Xes - Message Board

Interesting viewpoints on the Safespeed site, especially here;

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8925 especially on the last page, where the same learned judge who effectively let P.C. Wilton get away with it, stiffed a cyclist £ 300 for riding on the road when a cycle-path was available.

A large number of cyclists post on this site: worth a good look.
:eek: John:eek:

John Knees said:

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8925 especially on the last page, where the same learned judge who effectively let P.C. Wilton get away with it, stiffed a cyclist £ 300 for riding on the road when a cycle-path was available.

hi there very interesting,, dont here much news like that down here.. it was odds on he would get off.. but there you go... still amazes me how the so called judges can be so out of tune with whats going on in the real world, as seen by the tragic rhyl incident. bon courage.

John Knees said:

The mystifying case of the cyclist who was fined for inconsiderate cycling has generated threads on other cycling forums but not this one.
The "cycle-path" was in fact a shared-use footpath, strewn with dog **** and broken glass. Not an alternative that any cyclist would consider.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there very interesting,, dont here much news like that down here.. it was odds on he would get off.. but there you go... still amazes me how the so called judges can be so out of tune with whats going on in the real world, as seen by the tragic rhyl incident. bon courage.
Well, when some judges give child molesters probation, they can't be expected to adjudicate (sp) a traffic/cycling case properly.

I think the learned judge might benefit from a session with his law-books. The cyclist had a right to use the highway, enshrined in Highways Acts and Town Clauses Acts of the 19th Century, and to my knowledge never revoked, motorways excepted.

Also, how long has "inconsiderate cycling" been on the Statute Book? Is there such an offence? If not, surely the prosecution and judgement must fail.

On a jollier note, fans of Duffieldisms could do worse than to visit the Addiscombe site -

http://www.addiscombe.org/features/duffieldcollection/duffieldfacts.htm

Private Eye should give him a Colemanballs page of his own.

Love to all.

John.

hi there, i remember riding mi trike one year on the I of Man, it was suprise/suprise the trike 25 tt. i was only about 14/15, but i did enjoy the trike.. a higgins ultra light.. well i started on a 1 number, and i front of me was a mr david duffield...on a 0 fast man.. why am i saying this, well i beat him by over 30 secs,,, i won the 1st hcap to boot..i did once ask him if he remembered the I of Man days, but no reply.. bon courage.

Our Over the Hill is the new UCI Masters World Track Champion at 500m TT. He missed the world record by 3/100ths of a sec.
And 2006 was 5th in the same event, not too far behind.
Superb performances from both, so big congrats. are in order. Especially as OTH broke his back at the Olympics some years ago, and has had nothing but trouble with it since.
Next race for OTH is the 500 TTT on Friday I think.
2006 might be in the Kilo, but I'll check it out.

over the hill
FredC said:
Our Over the Hill is the new UCI Masters World Track Champion at 500m TT. He missed the world record by 3/100ths of a sec.
Superb performances from both, so big congrats. are in order. Especially as OTH broke his back at the Olympics some years ago, and has had nothing but trouble with it since.
hi there.. well done. but how many so called world champions have we we at this distance, in fact how many world champions are in the world, must be 10 world champions to each event..road and track.. not convinced..still its only my opinium... bon courage..

bikeriderfrance said:
over the hillhi there.. well done. but how many so called world champions have we we at this distance, in fact how many world champions are in the world, must be 10 world champions to each event..road and track.. not convinced..still its only my opinium... bon courage..
Now be a bit more gracious will you? You grumpy old tyke. This is the UCI world champs, and you get a proper maillot and a gong.

FredC said:
Update.
OTH won another Gold in the 500m team sprint, and 2006, ex World and Olympic Champion got Gold in the Kilo in 1.06.
Bloody good stuff for a pair of 50 year olds. I think that OTH has more gongs than a Russian General.
Now then BRF, hows your season going, you don't seem to have posted up your target/results lately, and we do miss your race reports.

I'm quite often disappointed with the World Championships but not this time the best man won and well deserved it, bravo Mr Bettini
Hey BRF did you ride your worlds; how did it go???

