XTC 2003 hardtail

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skyjumper

Anyone got some input on the 2003 XTC hardtail frame? LBS recommends it, and I am probably going
to order one this week. Great price at $350 including headset... great weight at under 3.5lb
including headset. Anybody got any cons to this? I am getting off my I-drive FS bike and going to
a hardtail. Thanks

I have a 02', but haven't had a chance to ride it. the one thing to be careful of is the thinner
tubes, apparently they dent easier than comparable frames.

Dave

"skyjumper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R7h%9.140315$AV4.3951@sccrnsc01...
> Anyone got some input on the 2003 XTC hardtail frame? LBS recommends it, and I am probably going
> to order one this week. Great price at $350 including headset... great weight at under 3.5lb
> including headset. Anybody got any cons to this? I am getting off my I-drive FS bike and
going
> to a hardtail. Thanks

I have an 02 XtC as well, and the tubes do dent easily... Don't use tow bar mounted bike carriers,
the kind you clamp your top tube in. I have a few crush marks on my top tube as a result.... Hasn't
affected it so far.

But on the upside it is a pretty light frame, and reasonably strong for 'normal' use....

I am still a fan.

Got mine for a steal, about 200 US plus Headset and seat post....

Jeremy

"David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:zxj%[email protected]...
> I have a 02', but haven't had a chance to ride it. the one thing to be careful of is the thinner
> tubes, apparently they dent easier than
comparable
> frames.
>
> Dave
>
> "skyjumper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:R7h%9.140315$AV4.3951@sccrnsc01...
> > Anyone got some input on the 2003 XTC hardtail frame? LBS recommends
it,
> > and I am probably going to order one this week. Great price at $350 including headset... great
> > weight at under 3.5lb including headset. Anybody got any cons to this? I am getting off my
> > I-drive FS bike and
> going
> > to a hardtail. Thanks
> >
>

Status
Not open for further replies.