XTC SE2 seatpost question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Squid-In-Traini, May 5, 2003.

  1. My XTC SE2 has a 27.2 Titec X-Wing in it with a 30.7 (?) shim or something. I hate it so much
    because this means I have to keep adjusting it when I'm doing trials/jumping stuff. Now, I think
    there are 30.8 seatposts... 0.1mm is quite a big difference, especially in the XTC beercan frame,
    but would sanding it down be a viable option?

    Note: I really don't remember the exact measurement of the shim diameter... If someone could come up
    with an exact measurement, that'd be great. TIA!

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Tags:

  2. Gregr

    Gregr Guest

    On Tue, 06 May 2003 05:38:22 GMT, "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My XTC SE2 has a 27.2 Titec X-Wing in it with a 30.7 (?) shim or something. I hate it so much
    >because this means I have to keep adjusting it when I'm doing trials/jumping stuff. Now, I think
    >there are 30.8 seatposts... 0.1mm is quite a big difference, especially in the XTC beercan frame,
    >but would sanding it down be a viable option?

    Its probably a 30.8 shim. I had a giant with this same shim, and I put a 30.9 post into it and
    it fit fine.

  3. > Its probably a 30.8 shim. I had a giant with this same shim, and I put a 30.9 post into it and it
    > fit fine.

    Interesting - thanks for your input.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training