Xes - Message Board



FredC

New Member
Oct 22, 2004
2,859
0
0
ryan_velo. said:
To answer your question lim, I'm not grounded from my bike, thank god:) I'm on thanksgiving break so I've been off since wendsday. I rode Wends. & yesterday. Last Sat. I did 50 miles w/ the team. It was relatively slow pace, nice ride.
It's a pity I didn't know of these problems, as I had a few questions to ask you about the Kentucky winter weather conditions. I was going to ask you to call the dogs off and take a different perspective in October thru December. I am now completely lost as how to regain that training position. Let me know Ryan. ASAP.
 

bikeriderfrance

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
467
0
0
77
limerickman said:
BRF - sorry to hear about the flu.
This time of year we're all susceptible to it : weather here is all over the place.
It was really mild up to last week te,peratures were 12-15 celsius but from last weekend thoug, temperature went dow to between -2 and +3 celsius.
Snow, sleet, and bloody cold.

I went out yesterday and today : 50 miles each day : bloody freezing when I got back.
Four pots of tea to try to get the heat back in to me : I'm doing all this mileage for to raise funds for charity (don't want to be blowing my own trumpet but that is the only reason why I'm doing this amount of miles).
If reach the 12k miles by 31/12/05 : I will collect €2,600 in sponsorship for a worthy cause.

That bike you're building sounds good - I went to the local bike shop yesterday.
He has Merckx bike : carbon this and that : €2,900 quid.
Nice bike but very pricy.

Keep pedalling, mon ami !
hi there, yes the price of new stuff is very expensive, however i buy 99% of my stuff off ebay, i sit and look at most of the euro sites and the usa.canada. i pick up lots of carbon bike gear quite cheap, i must add that i do then sell it on,, stuff say from france, sells twice as much in the uk, but i can buy stuff from germany and sell it at 3 times the price sometimes...i was into giant seat pinsearly this year, one time they were like gold dust, very expensive even on ebay, but now they are 2 a penny.... at the moment i am selling quite a lot of carbon painted brake calipers, dead cheap in germany, nice profit in fr/uk..the new bike is just about ready, only to put the chainset on, but mrs BRF and me are off to the uk on the 18th of dec, so i will not get much time out on it..... oh ytd just 15,000 kms. still got the dreaded flue, but been out today (not on the bike), to buy a chain.. still cold out there, but glorious sunshine..bon courage.
 

bikeriderfrance

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
467
0
0
77
bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, yes the price of new stuff is very expensive, however i buy 99% of my stuff off ebay, i sit and look at most of the euro sites and the usa.canada. i pick up lots of carbon bike gear quite cheap, i must add that i do then sell it on,, stuff say from france, sells twice as much in the uk, but i can buy stuff from germany and sell it at 3 times the price sometimes...i was into giant seat pinsearly this year, one time they were like gold dust, very expensive even on ebay, but now they are 2 a penny.... at the moment i am selling quite a lot of carbon painted brake calipers, dead cheap in germany, nice profit in fr/uk..the new bike is just about ready, only to put the chainset on, but mrs BRF and me are off to the uk on the 18th of dec, so i will not get much time out on it..... oh ytd just 15,000 kms. still got the dreaded flue, but been out today (not on the bike), to buy a chain.. still cold out there, but glorious sunshine..bon courage.
HI THERE AT LAST FLUE ON THE WAY OUT, DID A COUPLE OF HOURS YESTERDAY AND DID THE CLUB BASH THIS MORNIG, GOING OK, BUT THE LEGS WERE A BIT "MAL OU JAMBE " TO SAY THE LEAST.. WEATHER IS VERY COLD IN THE MORNINGS, DOWN TO AROUND 1/2 C BUT AFTER NOONS BACK TO BRIGHT SUNNY AND QUITE WARM WEATHER, EVENINGS BACK TO THE VERY LOW TEENS.. GOT IN MY 15,000 KMS YTD TODAY, BUT WITH ONLY ABOUT 8/10 DAYS RIDING LEFT TO GO, ( WE ARE OFF TO THE UK ON THE 18TH UNTIL 8/01/2006, WILL NOT GET IN MY PIE IN THE SKY YTD OF 16KS NEVER MIND.. BON COURAGE. TOUS.
 

