Xes - Message Board

FredC said:
Whatever Don, we need Zapper back in full flow, he's a traffic mover on a board. Happy Christmas to you and yours. The name Zapper is required as a handle.
If we're having a Christmas amnesty can we invite Flyer back into the fold?

FredC said:
Obviously on Merseyside, who with, and what years did you use Vic's gym?
I've got you thinking now. :) :)

Spoke to Bob yesterday and wished him a Merry Christmas, he is still doing well.

Seeing Joey McLoughlin's name a few posts ago reminded me of a magic moment at the Brighton Mitre's Hove Park Kermesses in the early 1980s.

Joey had finished the senior race (sorry, can't remember the result) and was back at his car when a nipper came up and nervously asked for his autograph - then realised he'd brought nothing to write on.

Quick as a flash, Joey whipped off his (ANC?) cap, signed that and with a broad smile handed it to the lad.

Forget your off-hand Wimbledon Centre Court autographs - for that moment that kid got all of Joey's attention. The lad must be in his mid to late twenties by now, but I bet he remembers that moment - I know I do!

Hove Park was a fabulous venue, but sadly many of its trees were trashed in the 1987 hurricane.
:) John:)

An apology for not posting before the festive season to wish many Happy's but I do wish you all a good 2006 and good cycling.

Lim, Fred and BRF was chatting to the erstwhile Mr. Duffield last week passing on on the seasons greetings and he wished to be remembered to you all. He will be contributing to next season on ES.

Happy new year to you all

MCM

hemplands said:
An apology for not posting before the festive season to wish many Happy's but I do wish you all a good 2006 and good cycling.

Lim, Fred and BRF was chatting to the erstwhile Mr. Duffield last week passing on on the seasons greetings and he wished to be remembered to you all. He will be contributing to next season on ES.

Happy new year to you all
MCM
Late again M. Never mind I hope you and the lads had a good time, so belated Xmas Greetings, and New Years Greetings to you and the pan lids.
Pass my good wishes on to Duffo as well. Has he started his autobiograpy yet?
I've got one or two ideas for ES this coming season, and without giving the game away right now. I don't want that Aussie Mike Tomalaris on the preview/ review show for the TDF because we'll probably get Motormouth
Anderson as well. That's too much Oz to take. I prefer James Richardson even if Duffo has to lead him.
Francois is on Hols until 3rd Jan, so when we get going you deal with Greed, and I'll do Francois. Mine's the easy bit. Smiffys still snookering away, so that bit's OK.

Here's a special message for Andrew.
Hello Andrew, it's pp here. I hope that you had a great Xmastime. How's your new school going? I'll bet you've got loads of new pals now haven't you?
Now you look after Mum, and stop her looking at cyclists bums when she's driving.
Speak to you soonish when we all get back to normal.
Bye for now says pp.

2006 said:
I've got you thinking now. :) :)

Spoke to Bob yesterday and wished him a Merry Christmas, he is still doing well.
You have, and without phoning Bob, which would be easy, and even easier without phoning Dave Le Grys. I'm going to have a bash at Gordon Singleton, because I don't think you're Norman Sheil.
How's that one.

Darling Fred C.

Cheered me and little one up no end.

Have ear to ground, and maybe the angels are listening and stamping pretty feet.

And sorry the derrieres are still very much in focus, I can vouch for the smoothness of lycra ! especially on a Sunday morning in the most haunted village in the UK after the station hill ;)

(Take that whichever way you wish.!)

FredC said:
You have, and without phoning Bob, which would be easy, and even easier without phoning Dave Le Grys. I'm going to have a bash at Gordon Singleton, because I don't think you're Norman Sheil.
How's that one.
Erm....Back to the drawing board then.

Got a lovely surprise this morning. The postie brought me a box, it contained a bottle of single malt 10yo Macallan whisky. This was from one of my riders who I managed to help get a place on a French team for the coming season.
So tonight when the bings turn into bongs I shall raise a glass to him, hoping that he is successful in his quest to make the grade. Then another to toast all XES's in wishing them a Guid Hogmanay.....then another.....and anusher... and so on.

FredC said:
Got a lovely surprise this morning. The postie brought me a box, it contained a bottle of single malt 10yo Macallan whisky. This was from one of my riders who I managed to help get a place on a French team for the coming season.
So tonight when the bings turn into bongs I shall raise a glass to him, hoping that he is successful in his quest to make the grade. Then another to toast all XES's in wishing them a Guid Hogmanay.....then another.....and anusher... and so on.

