XTR parts and things like that.

Brad and Julie Vaughn <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Oh yes - if it makes a difference I ride up some hills and down as well,
but
> > not just down (I'm not lazy), and I ride some flat parts when I find
them,
> > but we don't have that many flat parts where I live - like I said, if it helps!
> >

> > Thanks again!
> >

> > Shaun.
>
> Actually according to the MTB magazines that I read religiously, a Chris King headset in a
> colorful anodized purple hue will make your bike steer better, roll faster, ascend like a mountain
> goat, descend like it is on rails, brake more reliably, ride like a full sus. rig and will prevent
> pinch flats and dehydration.
>
> Brad Vaughn I don't have a CK headset but will get one if I choose to challenge Lance in the Tour
> this year.

Purple is all wrong - it would need to be blue. Trust me, I know this to be true.

Shaun aRe

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Actually I believe they would both diffuse out of the tube over time, as they're so much smaller
> >>than nitrogen/oxygen in air. Matt
> >

> > Verbal testicles from you!
> >
> > The gas molecules would need to be smaller than the spaces between the [insert frame material],
> > and that ain't gonna happen.
>
> Frame material? We're talking about inner tubes.

Fair do's! - Someone (here or on RBT mentioned filling the frame with helium as well, with al the
snipping, I'd thought it was in this part of the thread....).

Shaun aRe

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Frame material? We're talking about inner tubes.
> >

> > Fair do's! - Someone (here or on RBT mentioned filling the frame with
helium
> > as well, with al the snipping, I'd thought it was in this part of the thread....).
>
> Keep digging bwoy...

Don't be silly, heheheheheh...........

> The only time helium has been mentioned was when I talked about putting it in the tyres.

And I care if I was wrong or not? Did you search through all the messages, both here and the ones
that were 'un-crossposted' to appear in just RBT as well, just so you could pipe up and say that?
Heheheheheheh - well I never, heheheheheh..........

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>The only time helium has been mentioned was when I talked about putting it in the tyres.
>

> And I care if I was wrong or not?

Probably not, but I like being right ;p

Did you search through all the messages,
> both here and the ones that were 'un-crossposted' to appear in just RBT as well, just so you could
> pipe up and say that? Heheheheheheh - well I never, heheheheheh..........

No, but I have now and you're still wrong... :)

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>The only time helium has been mentioned was when I talked about putting it in the tyres.
> >

> > And I care if I was wrong or not?
>
> Probably not, but I like being right ;p

And I stick to my guns when I am, or could care less if I have a doubt I might not be. You're
just upset because I'm more often right than you are, and you're trying to even up the numbers a
bit. ',;~}~

> Did you search through all the messages,
> > both here and the ones that were 'un-crossposted' to appear in just RBT
as
> > well, just so you could pipe up and say that? Heheheheheheh - well I
never,
> > heheheheheh..........
>
> No, but I have now and you're still wrong... :)

LOL! Now Jon, _that_, is bloody funny.....in a sad sorta way.......heheheheheheh........

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:08:38 +0100, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:

> Hey - I have a Ti steel tube right down the centre of my left femur, from hip to knee. When I try
> to run, I spin in clock-wise circles - don't you _dare_ tell me Ti isn't faster.

Did you cost six million dollars?

Huw "Better than he was before, faster, stronger" Pritchard

Huw Pritchard wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:08:38 +0100, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:
>

>>Hey - I have a Ti steel tube right down the centre of my left femur, from hip to knee. When I try
>>to run, I spin in clock-wise circles - don't you _dare_ tell me Ti isn't faster.
>

> Did you cost six million dollars?
>
> Huw "Better than he was before, faster, stronger" Pritchard

Is that the sound of somebody sucking up I hear..<Chuckle>

I reckon Shaun is more like bleeding action man (GI Joe to you yanks) than the six million
dollar ******..

You know eagle eyes and gripping hands.. <Grin>

Gyp (Who is modeled after the weebles (Defective version that could fall down)).

news:<[email protected]>...
> Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Hi, I have some questions!
> > >
> > > I thought my bike, it was a good bike, better than OK, but it has seemed slow to me compared
> > > to other peoples bikes.
> > >
> > > The parts, they are a mixture - there is some Deore, some Deore LX,
> other
> > > name parts like FSA, Wellgo, Mavic, Outland too.
>
> I swear that about most people......
>
> > So here you go, buddy. This is free:
> >
> > Take a **** before lining up for Pete's sake
>
> On his 'post'? Sure he'd appreciate that, but even with my physical advantages and level of
> accuracy, it's a bit far to stretch it to.........heheheheh.......
>
> > and you'll drop about $200 worth of titanium. Then race and have fun. And if you have to spend
> > money, send it to me, if it makes you feel better. IMNSHO, racing is more about staying focused,
> > not being intimidated and having fun beating your guts out, leaving nothing on the table.
> >
> > Now tell me that you've gotten better (and cheaper) advice than that? I dare ya.
>
> I don't actually want to race, at all, otherwise it'd be great advice ',;~}~
>
> Cheers Mr. B!
>
> I have to go pee now...........
>

> Shaun aRe

I figgerd you were yanking our chains, or shaking the tree to see what idiot might fall out.

But the post reminded me of a very serious whippet of a dewd, a lot like a zealous mormon missionary
with no sense of humor I met at a race in Nevada 3 or 4 years ago. He had a Homegrown hardtail that
he'd shaved down to around 21 lbs, even down to a special light, wind-resistant paint job! I kid you
not. He raced Expert, and I never saw if his single-minded obsession paid off at the podium, but he
sure was a dry boring dweeb to hang with. "Errr, excuse me, your ti bolts are all very fascinating,
but I think I left a roast in the oven..." zip outta there.

