Xes - Message Board

John Knees has just found his way back here, but I tend not to post as I've nothing worth saying.

I don't even talk to myself any more.

John

Crikey a blast from the past John.

I rarely come in here have a very bad case of not enjoying cycling at the moment well its been a couple of years. long and boring story

I was only reading some things the other day from our dear friend FredC may he rest in peace. I didn't realise that I missed chatting to the old goat so much.

Hope you're doing OK, and enjoy the solo talks.

Hemps x

Well,Well, JK, I had almost forgotten this forum until I received an e-mail telling me that you had made/posted a comment.
After the passing of the old goat FredC it all went quiet, he wasn't exactly a good mate or buddy of mine and not wishing to speak ill of the dead, he was a biit of a bully boy when it came to my interaction on here.
If he had tried that on the road or the pub or even the main street, he would have gotten a fat lip without a second thought from me.
It would appear after he shook off the mortal coil this thread shut down out of respect etc....?
Anyway, water under the bridge, I don't hold grudges and never have, it eats away at the insides and that's counter productive in my book,
He's in a better place, the bike seat doesn't chafe the rear end, the wind is always at ones back and the clouds that hang about the tops of the mountains is all made of cotton candy.
Mt Ventoux is a piece of cake and that only takes a couple of minutes to ride up (note I said "ride up" noy CLIMB).
So when we all fall off the twig it's a whole new adventure and one I'm looking forward to when my time comes to depart..................?
My old Dad passed over in 2001 at age 105 years, so maybe I'll be around for another thirty years or so, whoa............just before the old boy went he said goodbye to me while I held his hand, then he said I'll see you on the other side and just closed his eyes and that was it.
In all his years he was never sick apart from a cold or three and he put that down to riding his bike every day to work and back and continued to ride even after he retired from 55years as a docker in London's East India Docks.
The big question is Why Do We Ride Bikes, well, it's so we can talk to ourselves while feeling the wind through the vents in the crash hat and just so we don't feel too stupid when we're caught doing that, it helps the illusion by wearing an earpiece, others will think we're talking on a mobile or listening to our MP3 Player, Mark Knoffler, Boom Town Rats.................wink wink nudge nudge say no more........?
Keep well...............!

I didn't realize Pete had passed on. I remember in a pm he noted he would never meet me for a drink. I imagine he had been ill.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

I didn't realize Pete had passed on. I remember in a pm he noted he would never meet me for a drink. I imagine he had been ill.
Died a few years back, JH.

Too bad, I guess it wasn't discussed or maybe I wasn't paying attention. I may have been one of the few that actually liked his participation on the forum. He always wanted to visit my area of the world but told me it would never happen.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

Too bad, I guess it wasn't discussed or maybe I wasn't paying attention. I may have been one of the few that actually liked his participation on the forum. He always wanted to visit my area of the world but told me it would never happen.

Yeah, he was an interesting character alright.

He had coronary problems, basically his system was kaput and he spent his days posting on the internet.

I am happy to be able to do that as well as other interests..............for some time to come I hope.

If this is a day to remember old friends then here's another who's contributions made for much lively debate as well as containing much bike-related wisdom.

Hey Lim, i just heard the ES message boards are back online...does this mean this thread is now dead in the water? I think they were just waiting for Greg Lemond for fu*k off before they started it up again. Hes such a ****.