Over the Hill

New Member
Jul 3, 2005
25
0
0
I got a question for those of you that might have had some experience of the treatment I am having

First of all I’ll let you know the problem.

I have 2 prolapsed discs 5 and 6 also the facet joints have arthritis.

I had a MRI scan to diagnose this after experiencing loss of power, back aches etc and sciatica.



I got referred to a spinal injection specialist who is convinced he can sort me, he explained a quick fix that might work (epidural) or he can try and sort my problem more long term, which involves facet joint injections.



The first time I had them (up to 4 needles at a time) was a few weeks before the World Masters track Champs back in September. The injections were not that painful and to be honest gave me little relief however helped the sciatica.



In the mean time 4 months down the road I saw my consultant, being as there was little or no improvement, he was keen to continue his treatment. This time the injections were very painful and for some time the area around was sore and aching, which made it difficult for me to realise if the injection site was hurting or my spine?

Anyway, that has subsided but yesterday (Saturday) I woke up with server pain, which not only bloody hurts but also I cant bend or lean over. I can walk about and if I lay down do get relief.



I personally think the injections did not work as I am led to believe that my treatment is instant relief?



The sad thing for me is, I love riding my bike and actually look forward to this time of the year getting in the miles and I can’t do this at all at the moment. The bazaar thing is when I was sprint training, I got hack along a dual carriageway on my track bike on a massive gear at 43mph with no sign of pain, if I were to go out for a gentle recovery ride for an hour I am doubled up.



Anyway, anyone had the same problem or know of anyone similar?

:D
 

FredC

New Member
Oct 22, 2004
2,859
0
0
Over the Hill said:
I got a question for those of you that might have had some experience of the treatment I am having

First of all I’ll let you know the problem.

I have 2 prolapsed discs 5 and 6 also the facet joints have arthritis.

I had a MRI scan to diagnose this after experiencing loss of power, back aches etc and sciatica.



I got referred to a spinal injection specialist who is convinced he can sort me, he explained a quick fix that might work (epidural) or he can try and sort my problem more long term, which involves facet joint injections.



The first time I had them (up to 4 needles at a time) was a few weeks before the World Masters track Champs back in September. The injections were not that painful and to be honest gave me little relief however helped the sciatica.



In the mean time 4 months down the road I saw my consultant, being as there was little or no improvement, he was keen to continue his treatment. This time the injections were very painful and for some time the area around was sore and aching, which made it difficult for me to realise if the injection site was hurting or my spine?

Anyway, that has subsided but yesterday (Saturday) I woke up with server pain, which not only bloody hurts but also I cant bend or lean over. I can walk about and if I lay down do get relief.



I personally think the injections did not work as I am led to believe that my treatment is instant relief?



The sad thing for me is, I love riding my bike and actually look forward to this time of the year getting in the miles and I can’t do this at all at the moment. The bazaar thing is when I was sprint training, I got hack along a dual carriageway on my track bike on a massive gear at 43mph with no sign of pain, if I were to go out for a gentle recovery ride for an hour I am doubled up.



Anyway, anyone had the same problem or know of anyone similar?

:D
Have you thought of having a chat with Phil Thomas, he's a successful chiropractor these days.
 

Over the Hill

New Member
Jul 3, 2005
25
0
0
Thanks for that Fred, I've been down the chiropractor road, saw Martin Early he is next to brilliant, he sorted out my tilted pelvis which made my spine a little better I don't think a chiropractor is any good at this stage. I'm beyond that in fact I'm beyond anything apart from upsetting BC presidents :D
 

limerickman

Moderator
Jan 5, 2004
16,130
115
63
Over the Hill said:
Thanks for that Fred, I've been down the chiropractor road, saw Martin Early he is next to brilliant, he sorted out my tilted pelvis which made my spine a little better I don't think a chiropractor is any good at this stage. I'm beyond that in fact I'm beyond anything apart from upsetting BC presidents :D

Martin's got a successful practice going there in the UK.

