Will it work? I vaguely recall some sort of incompatability between
Shimano road and mtn components. Or is the incompatability road STI
with Mtn derailleurs?
Thanks
CC
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Will it work? I vaguely recall some sort of incompatability between
Shimano road and mtn components. Or is the incompatability road STI
with Mtn derailleurs?
Thanks
CC
Quoted message said:Will it work? I vaguely recall some sort of incompatability between
Shimano road and mtn components. Or is the incompatability road STI
with Mtn derailleurs?Thanks
CC
Just the front derailleurs are incompatible. The rears derailleurs are
compatible. Friction/trimmable ie Campy will work with anything.
--
Phil
Quoted message said:Will it work? I vaguely recall some sort of incompatability between
Shimano road and mtn components. Or is the incompatability road STI
with Mtn derailleurs?Thanks
CC
Sheldon Brown sees all, knows all, tells all:
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/derailers-front.html
Jeff
Quoted message said:Will it work? I vaguely recall some sort of incompatability between
Shimano road and mtn components. Or is the incompatability road STI
with Mtn derailleurs?Thanks
CC
MTB and road FD shifters and FDs do not talk to each other. Look for an
old school FD, with a larger/longer cage.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.