Xes - Message Board

ellno#1 said:
As always "THE GENTLEMAN" Limerickman, pouring oil on troubled waters, no matter what your achievements on a bike your a champion's champion amongst men in my humble opinion.

I've been reading the posts on this forum for a couple of weeks now and I think there is much humour amongst it's participants, however there are a few who consider this their own private personal presinct and that's counter productive ?

Keep up the good work, very enjoyable indeed....?
hi there. is see you do not agree that a race with 3 riders plus a rider who does not want to ride but is entered, set off around a track (i know which) and the race commences with 3 guys going like mad and one guy pissing about having a tour around.. 500 mtrs later you have a brand new SPRINT CHAMPION OF GREAT BRITAIN, come on, think about it..as i said to old DLG a few weeks back, you can have a sprint race at herne hill with 4 heats a four, and every rider is either a WORLD CHAMPION or BRITISH CHAMPION/FRENCH CHAMPION ect ect ect....however there are a few who consider this their own private personal presinct and that's counter productive ... hey LRM/FREDC/brf have been on this board from the start, we use it to keep our readers informed on what is happening in this sad world of ours, i am sure that say BRF was using this to let everone know just how good or bad he is, old LRM/FRED C would tell him to ********.. but we enjoy this site as it was intended, we suffer no fools, and yes maybe it is our message board, enter with peril, now bog off toad... bon courage.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there. is see you do not agree that a race with 3 riders plus a rider who does not want to ride but is entered, set off around a track (i know which) and the race commences with 3 guys going like mad and one guy pissing about having a tour around.. 500 mtrs later you have a brand new SPRINT CHAMPION OF GREAT BRITAIN, come on, think about it..as i said to old DLG a few weeks back, you can have a sprint race at herne hill with 4 heats a four, and every rider is either a WORLD CHAMPION or BRITISH CHAMPION/FRENCH CHAMPION ect ect ect....however there are a few who consider this their own private personal presinct and that's counter productive ... hey LRM/FREDC/brf have been on this board from the start, we use it to keep our readers informed on what is happening in this sad world of ours, i am sure that say BRF was using this to let everone know just how good or bad he is, old LRM/FRED C would tell him to ********.. but we enjoy this site as it was intended, we suffer no fools, and yes maybe it is our message board, enter with peril, now bog off toad... bon courage.
Tut Tut Tut, BRF, you are a touchy lot, get yer knickers in a knot easily don't yer. All I said was reading the forum is fun, entertaining and very informative as well. My comment that by reading what Limerickman said/wrote was in my humble opinion much like trying to pour oil on troubled waters, that still stands.
As far as riders dicking around on a track or even on the road, well it happens all over the world unfortunately, some are genuine in their approach to cycling that's why we have such folk as yourself that are "Champions"? The others are and always will be pretenders, but having said that there is no control over the latter, one can't refuse them a bike or a licence. I might add too that there are a lot more of the latter, than the champs and they are the ones who only do this sport because firstly they want to, secondly the can and thirdly they can afford the equipment to do it as well.
The only answer usually in both forms of racing is to burn the buggers off within the first few kilo's it work like a treat and they usually give it away with many excuses..?
When they get to work on monday they skite about the weekend and how well they went but punctured at the inappropriate time etc., etc.
Whilst in the United Kingdom a couple of years ago I went into a bike shop just for a look as my better half was shopping a few doors down, the guy behind the counter was rattling on about how well he did at the weekend at Eatsway Park, he was telling a customer who was picking up his just serviced Carbo/Alli Trek, the customer had just paid two hundred and twenty British Pounds for the service and was asking about getting a new set of chainrings because he didn't want the 42-52 that were on the bike at the time....?
The guy behind tnecounter was telling his attentive listener that he was winding out a 52-13 and couldn't keep up with whoever was the guru at the race meet because the cadence was well over ninty rpm.....he asked if he could help me but I just said I was looking at the goodies....?
As far as telling me to bog off as well as refering to me as a toad is most uncharitable. Toads can be extremely poisonous, one day I'm sure we'll meet whether it's at Masters or on the road in Southern France we can discuss this further, this I make as a firm promise chum, bet your life on it.
With regards to being on this forum since it's inception then good for you, it doesn't maker any one persom or group of persons an owner/owners read the rules of engagement, mine can be as big as yours any day of the week.
Enjoy the bike riding it's all you have got by the sounds of things. (by what I read)
Bon Courage to you as well, frogs legs!