We have a term over here called "bone shakers" : they're guys who haven't formally trained but they're genius's at sorting out back/muscle problems.

Dan O'Neill in Carlow - the owner of the legendary horse Danoli (anagram of Dan's name) - is one such guy.
This guy heals all sorts of sports stars and ordinary folk.
People travel miles to attend his clinic.

There's got to be similar guys operating in England ?
 

FredC

New Member
Oct 22, 2004
2,859
0
0
Over the Hill said:
Thanks for that Fred, I've been down the chiropractor road, saw Martin Early he is next to brilliant, he sorted out my tilted pelvis which made my spine a little better I don't think a chiropractor is any good at this stage. I'm beyond that in fact I'm beyond anything apart from upsetting BC presidents :D
Oh yes, Martin is good by all accounts, he lives about Cannock these days I think. He's a pal of Lims I think.
Now just what's wrong with getting on BC's tits, I love it after some of the strokes they've pulled over the last 45 years. I remember a crit. in Brittany, and they were a few Brits with different teams. The organisers decided that us Brits should wear dossards, and call it GB. of course this was a 100k affair, so plenty of time for the usual local lad stuff as well getting off the leash, until the real business started. Somehow news of a GB team got back to the BCF, and they must have contacted the organiser. Months later it filtered down to us, and guess what. The BCF stated in an official letter that only Bona Fide teams picked by the BCF could represent GB. The French ****** themselves laughing. That might have been OK, but I had a French Licence. Dickheads, the lot of then.
ABCC Association of Brian Cookson's stupid Comments. I'm sure we can do a bit better than that.
 

bikeriderfrance

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
467
0
0
77
Over the Hill said:
Thanks for that Fred, I've been down the chiropractor road, saw Martin Early he is next to brilliant, he sorted out my tilted pelvis which made my spine a little better I don't think a chiropractor is any good at this stage. I'm beyond that in fact I'm beyond anything apart from upsetting BC presidents :D
HI THERE, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY IN THE OLD AGE CLASS. YOU SAY YOU CAN NIP DOWN THE MOTORWAY AT 45MPH, ON A FIXED BIKE, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE, WITHOUT A BRAKE, MM WELL, TO CARRY ON.. YOU ARE GETTING BLOODY OLD, YOU HAVE TO TAKE STOCK,, PONCING ABOUT ON RACING BIKES AT OVER 50/60 IS VERY HARD ON THE BODY... YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE DECISION,, PLEASE DONT SAY I AM A FOOL, I KNOW, I AM 61 AND ITS STARTING TO HURT A LOT MORE THAN IT DID.... NOW I THINK ABOUT IT A BIT, NOT MUCH,, BUT ARE YOU BURNING THE CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS,, YOU ARE EITHER A TRACK MAN, A TESTER OR A ROAD MAN. YOU MUST CHOOSE AND STICK TO ONE DISIPLINE,,,, BUGGERING ABOUT FROM TRACK BIKES TO ROAD BIKES TO TT BIKES IS JUST NO GOOD... SOME OF US ARE FIGHTING FIT AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS, OTHER OLD MEN START WITH PROBLEMS, AND TRY AND GO/RIDE THROUGH IT HOPING TO REGAIN THEIR FORMER SELF.... I SUGGESDT YOU. SIT DOWN, THINK WHERE YOU ARE WANTING TO GO AND DO IT GENTLY. BON COURAGE. PS YOU MUST BE OLD....... UPSETTING BC PRESIDENTS IS A PASTIME FOR GUYS WITH THEIR HEAD IN A CONCRETE BLOCK.. JUST LOOK BACK IN TIME AND SEE WHERE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TRIED AND FAILED...THEY JUST COME UNSTUCK,, I SUGGEST YOU PUT THAT ENERGY INTO GETTING YOURSELF BACK ON TRACK..( SORRY HEALTH )
 

