XTC 2003 hardtail

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Skyjumper, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyjumper

Skyjumper Guest

Anyone got some input on the 2003 XTC hardtail frame? LBS recommends it, and I am probably going
    to order one this week. Great price at $350 including headset... great weight at under 3.5lb
    including headset. Anybody got any cons to this? I am getting off my I-drive FS bike and going to
    a hardtail. Thanks

Tags:

2. David L

David L Guest

I have a 02', but haven't had a chance to ride it. the one thing to be careful of is the thinner
    tubes, apparently they dent easier than comparable frames.

Dave

"skyjumper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R7h%[email protected]...
    > Anyone got some input on the 2003 XTC hardtail frame? LBS recommends it, and I am probably going
    > to order one this week. Great price at $350 including headset... great weight at under 3.5lb
    > including headset. Anybody got any cons to this? I am getting off my I-drive FS bike and
    going
    > to a hardtail. Thanks

3. Watimena

Watimena Guest

I have an 02 XtC as well, and the tubes do dent easily... Don't use tow bar mounted bike carriers,
    the kind you clamp your top tube in. I have a few crush marks on my top tube as a result.... Hasn't
    affected it so far.

But on the upside it is a pretty light frame, and reasonably strong for 'normal' use....

I am still a fan.

Got mine for a steal, about 200 US plus Headset and seat post....

Jeremy

"David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:zxj%[email protected]...
    > I have a 02', but haven't had a chance to ride it. the one thing to be careful of is the thinner
    > tubes, apparently they dent easier than
    comparable
    > frames.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > "skyjumper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R7h%[email protected]...
    > > Anyone got some input on the 2003 XTC hardtail frame? LBS recommends
    it,
    > > and I am probably going to order one this week. Great price at $350 including headset... great
    > > weight at under 3.5lb including headset. Anybody got any cons to this? I am getting off my
    > > I-drive FS bike and
    > going
    > > to a hardtail. Thanks
    > >
    >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.