With regards to being on this forum since it's inception then good for you, it doesn't maker any one persom or group of persons an owner/owners read the rules of engagement, mine can be as big as yours any day of the week.
Enjoy the bike riding it's all you have got by the sounds of things. (by what I read)
Bon Courage to you as well, frogs legs![/QUOTE]
hi there, WELCOME you have passed the first test test, keep writing.. off out on mi bike now, up and over le col de vive's , weather, bright sunshine, no clouds blue sky about 10/15 c... bon courage.. ps trouble with racing guys these days is that 90% of riders spend too much time buggering about in gyms/turbo trainers/spinning/heart moniters/cadence.tricks/go faster pills and drinks. than riding the bike..:cool: :cool:

Bon Courage to you as well, frogs legs![/QUOTE]
hi there, well just got back, been out 3hrs .30mins in cold but gloriuos sunny weather, the canogou mountain looks brill with its table cloth of snow, it will last until may, have a rest and then during october it will be cover again, sheer bliss, i think i will go out again tomorrow, and then on saturday, out with the club training on sunday, thats should be fun, blow off all the no hopers, moaners, non trainers,posers/ponces and no doupt guys who have no back bone.. get rid of em i say, if i do 400/500 kms per week, why should i wait for lazy sods who **** into the wind..and winge when riding up a false flats at 40kph on the big ring... ah next week i may up my kms to around 600kms... i push 53x12 in training when i can and my legs hurt a bit this morning, need get more "miles"in .. bon courage.. mmmm now what was i going to do just now, oh yes, clean mi bike, ready for tomorrow....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
HI THERE. COME ON """TRAVAIL EST POUR LE PAUVRE""" PACK IT IN AND GET SOME "MILES IN".. BEEN OUT TODAY, DROPPED THE 206 OFF FOR ITS NEW WINDOW, AND THEN DID 2 HOURS, GREAT RIDE FROM ELNE DOWN TO PORT VENDRE AND BACK, THE MED WAS BLUE BLUE, THE SKY WAS BLUE BLUE AND IT WAS ABOUT 18C NOW WHO WANTS TO WORK....HAVE YOU TAKEN OUT A LICENCE, I RIDE UFOLEP AND FFC RACES DOWN HERE... ITS GOOD FUN, AND BEING OVER 60 I TEND TO WIN THE 60 PLUS PRIZE WHEN I RIDE THE FFC EVENTS.. UFOLEP, ITS ALL CAT STUFF EXCEPT FOR THE DIV/REG CHAMPS WHICH ARE AGE RELATED. I WILL BE AWAY ALL OF FEBUARY BUT I AM SURE WE CAN MEET UP AFTER... I AM RIDING THE MORMOT THIS YEAR ARE YOU????? BON COURAGE.:cool::cool:
my dear BRF
Because all I did between 20 and 30 wus ride me bike like now I hav' to work a always knew I'd hav' to but I enjoyed it while to goin' wus gud.
Still is it fact, its alright you old retired men getting the better of us workin' classes where were you when the stakes were down?
"When the going gets weird the weird turn pro" poor old Hunter blew his mind out
Bon courage à toi aussi veille branche

Jacques Dupont said:
Ta very much for all the information still working on it not easy for me been living in frogland too long 'spect
Back to work as I'd like to get out for a spin today if I can make it
See you:confused:
I sort of remember a PT being around does that ring any bells?????:cool:?????

Jacques Dupont said:
Ta very much for all the information still working on it not easy for me been living in frogland too long 'spect
Back to work as I'd like to get out for a spin today if I can make it
See you:confused:
Domino??? used to be a PT have I drawn a double six here:rolleyes:???

Jacques Dupont said:
Domino??? used to be a PT have I drawn a double six here:rolleyes:???
Good shuffle old man, your first lay, a Euro a spot then. Do you know that I'm not sure that HK was 100% correct in that we missed each other on crossovers when you were a Junior. I could have been a third/or second at the time! We did have such races then. Also road a lot against Westy and Rourky as well. Did you ever notice that Westy never rode a decent race on the Gun Hill circuit? Biggest nightmare was that Noddy Gordon. We used to enter two races if possible, and if he was down for one, we'd do the other. BRF and his crew had a different name for Noddy, but I've forgot what it was. Did the Tunstall have a sandy haired rider called Roach at the time? I'm terrible with some parts of my memory. BRF helps me a lot if I get stuck.
Oh well done, now let's see if you can give old BRF a bit of stick in them thar hills. I want you training on 42x20 for a month to get the old legs spinning, so that you can rev up the climbs again. Creak, creak.

bikeriderfrance said:
I think that the correct term for our friend is 'crapaud', at least that's what my French wife used to call me, and she was never wrong.

