xtr disc compatibility

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bill Stolte, May 30, 2003.

  1. Bill Stolte

    Bill Stolte Guest

    does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano makes just
    brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,

    bill

    Tags:

  2. Gregr

    Gregr Guest

    On 30 May 2003 14:06:13 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Stolte) wrote:

    >does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano makes just
    >brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,
    >
    >bill

    Thew work with XT levers.

  3. Jim Beam

    Jim Beam Guest

    colorado cyclist do a kit with xt levers/xtr calipers. page 28 of the current catalog.

    jb

    Bill Stolte wrote:
    > does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano makes just
    > brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,
    >
    > bill

  4. bill-<< does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano
    makes just brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,

    Just asked shimano this and XTR levers and calipers are a match. Can use hubs other than shimnano
    but must use a XT rotor tho...

  5. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > bill-<< does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano
    > makes just brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,
    >
    > Just asked shimano this and XTR levers and calipers are a match. Can use
    hubs
    > other than shimnano but must use a XT rotor tho...

    from xtr.shimano.com 's FAQ:

    Is there a separate brake lever if I want to use a different shift lever?

    No, due to the function of the Dual Control lever it would be impossible to separate the
    functions. However, the XTR disc calipers can be used with current XT disc brake levers.

    Jon Bond

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > bill-<< does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with
    other
    > > levers or if shimano makes just brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,
    > >
    > > Just asked shimano this and XTR levers and calipers are a match. Can use
    > hubs
    > > other than shimnano but must use a XT rotor tho...
    > >
    > > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    > > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
    >
    > from xtr.shimano.com 's FAQ:
    >

    > Is there a separate brake lever if I want to use a different shift lever?
    >
    > No, due to the function of the Dual Control lever it would be impossible to separate
    > the functions. However, the XTR disc calipers can
    be
    > used with current XT disc brake levers.
    >

    > Jon Bond

    Oops, sorry, didn't notice that it had an attachment with it. stupid spacer gifs. My bad.

    Jon Bond