Over the Hill

New Member
Jul 3, 2005
25
0
0
You are right Bikeriderinfrance, I agree I should not burn the candle at both ends, but unfortunately for me I am what I am, I can’t slow down it’s what I do and in the end I’ll stop but I would rather do that knowing I have no gas left or my back will stop me dead in the end. I'm not complaining more wondering if any other Xer’s had similar injection to me? I am not sure what I am experiencing is normal or not normal, I am seeing consultant in a few weeks, he seems to think he can fix it, so we’ll wait and see eh

That’s how it is but your advise is good and I thank you for it. :)

 

bikeriderfrance

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
467
0
0
77
Over the Hill said:
You are right Bikeriderinfrance, I agree I should not burn the candle at both ends, but unfortunately for me I am what I am, I can’t slow down it’s what I do and in the end I’ll stop but I would rather do that knowing I have no gas left or my back will stop me dead in the end. I'm not complaining more wondering if any other Xer’s had similar injection to me? I am not sure what I am experiencing is normal or not normal, I am seeing consultant in a few weeks, he seems to think he can fix it, so we’ll wait and see eh

That’s how it is but your advise is good and I thank you for it. :)
hi there, well thats not too bad i usually get a bit of hate mail when i reply using my up norf yorkshire prose.. but i see from a little way back the you were and i quote "' riding the 50-54 500m TT, Sprint and Open Team Sprint." plus going for the treble,, BUT a wise man must ask DID YOU GET EM,,, mmmmmmmm its strange that when you get on in life, particulary in cycling,, we all hope to be a world champion.. when it really matered about being a REAL WORLD CHAMPION we were idiots and did not or could not make it... now with so called WORLD CHAMPIONS from 40 to 44. 45 to 49 and so on and so and on on on on //// are you hoping that one day you will enter the 500mtrs tt sprint and there are 3 riders, no point in racing you have a medal.. its only bloody good bragging for one sunday clubrun, thats all...in my time within the sport i have never taken any medicin, even now at 61 if i get the flue (which i just have had 10 days of it), i take nowt.not even a asprin, i have now and again back ache, head ache, teeth ache any aches will do, BUT no pills / potions,, i believe the body will right itself by itself..

in your case you admit that you are going at it like a mad man, its the way you do it,, to me as i said its take a look at oneself,, what are my objectives, can i achieve them, have i got the health and the ability to carry it through..its up to you, but i say.... rest, keep cool, and relax after you have been out..and most of all sleep on a board....oh did you do the triiple.. salut geoff
 

Over the Hill

New Member
Jul 3, 2005
25
0
0
I know what you are saying mate, trouble is, I can’t slow down or take sprinting easier, if I was a roadie I could enjoy just riding my bike.

The weird thing apart from what I should do or not do is, when I am sprinting I get no pain or grief but a gentle hour recovery ride can crucify me. Today I went out for a very easy ride, I came home after 30 minutes !



I do a lot or core stability in the gym. Although Ihave painted a picture of, this is what I do and all that, the reality within those words is that I will stop if my back hurts. I do rest and keep my back warm. I do also have a door under my bed (I must remember to take the handle off)

 

bikeriderfrance

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
467
0
0
77
Over the Hill said:
I know what you are saying mate, trouble is, I can’t slow down or take sprinting easier, if I was a roadie I could enjoy just riding my bike.

The weird thing apart from what I should do or not do is, when I am sprinting I get no pain or grief but a gentle hour recovery ride can crucify me. Today I went out for a very easy ride, I came home after 30 minutes !



I do a lot or core stability in the gym. Although Ihave painted a picture of, this is what I do and all that, the reality within those words is that I will stop if my back hurts. I do rest and keep my back warm. I do also have a door under my bed (I must remember to take the handle off)
HI THERE
"I do a lot or core stability in the gym " WELL MI OLD MATE. THERE YOU HAVE IT... STUPID GYM WORK, WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO GET IT INTO THEIR HEADS THAT GYM WORK IS NOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD FOR BLOODY CYCLING.. JUST THINK ABOUT IT... YOU ARE STRETCHING AND BUGGERING UP MUSCLE YOU DO NOT USE ON THE BIKE, ITS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME STOP IT NOW..... RIDE THE BIKE EVERY OTHER DAY.... PS WHAT ARE YOUR PALMARES ON THE TRACK.. SEE YA BON COURAGE.
 

bikeriderfrance

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
467
0
0
77
Over the Hill said:
I know what you are saying mate, trouble is, I can’t slow down or take sprinting easier, if I was a roadie I could enjoy just riding my bike.

