XTR Cable Kit Question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ganz, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. Ganz

    Ganz Guest

    Hello There,

    I purchased an XTR shift and brake cable kit from Ebay (Item 1985267719) and I noticed that the
    shifter housing DID NOT say "XTR" as the brakes did. It indicates "SIS SP" instead when I received
    it in sealed plastic bags with out the box.

    Is "SIS SP" the same or equivalent of "XTR" on the shifter cable housing?

    I would appreciate a confirmation on this matter either way.

    Thanks you for you input :)

    http://ImageDeposit.com/Ad_images/Imagedeposit_dot_com_Big_ID_373__Resize of DSC05467.JPG

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Ganz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello There,
    >
    > I purchased an XTR shift and brake cable kit from Ebay (Item 1985267719) and I noticed that the
    > shifter housing DID NOT say "XTR" as the brakes did. It indicates "SIS SP" instead when I received
    > it in sealed plastic bags with out the box.
    >
    > Is "SIS SP" the same or equivalent of "XTR" on the shifter cable housing?
    >
    > I would appreciate a confirmation on this matter either way.
    >
    > Thanks you for you input :)

    That's what my XTR cables say. The chains don't have "XTR" on them either.
    --
    Slacker

  3. Ganz wrote:

    > Hello There,
    >
    > I purchased an XTR shift and brake cable kit from Ebay (Item 1985267719) and I noticed that the
    > shifter housing DID NOT say "XTR" as the brakes did. It indicates "SIS SP" instead when I received
    > it in sealed plastic bags with out the box.
    >
    > Is "SIS SP" the same or equivalent of "XTR" on the shifter cable housing?
    >
    > I would appreciate a confirmation on this matter either way.
    >
    > Thanks you for you input :)
    >
    > http://ImageDeposit.com/Ad_images/Imagedeposit_dot_com_Big_ID_373__Resize of DSC05467.JPG

    What year XTR are they supposed to be?

    Barry

  4. Ganz

    Ganz Guest

    Not sure about the year, but certainly not 2003 for this was purchased on
    12/2002. (Ebay item 1985267719)

    Thanks Ganz

    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ganz wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello There,
    > >
    > > I purchased an XTR shift and brake cable kit from Ebay (Item 1985267719)
    and
    > > I noticed that the shifter housing DID NOT say "XTR" as the brakes did.
    It
    > > indicates "SIS SP" instead when I received it in sealed plastic bags
    with
    > > out the box.
    > >
    > > Is "SIS SP" the same or equivalent of "XTR" on the shifter cable
    housing?

    > > I would appreciate a confirmation on this matter either way.
    > >
    > > Thanks you for you input :)

    http://ImageDeposit.com/Ad_images/Imagedeposit_dot_com_Big_ID_373__Resize of
    > > DSC05467.JPG
    >
    > What year XTR are they supposed to be?
    >
    > Barry

  5. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    the XTR housing should have black end feurelles and be gray in colour the brake inner will not be
    teflon coated just stainless steel