FredC said:
Good shuffle old man, your first lay, a Euro a spot then. Do you know that I'm not sure that HK was 100% correct in that we missed each other on crossovers when you were a Junior. I could have been a third/or second at the time! We did have such races then. Also road a lot against Westy and Rourky as well. Did you ever notice that Westy never rode a decent race on the Gun Hill circuit? Biggest nightmare was that Noddy Gordon. We used to enter two races if possible, and if he was down for one, we'd do the other. BRF and his crew had a different name for Noddy, but I've forgot what it was. Did the Tunstall have a sandy haired rider called Roach at the time? I'm terrible with some parts of my memory. BRF helps me a lot if I get stuck.
Oh well done, now let's see if you can give old BRF a bit of stick in them thar hills. I want you training on 42x20 for a month to get the old legs spinning, so that you can rev up the climbs again. Creak, creak.
I'll check out Roachy later weekend's approaching got to get off nice and sunny cross country skiing Saturday club run on Sunday seeyou Jacques:)

bikeriderfrance said:
Bon Courage to you as well, frogs legs!

hi there i wonder were elno#1 has got to.. he came with a bang and now nowt, maybe he has packed up,, who knows, this game is full of no hopers.

did another 3 hours today, had mrs BRF with me for half of that.. hell can she go, should do on her giant tcr with trick carbon bits all over it, must find her a nice set of carbon wheels on ebay sometime...

got my first race organised in south africa, its on the 5th of feb, 110 kms job, one of the cyclo sportivo's races, 100's of blokes all going like mad from the start, no good for old elno#1 they do not take prisoners, or wait for the old lags who trian on a turbo in the garage,, this sport is for REAL men i say bon courage...:cool::cool: ps its raining outside.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there i wonder were elno#1 has got to.. he came with a bang and now nowt, maybe he has packed up,, who knows, this game is full of no hopers.

did another 3 hours today, had mrs BRF with me for half of that.. hell can she go, should do on her giant tcr with trick carbon bits all over it, must find her a nice set of carbon wheels on ebay sometime...

got my first race organised in south africa, its on the 5th of feb, 110 kms job, one of the cyclo sportivo's races, 100's of blokes all going like mad from the start, no good for old elno#1 they do not take prisoners, or wait for the old lags who trian on a turbo in the garage,, this sport is for REAL men i say bon courage...:cool::cool: ps its raining outside.
I just know that you won't believe this but the BC(F) now have 4 categories for a junior 1,2,3,4. I think they're bonkers.

bikeriderfrance said:

He's back, Only for a little while though, love the posts you gents put up, however I do have other things that take up my time, no offence of course.
I've been off the iron for over two months now the waistline shows that I'm a lazy sod. Not really, I've had some friends from the USA staying with me, escaping the crappy weather where they live, unfortunately for them they had to go back to it. (They don't ride bike's and think I'm crazy, "what with all that traffic")
Got out this morning, 7.30 only got in two hours, very slowly before the sun fried mi brain, but then isn't that fact, you don't need to be mad to ride a bike but it sure does help. 5.30 tomorrow morning up at sparrows and get into it (I know, I'm kidding mi'self) got to lose five kilo's, weight that is, my mate said cut off yer head that should help, he recons I'll not miss it..? Why are people so unkind :rolleyes:....?
That ride you did the other day BRF sounds terrific, fresh air, lite breeeze, blue med, who's a lucky lad then......Keep up the good work and keep that bike clean, it goes better that way :D
Incidentally, I'm one of the best nohoper's in the business and don't you forget it chum.
Dummy spit and I'm off to mi bed..ttfn

ellno#1 said:
PS. I'll be back, don't old yer breath though, be kind now.......?:cool:
hi there, glad to see u are back, want to loose 5kgs in 2 weeks, easy peeeezzzyyy, get a poubel sac ( dustbin liner), you know those big black plastic bags, cut out a ed ole, 2 arm oles, and put it on next to your skin, than put on your cycling stuff, go out and do your 2./3 hour ride.... keep it up and in 2 weeks you will be down to your racing weight...shock treament, lets see what old fred c has to say about this mind blowing method.. ps it worked for me after a long 9 month non racing just buggering about period,,although i did an extra 35.45 mins on the rollers (no turbo's in them there days).each day!!!!!!!!.its all mind games.. don't worry about being a chippollaa , you are in the majority, we need guys like you so we can kiss the girls, take the pots and put the money in our back pockets... bon courage.:cool::cool::cool: pps of out on mi bike now, sunny and dry, oh mrs BRF is going too, she will hang on mi wheel with gritted teeth, give no quarter thats what i say.. let them know who is the boss.. (she is off the bike eh eh eh eh eh:D:D:D:D:D:D:D).

