Xes - Message Board

hi there,:):) well what do you know, after our trip to SA it was all go for a couple of week, what with a complete MSN XP total crash which was only corrected by a new 80gig HD, i then bought a dvd/writer so that i could copy my photo's/ video ect to a dvd disc.. ( some hope) still trying to read the instructions, yes the SOG 's has got me, ( senile old git ).. but all in all not too bad, 1st event had a good 3rd, would have won it but a 32 year old ex ffc regional guy fiddled his license, and jumped away on the last prime hill, i was around the middle of the group but saw him and another vet who was on his wheel nip off the front,, i waited just too long, made a brave effort to get to them, i got within 50 mtrs, but oh so hard on the legs, never made it, slid back to the bunch and them wooped em in the sprint.... since then,, well err i was going to spain,never got there, why well err they put the clocks forward, and i got up late ( thats my story).. so went out with the boys and got in 135kms...later on in the week my club had its usuall all day march ride, a good day out and i got in 150 kms, last week i rode a FFC GP de guisson near narbonne, it was a reg/dept race, lets say a 1/2/3 cat in the uk... it was 80 ks and i finished in the bunch, @ 42.7kph. i was very pleased with that, on a 2kms curuit, flat out all the way.. great.. its my new training regime, out every day average 60kms... plus a 100 or so on sunday..(if not racing) since the 4th of march i have got in over 2000kms.. tomorrow i race near carcasson , i won last year so having the quick k's in from last week i am very confident i can take the pot/ flowers/kisses from the beauty queen.. will let you know....:cool::cool: hey the weather has been great, very warm and sunny, been out in racing gear since the last week in march..bon courage.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Jacques Dupont said:
Alright let's check the sums then:
54 on Tuesday after work
66 on Thursday after work
48 on Saturday and
80 on Sunday with 1000 metres (which is a lot more than feet) of climbing which gives errr 248 girlie kms
so there we go no miles but a few girlies:p
Notice no news from Spain though!!!!! Enjoy IT!!!
hey 240 k's per week, **** man thats kids stuff. i do that by jeudi, get out man,, remember there about 2 hours of light before 8.30 am (60kms) and about 3 after 17.30. (90kms ).. no excuses.... hell i remember doing 75 miles after work with the bradford chaingang, set of time, 7.00pm home at 9.45/10/pm ,, in the rain /snow as well men were men then or bloody idiots....:cool::cool:

bikeriderfrance said:
hey 240 k's per week, **** man thats kids stuff. i do that by jeudi, get out man,, remember there about 2 hours of light before 8.30 am (60kms) and about 3 after 17.30. (90kms ).. no excuses.... hell i remember doing 75 miles after work with the bradford chaingang, set of time, 7.00pm home at 9.45/10/pm ,, in the rain /snow as well men were men then or bloody idiots....:cool::cool:
hi there, well how mighty are the fallen, went to the event on sunday full of confidence, why should'nt i be, last week 80ks @ 42.7kph, this week a nice flat 10k curcuit..WRONG,, it turned out they had changed to course, it was now 12 k curcuit with 4 big hills init, the first 3 were not too bad but the last, **** it was tough,, guess what, on the 3 of 5 laps, i got DROPPED 50mtrs from the top, i promply lost 45 secs on the bunch, i CLM all the way round and just caught then at the bottom of the BIG hill, well i never really made contact, just about 30 mtrs behind, i kept going after loosing about 50 secs on the decent , but CLM again and got on the back about 2 ks from the finish, BUT on the last climb, i lost contact again, the finish was about 600 meters after so i came in at 9th spot...mmmmmmmmm never mind, i am at seigen on saturday, then millias on easter monday... maybe 1 from 2 who knows..... weather bright blue sky BUT dam cold only about 14/15c .. still getting em in ytd is 2900kms. bon courage.

Watching Paris-Roubaix on Sunday, I've come to the conclusion that dear old David Duffield is turning into Stanley Unwin. Either that, or my tinnitus is really taking over!

