Xes - Message Board

110 So far this week.

Its bike fitting night at the club tommorrow so I shall be there, and do some training after!

philhudson said:
110 So far this week.

Its bike fitting night at the club tommorrow so I shall be there, and do some training after!
Good lad, that's the ticket.

lokstah said:
Watcha sayin'?
hi there, well eer on this side of the pond, it IS comman knowledge that TH did NOT have a clean break of the coller bone, it was a fracture, which with the correct dressing applied,( which was ) he was able to continue... LRM is correcty, with a clean break it is impossible to hold the bars, never mind ride the alps and the pyrenees.. bon courage.. oh, well its all bunkum now,, he must be the tricky dicky of usa cycling..psss, did you here and see old LA has given over a million euro to the uci for drug testing equipment.... only the TdF to go then the era is over...

philhudson said:
110 So far this week.

hi there, YTD today 5070 kms yaaaaaawwwwn.....today 120+85 on tuesday, so 205 so far, should see about 400kms this week......

bon courage.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, well eer on this side of the pond, it IS comman knowledge that TH did NOT have a clean break of the coller bone, it was a fracture, which with the correct dressing applied,( which was ) he was able to continue... LRM is correcty, with a clean break it is impossible to hold the bars, never mind ride the alps and the pyrenees.. bon courage.. oh, well its all bunkum now,, he must be the tricky dicky of usa cycling..psss, did you here and see old LA has given over a million euro to the uci for drug testing equipment.... only the TdF to go then the era is over...
No, I gotcha. I understand the difference. That said, I'm not sure what the point is: whether it was a terribly severe "through-break," or a less severe partial fracture doesn't seem to matter. Is someone arguing that his clavicle was shattered into pieces, or even in two? I'm not sure anyone is. In any case, it was likely extremely painful injury, and the effort he put out was Herculean.

Whether blood-doping taints the story is a different issue altogether.

lokstah said:
No, I gotcha. I understand the difference. That said, I'm not sure what the point is: whether it was a terribly severe "through-break," or a less severe partial fracture doesn't seem to matter. Is someone arguing that his clavicle was shattered into pieces, or even in two? I'm not sure anyone is. In any case, it was likely extremely painful injury, and the effort he put out was Herculean.

Whether blood-doping taints the story is a different issue altogether.
hi there, quite right, i think that the press had nothing to write about, LA was going to win, they all gave up (6 times), so here we have a big crash, man falls down and WOW breaks coller bone,,, so the press can keep the TdF alive, while old LA puts the others to bed,,, re the blood job...it is strange that TH kept up the pretence of "i am not guilty" just like old RV " la favori de la femme de menage" but in the end he broke down and wept, agree~ing he had taken a couple ( or a few sic ) of pot belge... still 2 years before the mast (have you read that book by R H DANA worth finding and reading) it must be the end.... WILL the soviets want their gold now ????now there a question bon courage,

Ive got a 10Mile TT Tonight, my first time trial ever, any advice?

Was at the club last night to get my bike fitted properly, my saddle height was fine, but they moved it right back.

philhudson said:
Ive got a 10Mile TT Tonight, my first time trial ever, any advice?

Was at the club last night to get my bike fitted properly, my saddle height was fine, but they moved it right back.
hi there, 10 miles is nowt, start in 50x16 then sit in 50 x14 all the way.. remember 100 revs per minute on a gear of 86 is average of 25 mph.. aim for a 24 dead. good luck bon courage.

Well April's been a disaster as regards cycling mileage.
I have only hit 510 miles because I was away fro two weekends out of the month.
So that's put paid to 1,000 mile target for April.
This could be a blessing because I have't been too fresh on the bike and it was starting to become a real chore.

Caught LBL yesterday - good win for Vino.
Voigt is going really well this season.

limerickman said:
Well April's been a disaster as regards cycling mileage.
its been the opposite for me, although i dont clock up the mileage as you folks do, i have been out 4 times this week alone because of the stunning weather and it doesnt get dark till after 9pm now.

i had a bit of sun stroke yesterday, been out in the garden from 8am till 7pm extending our driveway for a bigger car.

MountainPro said:
its been the opposite for me, although i dont clock up the mileage as you folks do, i have been out 4 times this week alone because of the stunning weather and it doesnt get dark till after 9pm now.

i had a bit of sun stroke yesterday, been out in the garden from 8am till 7pm extending our driveway for a bigger car.

That's good going, Pro.
Weathers been good up there in Scotland ?
It hasn't been bad here - raining a bit but not warm.
Not sunstroke conditions here unfortunately.

Did you see the Bhoys/Rangers game yesterday ?
Bellamy played a blinder - great goal by petrov too.

