Xes - Message Board

philhudson said:
Ok I will do a ''report'' for tonights session when I have done it.
And keep all your notes in an exercise book, so you can see how you are progressing. Don't be so 'kin lazy.

philhudson said:
I have already started writing them down, can't I just scan them up or something?
No type them in Lazyarse, we don't want to look at scribble.

1 hour on turbo

5 mins z1 warmdown

15min z2 (5mins warmdown 10 mins warm up)

40min z3

kept at 100rpm

8/10

Not fully recovered from running. Which reflected in training.

Also 1st in xcountry runnign today, almost killed myslef in that too!

Phil

FredC said:
Write a book? We want him on 42x20 (or eqiv) all winter. 100 mile on a Sunday to keep and develop a stamina and cardio-vascular base. What he doesn't know is that by doing this his metabolism will learn to utilise food in a more frugal manner without affecting performance. Do you agree? Or have you some additions to make.
yes I agree I was trying to point out how we want him to report his training not specify what he should be doing ffs :D

Over the Hill said:
yes I agree I was trying to point out how we want him to report his training not specify what he should be doing ffs :D
hi there sorry tooooooo complicated for an old head banger, just bang in 15 hours a week in winter, 20 hours a week in summer, its as easy as that. bon courage, oh its p,,,sss,,,,ng it down here, did 100 k's yesterday with the local elite guys, got shitted up, wet through, but my was it good. ytd.14,275kms..
see ya .. ps no more news on heras ????????????

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there sorry tooooooo complicated for an old head banger, just bang in 15 hours a week in winter, 20 hours a week in summer, its as easy as that. bon courage, oh its p,,,sss,,,,ng it down here, did 100 k's yesterday with the local elite guys, got shitted up, wet through, but my was it good. ytd.14,275kms..
see ya .. ps no more news on heras ????????????
Hi there, it was the Dave Rayner on Sat, all the old EB tossers were there looking ancient, apart from Dudley and his ever smiling face, he reminds me of John 'Sunshine' Kenworthy, Sherwens old team mate form the Altrincham. Guest of Honour was Paolo Bettini, who can't speak English. I would have thought that Tom Boonen would have been better, or perhaps your mate Thor, he seems popular here. Anyway are you club and regional Chump again, I do hope so. no wonder Hudson didn't write up the Catford HC, I've just checked it out on the CTT site. Bleedin' disgraceful performance, He only beat a couple of one legged pensioners.

But if you look at the bec hill climb results, you will see that I beat one of my usual road racing mates by about 20seconds

philhudson said:
But if you look at the bec hill climb results, you will see that I beat one of my usual road racing mates by about 20seconds
That's no excuse. Why did the Catford go wrong? On the face of it, it seems to me that you were slogging big gears. FFS you must have worked out why it was a bad result.

It was my first time on a climb like that and did not know what to expect, was spinning a 39 x 25, it may have been because I did two hill climbs the day before?

This morning, I did a three hour spin - managed to hit 61 miles but by God it was cold on the bike today.

The temperature today was 3 celsius : but bright and clear.
This is the first time since last February that I had to don the leggings.
I hate cycling in leggings.

I had three layers of clothing : a cotton tee shirt, a cycling jersey and an all weather cycling jacket (purchased in Aldi and very warm it is too).
At the end of the session - my clothing was saturated in sweat.
Sweating but freezing too. Had several pots of tea with brown bread and honey afterward to try to get the heat back in to me.
Not complaining, mind.

Mileage for the year to date - 11,123 miles.
I expect to hit the 12,000 by 31st December

philhudson said:
It was my first time on a climb like that and did not know what to expect, was spinning a 39 x 25, it may have been because I did two hill climbs the day before?
Bollocks. You've been listening to that Jeff Wade again. You can get up the Alpe d'Huez on that gear, in fact all the major Alpine and Pyrannean climbs.

limerickman said:
This morning, I did a three hour spin - managed to hit 61 miles but by God it was cold on the bike today.

The temperature today was 3 celsius : but bright and clear.
This is the first time since last February that I had to don the leggings.
I hate cycling in leggings.

I had three layers of clothing : a cotton tee shirt, a cycling jersey and an all weather cycling jacket (purchased in Aldi and very warm it is too).
At the end of the session - my clothing was saturated in sweat.
Sweating but freezing too. Had several pots of tea with brown bread and honey afterward to try to get the heat back in to me.
Not complaining, mind.

Mileage for the year to date - 11,123 miles.
I expect to hit the 12,000 by 31st December
Well done Lim. Great stuff. Can't say more than that.
I'm still banging on about 42x20 over here, and, at last seem to be getting somewhere slowly, I've turned it into a signature which the others seem to have picked up on. But the message is getting through. Bleedin' hard work though.
BRF seems to have had enough for the season, but is still out hacking I suppose. Oh well, he put his back into it once again. He's a good lad.
Be good now Lim, and get the kids together for the hacking season.

FredC said:
Well done Lim. Great stuff. Can't say more than that.
I'm still banging on about 42x20 over here, and, at last seem to be getting somewhere slowly, I've turned it into a signature which the others seem to have picked up on. But the message is getting through. Bleedin' hard work though.
BRF seems to have had enough for the season, but is still out hacking I suppose. Oh well, he put his back into it once again. He's a good lad.
Be good now Lim, and get the kids together for the hacking season.

Thanks Fred.