FredC said:
Now be a bit more gracious will you? You grumpy old tyke. This is the UCI world champs, and you get a proper maillot and a gong.
hi there, well i must admit that its run by the UCI, BUT as sed before, it is possible to have a road race/track race with over 15 world champions in it.

where does it end, next we will have under 5/7/9/11/13/15/17/19/ oh we have a bloody under 23. keep counting..

i wonder how many world champions (sic) we will have next year, when the old sods move it to aussie land... will they all go.. hope so, **** what a **** future 45 master world champions all from melbourne.. oh let it rest.

well got in 7 wins this year, 2 gen classement in 2 trypiques, i dept championship, 5th regional champs, 2 TT vets dept/reg champs..
did the marmot in 9.53.mins for 200 kms..

on sunday i am riding a 2 up with mark mackay former brit road chump/star trophy winner, big shot / big time rider.. its only 17kms but i think i may be in trouble here mi mates.

gotanubikelads.. bought a giant monoc C3 carbon frame the other week, bunged all mi trick carbon bits onit, comes in at 6.9 kgs.. must say goes like **** of a shuvelllll ...bike not the bod.

sorry i have not been here for a few weeks,but will let U know how i get on next week.. bon courage.

sorry i have not been here for a few weeks,but will let U know how i get on next week.. bon courage.[/QUOTE]hi looks like the site is now dead.. pity, we had a good little group going on about this an that, plus all the usuall rubish. well i promised to keep you up to date.. did the 2 up CLM with mark makay.. hey rode like a demon, we did 17.5 kms on dodgy back roads, through 3 villages. one climb about 1 kms long at about 7/8% then the last climb up into the final village of about 10%.. time a good 29.10 secs and finished 4 th out of 64 teams.. we smashed the 100 age plus record by minutes.. old M Mak was going very well, but i managed to get to the front quite a few times, and in the end it was about 60/40 in his favour... we both said next year we can win it with a sub 28 min ride.. we will see... thats it for the year roll on march the 4th 2007 first event. bon courage..

bikeriderfrance said:
sorry i have not been here for a few weeks,but will let U know how i get on next week.. bon courage.
hi looks like the site is now dead.. pity, we had a good little group going on about this an that, plus all the usuall rubish.{Quote}

Holiday seasons over, racings just finished, weathers still fantastic and it's time to start posting again.
Where are you Team Bridgewood? (Castles in Mallorca) and so will I be next week. No bike, just squid, chips and snorkelling at Calla Mondrago.
Had a great season in my terms. About 60 events of one sort and another, the odd win, some decent placings, all current incarnation time trial times beaten and what's more, it was great fun.
Well done once again BRF and to all the other scribblers.

Lets get this bunch rolling again. John K, I'm missing your input already!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

YTD: 12500kms :p

Jean D

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

YTD: 12500kms :p

hi there. all finished now..did a good ride with old mark makay.. our time would have won it last year..still thats progress.. great weather here, very hot, been out for every day since i got back from a small holiday in the uk,28th sept.. had a good year 7 wins 10 podiums, 1 div vets champs, 5th regional vets,one marmott.. hey but next year, hear this mi mateys.. i have got it in mi hed to do the 24 hour TT champs event.. i want to doo all the TT distances from 10 to 24hr.. so if you are about the cheshire lanes on the 28th of july next year.. you can give me a cheer, or a stupid one finger.. does'nt matter after about 14/15 hours..nowt much else.. seems that the doping **** buggered up all our season from the tour.. what a mess. where do we go from here.. thats it for now, bon courage.. YTD 11700kms exact.. but with 7 weeks OFF the bike..( 2 hols)....

bikeriderfrance said:
hey but next year, hear this mi mateys.. i have got it in mi hed to do the 24 hour TT champs event.. i want to doo all the TT distances from 10 to 24hr.. so if you are about the cheshire lanes on the 28th of july next year.. you can give me a cheer, or a stupid one finger.. does'nt matter after about 14/15 hours..nowt much else.. seems that the doping **** buggered up all our season from the tour.. what a mess. where do we go from here.. thats it for now, bon courage.. YTD 11700kms exact.. but with 7 weeks OFF the bike..( 2 hols)....
It only feels like a few weeks ago someone on this site didn't know what a 10 was and now we're up to a 24!
Looks like we're in for fun next season! I'll certainly take you on in anything from a 10 to a 50 and possibly the 100. I only ride on J courses so I'll wave as I pass by!
The Mariners are a top TT club around here and are no strangers to national honours in the 24. Not many people crazy enough for that distance. Anyway an application form is yours for the asking.
Will you be around for some real events run by the LVRC or TLI? Tuesday nights at Lower Withington or Oulton Park 'll give you a chance to show us how it's done. Mail me if you want more info, thats assuming that last 200mtrs crash hasn't dented your confidence too much!!;)

Jean D