The weird thing apart from what I should do or not do is, when I am sprinting I get no pain or grief but a gentle hour recovery ride can crucify me. Today I went out for a very easy ride, I came home after 30 minutes !



I do a lot or core stability in the gym. Although Ihave painted a picture of, this is what I do and all that, the reality within those words is that I will stop if my back hurts. I do rest and keep my back warm. I do also have a door under my bed (I must remember to take the handle off)
HI THERE. well errrrrrr errrrrrrr i have just had a little wisper in my earole.. if you are who i am led to believe well hands up, you know what you are about... but seriously, being a old git, and riding since 1956 and first event in 1957, i have seen most of it...there are a few modern day tequniques that i cannot just bring myself to believe that they work...i am one of the old school, to win on a bike no matter what discipline, you need miles miles and more miles....i once met reg harris when i raced at fallowfield, i awe of the great man, i asked him ( i was only 14), how he did it... he said and i remember his words to this day... winter 15 hours minimum of training, summer 20 hours of training. then everything will fall into place when you race.. at 61 i still use his advice... but if you are who i think you may be... you have been through it all.... to me, when you get above 50 it is being sensible....why not just go and prepare for one of those titles next year..but there again, i have mixed opiniums about so called old men world champions bon courage.. PS hey why not wear a light back belt when riding..if it does'nt work it will keep your back warm. mmmmmmm
 

Over the Hill

New Member
Jul 3, 2005
25
0
0
For a minute I thought you were going senile when I read the other post :D

Gym does work if you know what you are doing. I think when you mention the word gym everyone associates the word with massive weights, what I am doing is mainly lower back and abs all on specific machines that doesn't allow bad technique and keeps the back well supported while doing exercises. I respect your opinion on gym, but I will remain to disagree which is my humble opinion, in fact it has made a big difference to my stablising muscles around my back as well as major muscle groups. If you think about it, if I can strengthen my back through steady controlled movements like what I am doing, the correct amount of stretching to stay supple, it has to be a bonus.
I hear you say, well it doesn't seem to be working for you? But as my consultant said, he was amazed that I rode a bike in the first place in my condition, he went on to say that what I do is not making my back any worse as I am not lifting heavy weights.

I do train every other day when I am in training, even if I had no back problems vets cannot do back to back stuff and need the recovery.

I can drag out some Palmares if I search I never really made a note, from memory I have won about 30 odd National titles, Commonwealth Games Silver in Canada 1978, had some top 6th placings in the Grand Prix Circuit which at the time was quite good theres more but I can't be **** to look. I did a record attempt once got up to 126 mph :p
 

FredC

New Member
Oct 22, 2004
2,859
0
0
bikeriderfrance said:
HI THERE. well errrrrrr errrrrrrr i have just had a little wisper in my earole.. if you are who i am led to believe well hands up, you know what you are about... but seriously, being a old git, and riding since 1956 and first event in 1957, i have seen most of it...there are a few modern day tequniques that i cannot just bring myself to believe that they work...i am one of the old school, to win on a bike no matter what discipline, you need miles miles and more miles....i once met reg harris when i raced at fallowfield, i awe of the great man, i asked him ( i was only 14), how he did it... he said and i remember his words to this day... winter 15 hours minimum of training, summer 20 hours of training. then everything will fall into place when you race.. at 61 i still use his advice... but if you are who i think you may be... you have been through it all.... to me, when you get above 50 it is being sensible....why not just go and prepare for one of those titles next year..but there again, i have mixed opiniums about so called old men world champions bon courage.. PS hey why not wear a light back belt when riding..if it does'nt work it will keep your back warm. mmmmmmm
Well it's OK for you, because you are realatively unscathed by medical probs, its all the luck of the draw. Anyway you went for the World Chumps RR at 61, an Dave's 'only' 50. Nowt wrong with the rest of him upstairs or downstairs (allegedly). If the consultants can sort his back out, he'll be getting even more gongs in the future. I know we disagree on the weights issue, and that's the only thing. Whereas Dave and I are in favour, and he's producing todays GB Track Champions. So put that in your 51 tonight, sit in the chair and have a laugh.
 

