XT 9 speed Shifter Operating Ultegra Triple Front Der.

Will it work? I vaguely recall some sort of incompatability between
Shimano road and mtn components. Or is the incompatability road STI
with Mtn derailleurs?

Thanks

CC

[email protected] wrote:
> Will it work? I vaguely recall some sort of incompatability between
> Shimano road and mtn components. Or is the incompatability road STI
> with Mtn derailleurs?
>
> Thanks
>
> CC

Just the front derailleurs are incompatible. The rears derailleurs are
compatible. Friction/trimmable ie Campy will work with anything.
--
Phil

[email protected] wrote:
> Will it work? I vaguely recall some sort of incompatability between
> Shimano road and mtn components. Or is the incompatability road STI
> with Mtn derailleurs?
>
> Thanks
>
> CC

MTB and road FD shifters and FDs do not talk to each other. Look for an
old school FD, with a larger/longer cage.