him cycling with the broken colalr bone in 2003 TDF ?
I imagine that there are a lot of ****** of people - not least the film producer.
What about when he ground his teeth away. Don't worry about it. They'll include a bit about how his mother slipped his twin from the womb without knowing. Sorry, 'slipped' is a horse racing term a miscarriage but......grinding all your teeth away, then riding with a broken collarbone. I'm not having any of it. I've seen enough to know that hard tough riders wouldn't even attempt these idiocies. Never mind him. Good twist for the film producers though. A bit like finding the Enigma coding, and escaping from Colditz. No probs Lim.

FredC said:
What about when he ground his teeth away. Don't worry about it. They'll include a bit about how his mother slipped his twin from the womb without knowing. Sorry, 'slipped' is a horse racing term a miscarriage but......grinding all your teeth away, then riding with a broken collarbone. I'm not having any of it. I've seen enough to know that hard tough riders wouldn't even attempt these idiocies. Never mind him. Good twist for the film producers though. A bit like finding the Enigma coding, and escaping from Colditz. No probs Lim.

1987 TDF, SK fell in the TDF and broke his collarbone.
The man tried to get back on his bike and cycle, but couldn't hold the bars.
His broken clavicle prevented him from being able to grip.

He got off his bike - and cried at the side of the road with disappointment.
That's what really breaking a collar bone does to you in the TDF.

limerickman said:
He got off his bike - and cried at the side of the road with disappointment. That's what really breaking a collar bone does to you in the TDF.
Watcha sayin'?

lokstah said:
Watcha sayin'?

What I am saying is that although TH may well have broken a bone in his shoulder, that it did not prevent him from cycling his bike.

If you break your clavicle (and I've done it twice) you can't move your arm, never mind try to grip your handle bars to cycle.

Ok, we have a group ride here now. It started two weeks ago, the first time I went I had troble finding it & I was too late. I felt like a yayhoo since Ryan down at the bike shop told me in detail the directions three times! But I rode 25 that day any way. Ok any way, my first time ever in my life I had a group ride. It was great, there were about a dozen guys there, they all were friendly. One guy, who was 18, told me I did beter than he did his first time. He said I was great & I kept up w/ the fast guys up in front, some of them racers. I talked to a guy who gave me a lift home & he said maybe he could get me on a raceing team. I want to go for it.

So its going to be his last................................

The divine Mr. A. has decided that 24th July 2005 he hangs up his professional cleats.

I am delighted at the thought.

MCM