XTR front hub and radial lacing, breakage?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jim Verheul, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Jim Verheul

    Jim Verheul Guest

    I was about to build up an XTR front hub radially, for my recumbent. 32h 26". I noticed that the
    literature from Shimano says the warranty is voided by this. Has any one ever cracked an XTR
    (HB-M950?) flange by lacing radially?

    Thanks, JV

    Tags:

  2. I have built several radially spoked front wheels for my 'bents.

    If yours is LWB, you will know that there is not much weight on the front wheel.

    Lewis.

    "Jim Verheul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was about to build up an XTR front hub radially, for my recumbent. 32h 26". I noticed that the
    > literature from Shimano says the warranty is voided by this. Has any one ever cracked an XTR
    > (HB-M950?) flange by lacing radially?
    >
    > Thanks, JV

  3. Dianne_1234

    Dianne_1234 Guest

    "Jim Verheul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was about to build up an XTR front hub radially, for my recumbent. 32h 26". I noticed that the
    > literature from Shimano says the warranty is voided by this. Has any one ever cracked an XTR
    > (HB-M950?) flange by lacing radially?
    >
    > Thanks, JV

    I've broken a Dura-Ace "9s" front hub. It was also a 32H, also laced radially. Lasted about
    4000 miles.

  4. Jim-<< I was about to build up an XTR front hub radially, for my recumbent. 32h 26". I noticed that
    the literature from Shimano says the warranty is voided by this. Has any one ever cracked an XTR
    (HB-M950?) flange by lacing radially? >><BR><BR>

    Why chance it? Just lace it 3 cross and not worry about it. What will radial do that 3 cross won't?

  5. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    > Jim-<< I was about to build up an XTR front hub radially, for my
    recumbent. 32h
    > 26". I noticed that the literature from Shimano says the warranty is
    voided
    > by this. Has any one ever cracked an XTR (HB-M950?) flange by lacing radially? >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Why chance it? Just lace it 3 cross and not worry about it. What will
    radial do
    > that 3 cross won't?

    Oh, Peter! You know as well as I do how ego-driven are many road cyclists If not that, they think
    the lighter, shorter spokes will affect their performance.

    --
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]