xtr disc compatibility

Bill Stolte

Guest
does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano makes just
brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,

bill

On 30 May 2003 14:06:13 -0700, [email protected] (Bill Stolte) wrote:

>does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano makes just
>brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,
>
>bill

Thew work with XT levers.

colorado cyclist do a kit with xt levers/xtr calipers. page 28 of the current catalog.

jb

Bill Stolte wrote:
> does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano makes just
> brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,
>
> bill

bill-<< does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano
makes just brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,

Just asked shimano this and XTR levers and calipers are a match. Can use hubs other than shimnano
but must use a XT rotor tho...

> bill-<< does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with other levers or if shimano
> makes just brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,
>
> Just asked shimano this and XTR levers and calipers are a match. Can use
hubs
> other than shimnano but must use a XT rotor tho...

from xtr.shimano.com 's FAQ:

Is there a separate brake lever if I want to use a different shift lever?

No, due to the function of the Dual Control lever it would be impossible to separate the
functions. However, the XTR disc calipers can be used with current XT disc brake levers.

Jon Bond

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:dscCa.816215$Zo.168688@sccrnsc03...

> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > bill-<< does anyone know if the new xtr disc calipers will work with
other
> > levers or if shimano makes just brake levers and not the shifter/brake levers, thanks,
> >
> > Just asked shimano this and XTR levers and calipers are a match. Can use
> hubs
> > other than shimnano but must use a XT rotor tho...
> >
> > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
>
> from xtr.shimano.com 's FAQ:
>

> Is there a separate brake lever if I want to use a different shift lever?
>
> No, due to the function of the Dual Control lever it would be impossible to separate
> the functions. However, the XTR disc calipers can
be
> used with current XT disc brake levers.
>

> Jon Bond

Oops, sorry, didn't notice that it had an attachment with it. stupid spacer gifs. My bad.

Jon Bond