Xes - Message Board

FredC said:
Aren't you going to knock the gearing down a notch or three and start pedalling again? What's the point of big nick at this time of the year?
FFS ride the climb on a pedalling gear, and keep a high cadence. I'm slogging my stones off here to get them to ride 42x20 for 100miles on a Sunday. It's bloody hard work though. There are a few believers including Dave. I was speaking to Paul Paterson tonight (Liv. Merc.) and we are all off the same mind about encouraging younsters. Pete Matthews is on the case as well, and has done something about it also. Slowly, but very slowly I think some sort of progress is being made.
The President of the BC/BCF Brian Cookson doesn't like me because I ask too many questions. Ho effing Ho. So now we've got Peter Matthews and Paul Paterson from Merseyside on board, plus Guy Elliot from the West Midlands, and of course the great Legro, and Rafiki from Manchester, when he turns up again. I get on rather well with Stuart Benstead, but he wants me to share responsibility for some projects regarding local council lobbying. I'd love to, but I'm physically goosed, and Hillingdon is an awkward place to get to from here.
I'm dancing as fast as I can.
Best regards to all readers.
hi there, welll errrrrrrrrrrrrr. as i said before i am onmi winter bike, so peddling along on pretty quickley, what i failed to point out was that i went out with this bloke to "DO IM IN " which i did, :p:p:p we are off again this wednesday, 110 kms into spain, but i will go on mi winter bike and peddle away in 38x 21,23,27.. oh i may go onto my big ring which is a 45...

got in another 105 on sun plus a quick 40 on sat so year to date to end of october is 13785 kms.. suppose not too bad.. want to see 15k by 18th of december.. thats the end of the riding year for me, off to angleterre until the 8th of jan. ps may borrow a bike from paul mine cycles in bradford for a quick spin mmmmmmmm may take mi shoes and pedals with mi, mmm maybe mi crash at as well.. might as well take the lot... shhhhhhhh mrs BRF will get upset.... bon courage..:cool::cool:

philhudson said:
Did anyone go to Newport to watch Magnus backstedt?
Oh the prodigal son returns. Right what have you been doing? and how many miles? Go back over all the last posts adressed to you and answer the bloody things properly. I've just looked at the Chelmer tea and sticky bun site and your winter rides will be between 45 and 65 miles. That's no good, now get cracking with the Glendene.
Backstedt was miles off the pace.

Thats obiviously not true as the club run on sunday was about 80, don't know exactly as my bike is not with me at the minute.Did a track day then wacthed Magnus.

philhudson said:
Did anyone go to Newport to watch Magnus backstedt?
hi there why??? one must add, he only did about 57 kms,, remember old boardman on his MB bike did over 55 kms about 1and a bit kms shorter.. bon courage. .

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there why??? one must add, he only did about 57 kms,, remember old boardman on his MB bike did over 55 kms about 1and a bit kms shorter.. bon courage. .
hi there sorry if you want to SEE proper motor pacing, just look to your left and you will see a 650 bsa twin with a BIG bloke behind it... **** could that go.bon courage.

He seemed underprepared, only about half hour -45mins before start he went off..... walked up to him got his autograph! He didnt do any testing, if he had prepared better he could have probably done it!

philhudson said:
He seemed underprepared, only about half hour -45mins before start he went off..... walked up to him got his autograph! He didnt do any testing, if he had prepared better he could have probably done it!
Did he apologise to you for not doing as you told him?

ryan_velo. said:
I sure am gald about the time change, I was geting tired of riding in the dark every morning. :)
I watched the Backstedt hour attempt coverage, and was grateful for the education contained in the commentary, for example that your legs only hurt on the straights, and that lactic acid is a fuel your legs can use up.

The world is truly a place of wonder.

John Knees said:
I watched the Backstedt hour attempt coverage, and was grateful for the education contained in the commentary, for example that your legs only hurt on the straights, and that lactic acid is a fuel your legs can use up.

The world is truly a place of wonder.
hi there, see old herras has been done or caught, 2 positives for epo in the vuelta,, why one must ask, i wonder if he thought he would get away with it being a spanish rider,, no fat chance, look what happened to old pantani..when will it end.. epo is now detectable within hours, who is actually giving these guys the stuff... i am sure there is a mr BIG somewhere pushing the dope.. look at the planquart (?) mob, he made all the pot belge and sold it throughout europe.. shame in it.. bon courage.:cool::cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, see old herras has been done or caught, 2 positives for epo in the vuelta,, why one must ask, i wonder if he thought he would get away with it being a spanish rider,, no fat chance, look what happened to old pantani..when will it end.. epo is now detectable within hours, who is actually giving these guys the stuff... i am sure there is a mr BIG somewhere pushing the dope.. look at the planquart (?) mob, he made all the pot belge and sold it throughout europe.. shame in it.. bon courage.:cool::cool:
No way back after this, he'll be too old, just like Hamilton.I think that they've all got fridgefuls of the stuff. BTW, the worlds largest maker of EPO, Amgen will be sponsoring the Tour of California in February.
I'm dumping that Phil Hudson, he never answers the questions that you put to him, nor does he keep us up to date. A complete waste of time giving him advice, leave him to his tea and sticky bun club.

philhudson said:
What questions then?
Read back thru' the thread and answer all the ones you haven't. You're in the last chance saloon, and it will be closing shortly.

OKay

170miles last week, and this week 98 miles, + tonights training later will bring me up to about 125.

Last Sunday had 5:30 hrs on the road with a more or less constant headwind.

Anything else?

philhudson said:
OKay

170miles last week, and this week 98 miles, + tonights training later will bring me up to about 125.

Last Sunday had 5:30 hrs on the road with a more or less constant headwind.

Anything else?
Yes, answer ALL the questions from before from BRF and Dave as well. Your reports are not good enough for us to follow. You don't even mention gearing. I'm getting fed up with you. We're not ****ing clairvoyants.

FredC said:
Yes, answer ALL the questions from before from BRF and Dave as well. Your reports are not good enough for us to follow. You don't even mention gearing. I'm getting fed up with you. We're not ****ing clairvoyants.
Phil
you haven't got to write a book but just list something like this.....

Monday 2 hours steady 43x16 windy Recovery ride from weekend 6/10
Tuesday Turbo Hard session 45 mins felt good pleased with leg speed 7/10

that sort of thing and the scoring is 1-10 10 being a high score

Legro

Over the Hill said:
Phil
you haven't got to write a book but just list something like this.....

Monday 2 hours steady 43x16 windy Recovery ride from weekend 6/10
Tuesday Turbo Hard session 45 mins felt good pleased with leg speed 7/10

that sort of thing and the scoring is 1-10 10 being a high score

Legro
Write a book? We want him on 42x20 (or eqiv) all winter. 100 mile on a Sunday to keep and develop a stamina and cardio-vascular base. What he doesn't know is that by doing this his metabolism will learn to utilise food in a more frugal manner without affecting performance. Do you agree? Or have you some additions to make.