XTC SE2 seatpost question

Squid-In-Traini

Guest
My XTC SE2 has a 27.2 Titec X-Wing in it with a 30.7 (?) shim or something. I hate it so much
because this means I have to keep adjusting it when I'm doing trials/jumping stuff. Now, I think
there are 30.8 seatposts... 0.1mm is quite a big difference, especially in the XTC beercan frame,
but would sanding it down be a viable option?

Note: I really don't remember the exact measurement of the shim diameter... If someone could come up
with an exact measurement, that'd be great. TIA!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

On Tue, 06 May 2003 05:38:22 GMT, "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My XTC SE2 has a 27.2 Titec X-Wing in it with a 30.7 (?) shim or something. I hate it so much
>because this means I have to keep adjusting it when I'm doing trials/jumping stuff. Now, I think
>there are 30.8 seatposts... 0.1mm is quite a big difference, especially in the XTC beercan frame,
>but would sanding it down be a viable option?

Its probably a 30.8 shim. I had a giant with this same shim, and I put a 30.9 post into it and
it fit fine.

> Its probably a 30.8 shim. I had a giant with this same shim, and I put a 30.9 post into it and it
> fit fine.

Interesting - thanks for your input.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training