I've always enjoyed DD's cycling+cheese+local history+wine+rider profiles commentary in the past, but a good 5% of what he was saying was untelgbel.
:( Sad! :(
John.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, well how mighty are the fallen, went to the event on sunday full of confidence, why should'nt i be, last week 80ks @ 42.7kph, this week a nice flat 10k curcuit..WRONG,, it turned out they had changed to course, it was now 12 k curcuit with 4 big hills init, the first 3 were not too bad but the last, **** it was tough,, guess what, on the 3 of 5 laps, i got DROPPED 50mtrs from the top, i promply lost 45 secs on the bunch, i CLM all the way round and just caught then at the bottom of the BIG hill, well i never really made contact, just about 30 mtrs behind, i kept going after loosing about 50 secs on the decent , but CLM again and got on the back about 2 ks from the finish, BUT on the last climb, i lost contact again, the finish was about 600 meters after so i came in at 9th spot...mmmmmmmmm never mind, i am at seigen on saturday, then millias on easter monday... maybe 1 from 2 who knows..... weather bright blue sky BUT dam cold only about 14/15c .. still getting em in ytd is 2900kms. bon courage.

Good to hear from ya, Biker.

You're still putting the miles in I see - good on ya'.

Putting some miles in myself but nothing compared to last year.

best of luck in Seigen - make 'em suffer!

John Knees said:
Watching Paris-Roubaix on Sunday, I've come to the conclusion that dear old David Duffield is turning into Stanley Unwin. Either that, or my tinnitus is really taking over!

I've always enjoyed DD's cycling+cheese+local history+wine+rider profiles commentary in the past, but a good 5% of what he was saying was untelgbel.
:( Sad! :(
John.
hi there quite agree, a very dosjointed job by DD, BUT who is there to replace him, G jones did a good job, he's been there done that and maybe he will be back,, the other joker DH is a failed MB rider, he has no idea of the racing scene, just here him, its all quote i think so , will check, maybe i am right.. he knows nowt... i sent in a couple a forum messages last year in the tour,, i have contacts down here with thors hushvolt,, he mentioned a few times on air , what i sent in but never mentioned BRF only once when he crapped on me after he had miss read one of my emails.. my old mate saw him at the DR dinner and said that BRF was one of the old guard in yorshire,, keep on your toes. DH said i should p................ss of.. some guy.. bon courage.

I thought Graham Jones did a good job on the commentary.

I thought DD wasn't great - maybe the fact that he wasn't co-commentating with kelly disrupted him?

Naturally he wouldn't have been used to GJ as he is SK.

limerickman said:

Here-here to that - thoroughly enjoyed his input, quiet common-sense writ large. Trust you're all keeping well - I did a press-up yesterday.
:) John :)

John Knees said:
limerickman said:

Here-here to that - thoroughly enjoyed his input, quiet common-sense writ large. Trust you're all keeping well - I did a press-up yesterday.
Well done John that's really impressive!!!!

John Knees said:
limerickman said:

Found a quid on the floor did ya?

limerickman said:
Good to hear from ya, Biker.

You're still putting the miles in I see - good on ya'.

Putting some miles in myself but nothing compared to last year.

best of luck in Seigen - make 'em suffer!
:):) HI THERE, WELL WAT DU U NOW. FROM A low OF LAST WEEK, I SHOOK MYSELF UP, TOOK NOTE OF LRM AND GUESS WHAT, YES YOU'VE GUESSED, I WON THE VETS RACE.AT SIGEAN.. I TOOK THE BUNCH SPRINT WITH EASE TO TAKE HOME A MAGNUM OF RED WINE, FLOWERS, CUP AND THE BISSUES... SO ITS GETTING BETTER, 3RD A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, NOW A WIN.... TO MORROW IT WILL BE A DIFFERNT KETTLE OF FISH, ITS A OPEN 1/2/3/FFC RACE, WHICH FINISHES AT THE TOP OF A MIGHTY TOUGH CLIMB.. ITS A BIT LIKE A 55 KMS RACE IN HOLMFIRTH, THEN FINISHING AT THE TOP OF HOLME MOSS... BUT THE LAST 500 METERS IS 15%... GOOD FOR TRAINING AND MORAL...:cool::cool::cool::cool: BON COURAGE.. PS THANKS LRM......I DID THINK OF YOU ON THE LAST LAP. HONEST...

bikeriderfrance said:
My dear Brf I am doing this for fun :p and have absolutely no intentions of either entering or trying to win a race but I did ride a couple of cyclosportifs "le Roger Pingeon" near Montpellier 87 kms with a 700 m col and the "Clarac" at Auch 147 kms very undulating and finished both around about the middle and really enjoyed them and am looking forward to the next one but first I'm off on holiday to Costa Rica for 2 weeks without the bike.
Congratulations on your win in Sigean keep up the good work:)