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, glad to see u are back, want to loose 5kgs in 2 weeks, easy peeeezzzyyy, get a poubel sac ( dustbin liner), you know those big black plastic bags, cut out a ed ole, 2 arm oles, and put it on next to your skin, than put on your cycling stuff, go out and do your 2./3 hour ride.... keep it up and in 2 weeks you will be down to your racing weight...shock treament, lets see what old fred c has to say about this mind blowing method.. ps it worked for me after a long 9 month non racing just buggering about period,,although i did an extra 35.45 mins on the rollers (no turbo's in them there days).each day!!!!!!!!.its all mind games.. don't worry about being a chippollaa , you are in the majority, we need guys like you so we can kiss the girls, take the pots and put the money in our back pockets... bon courage.:cool::cool::cool: pps of out on mi bike now, sunny and dry, oh mrs BRF is going too, she will hang on mi wheel with gritted teeth, give no quarter thats what i say.. let them know who is the boss.. (she is off the bike eh eh eh eh eh:D:D:D:D:D:D:D).
Ah, but your plastic bag was used in a dire emergency. I think mi laddo needn't bother cutting holes in it. Just tie it up in the middle and chuck him in the river someone. No point in telling him how to train, people like him are too lazy to get out out of bed. Shall we ask for his palmares, that's what we normally do? Or should we just get Lim to ban him from the site, you know, make him disappear. He's not much use anyway. This is an elite site for the elite, not a load of scrubbers.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, glad to see u are back, want to loose 5kgs in 2 weeks, easy peeeezzzyyy, get a poubel sac ( dustbin liner), you know those big black plastic bags, cut out a ed ole, 2 arm oles, and put it on next to your skin, than put on your cycling stuff, go out and do your 2./3 hour ride....

That was a flamin' 'ot ride, the weather has cooled a bit (still 32C & 85% humidity) but when one is out of condition then it's always megga sufferin'...three hours worth and I only did seventy four K's....Why do I do it, who knows, it wasn't exactly the sort thing I wus lookin forward to that's for sure....I like to think it's because I love it ? Oh Stop complainin ?
The bin liner sounds a good strategy but I've got my old wetsuit vest that i'm using for the same ends, appreciate the input however. The only trouble with using the wetsuit vest is the bottom comes just above the saddle height and it looks as though I've peed meself...:eek: Lost two and a half kilo's, only water though, since getting home i've consumed nearly three litres, I took out two bidons and used them both.....Got to get a gatorade fix ?
Me thinks I'll have a short nap this afternoon help recover, Tuesday morning's the next sortie, it does get easier believe me and we're coming into the road season so I've got to get some kilometres in, whether I apply for another licence this year is yet another matter..Palmares you might ask, what's with that Fredc, nosey sod, well nothing you would hang on yer wall, braggin rights go to those who have to, me, I'm just a steady old bike rider, done me apprenticeship, got me stripes too. I'm 'appy with me lot, Oh no....got to go, family arriving........See ya TTFN ;)

Jacques Dupont said:
my dear BRF
Because all I did between 20 and 30 wus ride me bike like now I hav' to work a always knew I'd hav' to but I enjoyed it while to goin' wus gud.
Still is it fact, its alright you old retired men getting the better of us workin' classes where were you when the stakes were down?

Salut Jaques,
Too right you did, while the rest of us were earning a living. The tables have turned a bit now though! All this chat about HK, The Domino, Glossop and "Ben" is a bit unsettling!
Great photo BRF, Jim Patt ,the roar of the engine and smell of petrol. A real mens event, not like that Keirin thing they do nowadays!

Jean Dubois said:
Jacques Dupont said:
my dear BRF

Salut Jaques,
Too right you did, while the rest of us were earning a living. The tables have turned a bit now though! All this chat about HK, The Domino, Glossop and "Ben" is a bit unsettling!
Great photo BRF, Jim Patt ,the roar of the engine and smell of petrol. A real mens event, not like that Keirin thing they do nowadays!
Isay, I say, what's going on here? I'm the real pokerpete from the Domino and Eurosport. All this talk of Royston Glossop Vasey.
"I don't remember inviting any guests. Was it you Tubbs?"
"No,no Edward, it must have been that man on bicehikicle with a green and white pullyover. He was with a man with a black and white jersley and they were both drunk."
I told them it was a local shop for local people, and the green one called Charlie said "**** off you silly old ****".

Jean Dubois said:
Jacques Dupont said:
my dear BRF

Salut Jaques,
I managed to get out yesterday for a couple of hours AFTER WORK
Last weekend was fantastic: 3 hours cross country skiing on Saturday up on the top of the col de Chioula and 3 hours on the club run on Sunday with the Pyrenees as a backdrop- lovely lad - see you