FredC

New Member
Oct 22, 2004
2,859
0
0
Over the Hill said:
For a minute I thought you were going senile when I read the other post :D

Gym does work if you know what you are doing. I think when you mention the word gym everyone associates the word with massive weights, what I am doing is mainly lower back and abs all on specific machines that doesn't allow bad technique and keeps the back well supported while doing exercises. I respect your opinion on gym, but I will remain to disagree which is my humble opinion, in fact it has made a big difference to my stablising muscles around my back as well as major muscle groups. If you think about it, if I can strengthen my back through steady controlled movements like what I am doing, the correct amount of stretching to stay supple, it has to be a bonus.
I hear you say, well it doesn't seem to be working for you? But as my consultant said, he was amazed that I rode a bike in the first place in my condition, he went on to say that what I do is not making my back any worse as I am not lifting heavy weights.

I do train every other day when I am in training, even if I had no back problems vets cannot do back to back stuff and need the recovery.

I can drag out some Palmares if I search I never really made a note, from memory I have won about 30 odd National titles, Commonwealth Games Silver in Canada 1978, had some top 6th placings in the Grand Prix Circuit which at the time was quite good theres more but I can't be **** to look. I did a record attempt once got up to 126 mph :p
He'll be OK now that he's got over the shock. Funny thing is that I thought I told him it was you, must have slipped my mind somehow.
Was that 126 mph attempt the one where you demolished the kitchen, or the one at Heathrow beating Concorde down the runway?
I'll tell you what, BRF and I understand each other well. He's the only who has ever worked out how not to fall for my postings, and not get flamed. BRF can spot it coming a mile off.
And we are excellent with pseudo coaches who turn up from time to time. I blast them, BRF encourages them, then we have a bit of a row, and then he starts pulling their wings and legs off. It can take weeks sometimes.
 

bikeriderfrance

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
467
0
0
77
Over the Hill said:
For a minute I thought you were going senile when I read the other post :D

Gym does work if you know what you are doing. I think when you mention the word gym everyone associates the word with massive weights, what I am doing is mainly lower back and abs all on specific machines that doesn't allow bad technique and keeps the back well supported while doing exercises. I respect your opinion on gym, but I will remain to disagree which is my humble opinion, in fact it has made a big difference to my stablising muscles around my back as well as major muscle groups. If you think about it, if I can strengthen my back through steady controlled movements like what I am doing, the correct amount of stretching to stay supple, it has to be a bonus.
I hear you say, well it doesn't seem to be working for you? But as my consultant said, he was amazed that I rode a bike in the first place in my condition, he went on to say that what I do is not making my back any worse as I am not lifting heavy weights.

I do train every other day when I am in training, even if I had no back problems vets cannot do back to back stuff and need the recovery.