Yeah you've got to stick with the 42x??? gears and repeat and repeat again with them youngsters.
At least that's what I have found anyhow.
One lad that I explained this too has come on leaps and bounds : he's riding much better. (makes you wonder how many others could make more of their potential, eh ?)

But as regards training - those youngsters won't come out for a spin if it's too wet/too cold.
They want instead to train on their indoor trainers.

On Sunday morning only 5 people appeared for a spin - we only do 50 miles
on a Sunday morning.
Two of the bodies who did appear were hungover (at a 21st the previous night) and three ould lads.
It was quite cold (2 celsius).

The two youngsters died about 6 miles out and ****** off home, and I was stuck with two ould muppets - the same ones who'd been preaching the 55x???????? gears.

Needless to say, we didn't have a great chat during that spin.

I never had an indoor trainer/rollers when I was a kid.

srry I haven’t corresponded w/ you in the last few weeks, Fred, but things are as usual. It’s going well. I’ve been grounded from the computer for reason’s I’d rather not disclose, but I can sneak on now and again. I also have access via school.

-Ryan

ryan_velo. said:
srry I haven’t corresponded w/ you in the last few weeks, Fred, but things are as usual. It’s going well. I’ve been grounded from the computer for reason’s I’d rather not disclose, but I can sneak on now and again. I also have access via school.

-Ryan

Your folks haven't stopped you from cycling, hopefully ?

To answer your question lim, I'm not grounded from my bike, thank god:) I'm on thanksgiving break so I've been off since wendsday. I rode Wends. & yesterday. Last Sat. I did 50 miles w/ the team. It was relatively slow pace, nice ride.

ryan_velo. said:
To answer your question lim, I'm not grounded from my bike, thank god:) I'm on thanksgiving break so I've been off since wendsday. I rode Wends. & yesterday. Last Sat. I did 50 miles w/ the team. It was relatively slow pace, nice ride.
HI THERE, WELL AT LEAST YOU ARE GETTING THEM IN, POOR WEEK OVER ON THE MED COAST, FREEZING TEMPS, WIND AND NOW I HAVE GOT THE DREADED FLUE, LAST DAY OUT WAS THURSDAY, MANAGED ABOUT 90KMS, THEN BANG, HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE BIKE SINCE,, STILL YEAR TO DATE IS.14820 KMS..STILL NOT AS IMPRESSIVE HAS OLD LIMERICK MAN, BUT THERE YOU GO..MINE ARE ALL BETWEEN 80.100 KMS PER RIDE, LRM'S ARE ALL 0VER 160 KMS,BUT NOT AS MANY TIMES PER WEEK. STOP BELLY ACHING BRF.,I AM ON MI OLD WINTER BIKE, SPINNING ALONG ON 39X45 RINGS 12X28 BLOCK, SAFE TO SAY ITS BLOODY HARD WHEN THE GUY'S START GOING A BIT, ITS ALL HANG IN THERE, BUT, I AM BUILDING A NEW WINTER BIKE, MY OLD VENETO, FULL OF TRICKY CARBON BITS AND A REALLY NICE PAIR OF SHIMANO DUR ACE HUBS ON MAVIC M4 RIMS. MMM VERY NICE.. SHOULD WEIGHT IN ABOUT 8.8 KGMS.

SEE YA BON COURAGE.

bikeriderfrance said:
HI THERE, WELL AT LEAST YOU ARE GETTING THEM IN, POOR WEEK OVER ON THE MED COAST, FREEZING TEMPS, WIND AND NOW I HAVE GOT THE DREADED FLUE, LAST DAY OUT WAS THURSDAY, MANAGED ABOUT 90KMS, THEN BANG, HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE BIKE SINCE,, STILL YEAR TO DATE IS.14820 KMS..STILL NOT AS IMPRESSIVE HAS OLD LIMERICK MAN, BUT THERE YOU GO..MINE ARE ALL BETWEEN 80.100 KMS PER RIDE, LRM'S ARE ALL 0VER 160 KMS,BUT NOT AS MANY TIMES PER WEEK. STOP BELLY ACHING BRF.,I AM ON MI OLD WINTER BIKE, SPINNING ALONG ON 39X45 RINGS 12X28 BLOCK, SAFE TO SAY ITS BLOODY HARD WHEN THE GUY'S START GOING A BIT, ITS ALL HANG IN THERE, BUT, I AM BUILDING A NEW WINTER BIKE, MY OLD VENETO, FULL OF TRICKY CARBON BITS AND A REALLY NICE PAIR OF SHIMANO DUR ACE HUBS ON MAVIC M4 RIMS. MMM VERY NICE.. SHOULD WEIGHT IN ABOUT 8.8 KGMS.

SEE YA BON COURAGE.

BRF - sorry to hear about the flu.
This time of year we're all susceptible to it : weather here is all over the place.
It was really mild up to last week te,peratures were 12-15 celsius but from last weekend thoug, temperature went dow to between -2 and +3 celsius.
Snow, sleet, and bloody cold.

I went out yesterday and today : 50 miles each day : bloody freezing when I got back.
Four pots of tea to try to get the heat back in to me : I'm doing all this mileage for to raise funds for charity (don't want to be blowing my own trumpet but that is the only reason why I'm doing this amount of miles).
If reach the 12k miles by 31/12/05 : I will collect €2,600 in sponsorship for a worthy cause.

That bike you're building sounds good - I went to the local bike shop yesterday.
He has Merckx bike : carbon this and that : €2,900 quid.
Nice bike but very pricy.

Keep pedalling, mon ami !