Jacques Dupont said:
My dear Brf I am doing this for fun :p and have absolutely no intentions of either entering or trying to win a race but I did ride a couple of cyclosportifs "le Roger Pingeon" near Montpellier 87 kms with a 700 m col and the "Clarac" at Auch 147 kms very undulating and finished both around about the middle and really enjoyed them and am looking forward to the next one but first I'm off on holiday to Costa Rica for 2 weeks without the bike.
Congratulations on your win in Sigean keep up the good work:)
hi there, :):)thanks, did think i would never win one again, but there you go, hey have a great time in CR, beware of the cliff top anglers?????????? bon courage.:cool::cool:

Jean Dubois said:
Hi Jan, I met a tall bloke in our bike shop this afternoon having his computer re calibrated from girlie kilometres to big girls blouse kilometres. Why he couldn't do it himself, god only knows (Beachboys - 1960's). Strike any chords?
Anyway I ran your work problem by him and he said that so long as you really are working fulltime, not just pretending, then you have special dispensation to do kilometres and compare them with other peoples miles.
Blow me down with a feather, I'm confused. Last week. I happened to look for a result on the BCF website, and chanced upon your name down the list for this particular event. Can you possibly enlighten me? Are you 56 and came 54th, or are you 54 and came 56th?
Baffled.

bikeriderfrance said:
:):) HI THERE, WELL WAT DU U NOW. FROM A low OF LAST WEEK, I SHOOK MYSELF UP, TOOK NOTE OF LRM AND GUESS WHAT, YES YOU'VE GUESSED, I WON THE VETS RACE.AT SIGEAN.. I TOOK THE BUNCH SPRINT WITH EASE TO TAKE HOME A MAGNUM OF RED WINE, FLOWERS, CUP AND THE BISSUES... SO ITS GETTING BETTER, 3RD A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, NOW A WIN.... TO MORROW IT WILL BE A DIFFERNT KETTLE OF FISH, ITS A OPEN 1/2/3/FFC RACE, WHICH FINISHES AT THE TOP OF A MIGHTY TOUGH CLIMB.. ITS A BIT LIKE A 55 KMS RACE IN HOLMFIRTH, THEN FINISHING AT THE TOP OF HOLME MOSS... BUT THE LAST 500 METERS IS 15%... GOOD FOR TRAINING AND MORAL...:cool::cool::cool::cool: BON COURAGE.. PS THANKS LRM......I DID THINK OF YOU ON THE LAST LAP. HONEST...
Well done BRF, still playing a blinder.

Me again, and I've come w/ good news. I just got a new cannondale cadd 8 today, it really kicks ass. It was 1500$ but much of that was taken off b/c i race w/ the team. I've been doing what my coach tells me and I'm doing well, I pulled off 21 average on a 10mi TT on thursday, my first one. I've got some races coming up soon and I will keep you updated as often a possible. I'm not going to be raceing juniors much this year and I will mostly be doing cat 5s. I'm still having some trouble w/ my server at home and my parents don't think we need a new one, even though the one we have now sucks, so i still can't sign on at home.

Cheers, Ryan :)

ryan_velo. said:
Me again, and I've come w/ good news. I just got a new cannondale cadd 8 today, it really kicks ass. It was 1500$ but much of that was taken off b/c i race w/ the team. I've been doing what my coach tells me and I'm doing well, I pulled off 21 average on a 10mi TT on thursday, my first one. I've got some races coming up soon and I will keep you updated as often a possible. I'm not going to be raceing juniors much this year and I will mostly be doing cat 5s. I'm still having some trouble w/ my server at home and my parents don't think we need a new one, even though the one we have now sucks, so i still can't sign on at home.

hi there wots the problem with the computer, why are
you unable to connect to the net ?????????.. 21mph, er a long way to go yet, but keep it up. bon courage.ps are you a junior or a senior????

ryan_velo. said:

Of course Ryan we can't know what you are doing unless you tell us. I don't think that 21mph is quick at all. I'm sure you were going better than that last season.
Anyway we've got the best coaches on here, for whatever you want to do.
Those American ones just do it out of books.