I can drag out some Palmares if I search I never really made a note, from memory I have won about 30 odd National titles, Commonwealth Games Silver in Canada 1978, had some top 6th placings in the Grand Prix Circuit which at the time was quite good theres more but I can't be **** to look. I did a record attempt once got up to 126 mph :p
hi there. well old fred c is right. we have had so many plonkers on this site, they come on and start banging on about how good they are at producing world champions (sic) again old men playing games.., we allow them a couple of weeks and then point out a few errors in their postings, usually about what they have done, and me and old fred look back and see that they are frauds.. we had a guy on from the US of A once, banged on about how he was on the olympic track squad in 1963/4,, when i found out his name, he was never on that squad, how did i know, because i was on it myself.... when i questioned him about guys like carl barton chris church bendon Mcewen he just ****** off we have not seen him since.... i know all about your palmares, including le world speed record on a bike.. but if you look in the left hand corner, you will see a guy sat behind jim patterson on a 650cc BSA rocket, whats the rider doing, breaking the 1/4, 1/2 and the 1 mile flying start class b motor paced records at fallowfield, year i think 1964.64/////...so we have something in common re records... BUT, i still have reservations about any gym work.... i know its the thing to be seen doing it, but, well there you go...i was not being silly when i said wear a light back belt, it just may help you hold it all together... you say that the gym work has helped, but not cured the problem,, i feel a idiot writing such stuff to a man of your knowledge, but sometimes the fool on the hill just may have a point....have you ever looked at your riding position, have you one leg longer than the other, are you riding on a carbon sheet called a saddle? the list is endless, maybe a good worn in brooks leather saddle may just do the trick.....just maybe, riding a fixed bike with 82 on instead of 102 and peddle a bit who knows....remember, age is a killer, treat it with respect.bon courage..
 

FredC

New Member
Oct 22, 2004
2,859
0
0
philhudson said:
It was my first time on a climb like that and did not know what to expect, was spinning a 39 x 25, it may have been because I did two hill climbs the day before?
You're fired. You haven't done a thing, you promised to let us know things a month ago. So I reckon that you are in the same state now as you were 12 months ago. BRF was right that you are a tosspot, and I gave you too much leeway altogether. So go and enjoy your tea and sticky buns with ******** Jeff Wade.
Bye bye.
 

bikeriderfrance

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
467
0
0
77
Over the Hill said:
For a minute I thought you were going senile when I read the other post :D

Gym does work if you know what you are doing. I think when you mention the word gym everyone associates the word with massive weights, what I am doing is mainly lower back and abs all on specific machines that doesn't allow bad technique and keeps the back well supported while doing exercises. I respect your opinion on gym, but I will remain to disagree which is my humble opinion, in fact it has made a big difference to my stablising muscles around my back as well as major muscle groups. If you think about it, if I can strengthen my back through steady controlled movements like what I am doing, the correct amount of stretching to stay supple, it has to be a bonus.
I hear you say, well it doesn't seem to be working for you? But as my consultant said, he was amazed that I rode a bike in the first place in my condition, he went on to say that what I do is not making my back any worse as I am not lifting heavy weights.

I do train every other day when I am in training, even if I had no back problems vets cannot do back to back stuff and need the recovery.

I can drag out some Palmares if I search I never really made a note, from memory I have won about 30 odd National titles, Commonwealth Games Silver in Canada 1978, had some top 6th placings in the Grand Prix Circuit which at the time was quite good theres more but I can't be **** to look. I did a record attempt once got up to 126 mph :p
hi there, just had a look at the so called champions of the world, masters, i see you did 2 out of 3, ok i say well done BUT what pisses me off is that we now have world chumps from the age of 30, f............ng hell when is 30 bloody old, this is ludricus.. lets have a senario, i had a long argument at the so called veterans world RR champs in austria.. the guy was a old man british sprint champion (****), this is what i sed,, you are at the good friday meet at herne hill, ( ps won the WHS 63),the good friday sprint is ready, the first round it is possible to have a 4 up heat, no1 world sprint champion undisputed, no 2 world sprint champion 30/34 w no 3 world sprint champion 35.39 no 4 world sprint champion 40 .44, heat 2 world champions 45.49 amd on and on and on , what a bloody farce.. there is only ONE world champion, not bloody 100's....i agree that this sport of ours, which i love, is now a OLD MANS sport, and old men must be catered for, BUT bloody world champs, never..should call them all world gereatrics , 2nd class.... needless to say i ****** the guy off, i later found out he was british sprint champion, how many rode the event 4..and one guy did not want to ride, the other 3 told him he had to just start and ride to the line, if not they would not give out the bloody championship medals and jersey... thats bloody stupid... still thats my thoughts on the system...bon courage.