MountainPro said:

hi there, i envy you old pro, its been **** weather here down on the med, wet, cold, grey ,hot, very hot ,very cold,, yes all truth's,, on wednesday, did a big ride around and into the mountains, left home at 8.am and got back at 15.30 pm but **** was it cold, i never got warm, even up the last climb into france from spain, i just just rode up without a sweat and froze at the top to wait for the other guys, i waited about 10 mins, no one so i went back down 4 k's to the bottom and met them there ( must say i did pile it on a bit for a few kms..), but when i got home i was in a bad way...cold.through could not get warm,,..did our usual on thursday, but i knew i was going to get flu,, friday **** what a dose of the flue bug.. so no race in spain on sunday, and now after a couple of nights sleep, not too bad... hey the sun is out, wait a mo... just checked the thremo, its 26c int bak yard lad.. **** what a year so far...... it must get better, hope so its my 60th on the 12/5/2005, having some guys down from up north...year to date so far is 5180kms,, not too bad i suppose..bought mrs BRF a new frame last week, well not new, but it is a giant once team frame, one of the team issue, very light around 1 kilo with forks,got it of a guy who bought it from one of the spaniards in the team,,it was "as new " ... built it up with stuff of a vitus what she rode looks good, must be, on our ride saturday ( complete with running nose), she shot up the little climb we go up,, " very nice "she said, now thats unusuall for someone who is not interested in the finer points of the bike game..quote ( why do you have to have all carbon parts on your bike )unquote no answer i suppose..bon courage.
ps sun is still shining, still there time....

limerickman said:
That's good going, Pro.
Weathers been good up there in Scotland ?
It hasn't been bad here - raining a bit but not warm.
Not sunstroke conditions here unfortunately.

Did you see the Bhoys/Rangers game yesterday ?
Bellamy played a blinder - great goal by petrov too.
yesterday, unbroken sunshine the whole day, and very hot...

Yes, Bellamy fantastic, O'Neill is going crazy in talks with Newcastle to extend his contract (he is on loan and doenst belong to us) but you know what its like Souness is a ****** and old feelings run deep. He will try and scupper the deal.

The huns played pretty shite (as usual) but it was a stoll in the park for us. Its the first time i have seen the sun shine on Castle Greyskull (Ibrox)

Its freak weather here...April isnt usually so warm..

i was out on the bike in Thursday for 3 hours and the wind was very strong and really negated the sunshine..

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, i envy you old pro, its been **** weather here down on the med, wet, cold, grey ,hot, very hot ,very cold,, yes all truth's,, on wednesday, did a big ride around and into the mountains, left home at 8.am and got back at 15.30 pm but **** was it cold, i never got warm, even up the last climb into france from spain, i just just rode up without a sweat and froze at the top to wait for the other guys, i waited about 10 mins, no one so i went back down 4 k's to the bottom and met them there ( must say i did pile it on a bit for a few kms..), but when i got home i was in a bad way...cold.through could not get warm,,..did our usual on thursday, but i knew i was going to get flu,, friday **** what a dose of the flue bug.. so no race in spain on sunday, and now after a couple of nights sleep, not too bad... hey the sun is out, wait a mo... just checked the thremo, its 26c int bak yard lad.. **** what a year so far...... it must get better, hope so its my 60th on the 12/5/2005, having some guys down from up north...year to date so far is 5180kms,, not too bad i suppose..bought mrs BRF a new frame last week, well not new, but it is a giant once team frame, one of the team issue, very light around 1 kilo with forks,got it of a guy who bought it from one of the spaniards in the team,,it was "as new " ... built it up with stuff of a vitus what she rode looks good, must be, on our ride saturday ( complete with running nose), she shot up the little climb we go up,, " very nice "she said, now thats unusuall for someone who is not interested in the finer points of the bike game..quote ( why do you have to have all carbon parts on your bike )unquote no answer i suppose..bon courage.
ps sun is still shining, still there time....

MountainPro said:
Its freak weather here...April isnt usually so warm..

i was out on the bike in Thursday for 3 hours and the wind was very strong and really negated the sunshine..
i agree, just what is going on, i was out in "racing stuff" end of jan, then we had 6 weeks of 60/80kph winds and a temp of around 5c, so it was bloody cold on the bike.. then march came, 2 weeks of warm weather and then again, bang, 2 weeks of **** wet weather,, april the same, one day perfect following day down to 4/5c,,,, still it will get better, must do, but i must say, we were at my sons place in suffolk 2 weeks ago, sat outside enjoying a BBQ,,,in the sun...very strange... i think it is man or mouse stuff at the moment, feeling a bit cheessyy to say the least,,, race in france on sunday, then its all go up to the worlds in august.. bon courage.

bikeriderfrance said:
i agree, just what is going on, i was out in "racing stuff" end of jan, then we had 6 weeks of 60/80kph winds and a temp of around 5c, so it was bloody cold on the bike.. then march came, 2 weeks of warm weather and then again, bang, 2 weeks of **** wet weather,, april the same, one day perfect following day down to 4/5c,,,, still it will get better, must do, but i must say, we were at my sons place in suffolk 2 weeks ago, sat outside enjoying a BBQ,,,in the sun...very strange... i think it is man or mouse stuff at the moment, feeling a bit cheessyy to say the least,,, race in france on sunday, then its all go up to the worlds in august.. bon courage.

Same here, BRF.
Weather is four season in a day stuff.

It has got warmer though - but the breeze here is now a permanent fixture.
Yesterday (Sunday) was lovely - bright and warm.
I got in a five hour spin (92 miles or 147kms in your money).
It was supposed to be raining here today but it's lovely, with the same conditions as yesterday.
Even the bloody weather forecasters can't seem to get it right !

Well, I didnt get very far in the 10 as my mum decided NOT to take me:mad: .

it was 30 miles away from home so it was too far to ride to.

philhudson said:
Well, I didnt get very far in the 10 as my mum decided NOT to take me:mad: .

it was 30 miles away from home so it was too far to ride to.
That's the way it goes when you have a chauffeuse. Never mind. How many miles did you get in? That's more important.