Nice one Fred - well done that espoir for remembering you.

Happy Hogmanay - "It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank........."

Here's wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2006. May you dance up the steepest climbs like Charley Gaul, roule like an express train, and sprint like a man possessed.

Above all, may you all enjoy the best of physical and mental health.
:)
John.

P.S. I use "man" in its original Olde English gender-neutral sense. If the word offends you - tough!

Hi everyone I'm new here but not really new to cycling.
I've had a few years of the bike, 30 in fact, but started again in March last year on my 60th birthday.
Going somewhat slower than before but somehow feels stangely the same.
Had no trouble at all finding out who BRF is, we at one time rode some track and road together but that's going back sometime in'it.
FredC's a bit of an enigma I think I'll print out a few pages and get out the magnifying glass.
I used to live in the dark satanic hills in Derbyshire but no more.
Appy New Year to all

Irish TV showed the Official History of the TDF narrated by David Duffield of Eurosport and presented by Sean Kelly, today.
It is the official video for 1903-2003 and shows many of the great stages and the great champions like Merckx, Hinault etc.

Not being old enough to have seen Coppi cycle, I recommend this video/DVD to
all cyclists - for to see Coppi's pedalling action.
Coppi's pedalling style was fcuking beautiful and there is superb footage of him climbing D'Huez in 1952 (the first time D'Huez was in the TDF and Coppi won there).
The footage of Merckx is superb as well - the raw power of his style.
Great coverage of LeMond too and there's a lot about Anquetil/Poulidor as well as BigMig.

Worth getting this video even if it's only to see Coppi ; beautiful!

FredC said:
Erm....Back to the drawing board then.
Right I've got you then. You know all the scousers I know, and I know all the Scousers you know. You used to ride Kirby track, and did no good. You were a nice and likeable lad. So as we know the same people I welcome your addition.

Jacques Dupont said:
I've had a few years of the bike, 30 in fact, but started again in March last year on my 60th birthday.
Had no trouble at all finding out who BRF is, we at one time rode some track and road together but that's going back sometime in'it.
FredC's a bit of an enigma I think I'll print out a few pages and get out the magnifying glass.
Appy New Year to all
hi there, happy new year to you all, got back from gloomy uk last night, 20days of clouds, 2 hours of sun.. but when i got to the airport carpark (gerona) some nice spanish person has smashed the driver side window of the car, had a quick look inside and in the boot, pinched 6 cd's of no value and p.......ssed of.. it appeared that the car had been vandalised on the 20th of december and had stood with window (well no window), wide open, result it was wet through inside... quite a ride back to france at 120kph with no window,,, its back to getting a few in tomorrow, going to be hard but as you know, a silly old head banger like me i WILL get a few in..hey how many miles LRM and are you going to do the same this year ???????????? have to go ,,see ya bon courage pour 2006.

Jacques Dupont said:
Appy New Year to all
hi there what club did you ride for.. glossop???????????? bon courage.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, happy new year to you all, got back from gloomy uk last night, 20days of clouds, 2 hours of sun.. but when i got to the airport carpark (gerona) some nice spanish person has smashed the driver side window of the car, had a quick look inside and in the boot, pinched 6 cd's of no value and p.......ssed of.. it appeared that the car had been vandalised on the 20th of december and had stood with window (well no window), wide open, result it was wet through inside... quite a ride back to france at 120kph with no window,,, its back to getting a few in tomorrow, going to be hard but as you know, a silly old head banger like me i WILL get a few in..hey how many miles LRM and are you going to do the same this year ???????????? have to go ,,see ya bon courage pour 2006.

Happy New Year to ya!

Sorry to hear about the car, Biker.
Some thugs messing up your holiday like that.

I haven't been on the bike since the 28th Dec - have a heavy cold.

I haven't set my stall out for 2006 yet.
It will be a lot less mileage than 05, let me tell ya.
Hoping to get to Segovia in Spain for the Delgado grandfondo later in the year.
That's really all that I have planned so far.

talk to ya soon

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there what club did you ride for.. glossop???????????? bon courage.
Good guess BDF, Glossop Velo indeed although I did not go to the world youth games with you so that's all the clues you need.
Sorry to hear about the mishap with the car.
I was down your way in October with an old team mate, what a fantastic descent from Montbolo down to Amélie les Bains!!!
Managed to get 80 k in yesterday terrible wind but nice temperature 15°C.
All the best for now
Fearless Fellow Falcon Fighter:)