XTC 2003 hardtail

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Skyjumper, Feb 2, 2003.

  1. Skyjumper

    Skyjumper Guest

    Anyone got some input on the 2003 XTC hardtail frame? LBS recommends it, and I am probably going
    to order one this week. Great price at $350 including headset... great weight at under 3.5lb
    including headset. Anybody got any cons to this? I am getting off my I-drive FS bike and going to
    a hardtail. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. David L

    David L Guest

    I have a 02', but haven't had a chance to ride it. the one thing to be careful of is the thinner
    tubes, apparently they dent easier than comparable frames.

    Dave

    "skyjumper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R7h%[email protected]...
    > Anyone got some input on the 2003 XTC hardtail frame? LBS recommends it, and I am probably going
    > to order one this week. Great price at $350 including headset... great weight at under 3.5lb
    > including headset. Anybody got any cons to this? I am getting off my I-drive FS bike and
    going
    > to a hardtail. Thanks

  3. Watimena

    Watimena Guest

    I have an 02 XtC as well, and the tubes do dent easily... Don't use tow bar mounted bike carriers,
    the kind you clamp your top tube in. I have a few crush marks on my top tube as a result.... Hasn't
    affected it so far.

    But on the upside it is a pretty light frame, and reasonably strong for 'normal' use....

    I am still a fan.

    Got mine for a steal, about 200 US plus Headset and seat post....

    Jeremy