That's all, folks.

Paladin

Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > other
> >
> > I swear that about most people......
> >
> > > So here you go, buddy. This is free:
> > >
> > > Take a **** before lining up for Pete's sake
> >
> > On his 'post'? Sure he'd appreciate that, but even with my physical advantages and level of
> > accuracy, it's a bit far to stretch it to.........heheheheh.......
> >
> > > and you'll drop about $200 worth of titanium. Then race and have fun. And if you have to spend
> > > money, send it to me, if it makes you feel better. IMNSHO, racing is more about staying
> > > focused, not being intimidated and having fun beating your guts out, leaving nothing on the
> > > table.
> > >
> > > Now tell me that you've gotten better (and cheaper) advice than that? I dare ya.
> >
> > I don't actually want to race, at all, otherwise it'd be great advice
',;~}~

> > Cheers Mr. B!
> >
> > I have to go pee now...........
> >

> > Shaun aRe
>
> I figgerd you were yanking our chains, or shaking the tree to see what idiot might fall out.

It was a bit of fun, but still, I wanted to make a point while I was at it. ',;~}~

> But the post reminded me of a very serious whippet of a dewd, a lot like a zealous mormon
> missionary with no sense of humor I met at a race in Nevada 3 or 4 years ago. He had a Homegrown
> hardtail that he'd shaved down to around 21 lbs, even down to a special light, wind-resistant
> paint job! I kid you not. He raced Expert, and I never saw if his single-minded obsession paid off
> at the podium, but he sure was a dry boring dweeb to hang with. "Errr, excuse me, your ti bolts
> are all very fascinating, but I think I left a roast in the oven..." zip outta there.
>
> That's all, folks.
>
> Paladin

Heheheh, crazy!

Not much chance of me and my bike ending up that way - last I checked, the BASE hardtail weighed in
at around 36lbs, and that weight keep on creeping up, but then again, my legs keep getting stronger
too, so it's all good ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:08:38 +0100, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:
>
> > Hey - I have a Ti steel tube right down the centre of my left femur,
from
> > hip to knee. When I try to run, I spin in clock-wise circles - don't you _dare_ tell me Ti isn't
> > faster.
>
> Did you cost six million dollars?

Pounds dear boy _pounds_!

> Huw "Better than he was before, faster, stronger" Pritchard

I've always been better than I was before.

Shaun aRe

Gyp <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Huw Pritchard wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:08:38 +0100, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:
> >

> >>Hey - I have a Ti steel tube right down the centre of my left femur,
from
> >>hip to knee. When I try to run, I spin in clock-wise circles - don't you _dare_ tell me Ti isn't
> >>faster.
> >

> > Did you cost six million dollars?
> >
> > Huw "Better than he was before, faster, stronger" Pritchard
>
> Is that the sound of somebody sucking up I hear..<Chuckle>
>
> I reckon Shaun is more like bleeding action man (GI Joe to you yanks) than the six million dollar
> ******..

Yeah - that's me right there.

> You know eagle eyes and gripping hands.. <Grin>
>
> Gyp (Who is modeled after the weebles (Defective version that could fall
down)).

I used to push my weebles over and stick something on the heads to keep them down. I would then
stand back, point at them, and laugh mockingly and cruelly at them until they cried.

Shaun aRe

> My friend, he said that tyres only help you grip when going in a straight line, or when trying to
> get up hills. He said that the 2 sharp edges of
the
> rims actually dig right in to the dirt going round corners and grip really well.

What you need is some sort of retractable paddles. These would protude out of the rim between the
rail bits and give grip on the up and slowing down bits. Some retractor switch could then be thrown
and the retractable paddles could retract for corners.

Another idea is by putting a battery where your headlight is say 165Ahr
(12V) with a switch going to the dynamo.(know where i am going with this? a cunning plan indeed).
Next and the important bit is to swap the positive and negative wire bits over on the battery.
Now when you come to a hill bit. Extend your retractable paddles hit the dynamo switch and
hold on baby, your in for one hell of a ride.

Kent

Kent <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > My friend, he said that tyres only help you grip when going in a
straight
> > line, or when trying to get up hills. He said that the 2 sharp edges of
> the
> > rims actually dig right in to the dirt going round corners and grip
really
> > well.
>
> What you need is some sort of retractable paddles. These would protude out of the rim between the
> rail bits and give grip on the up and slowing down bits. Some retractor switch could then be
> thrown and the retractable
paddles
> could retract for corners.
>
> Another idea is by putting a battery where your headlight is say 165Ahr
> (12V) with a switch going to the dynamo.(know where i am going with this?
> cunning plan indeed). Next and the important bit is to swap the positive
and
> negative wire bits over on the battery. Now when you come to a hill bit. Extend your retractable
> paddles hit the dynamo switch and hold on baby, your in for one hell of a ride.

Both, truly stupid ideas - think boy, THINK!

Shaun aRe - Always thinkin', me.......

> Kent <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >

> > > My friend, he said that tyres only help you grip when going in a
> straight
> > > line, or when trying to get up hills. He said that the 2 sharp edges
of
> > the
> > > rims actually dig right in to the dirt going round corners and grip
> really
> > > well.
> >
> > What you need is some sort of retractable paddles. These would protude
out
> > of the rim between the rail bits and give grip on the up and slowing
down
> > bits. Some retractor switch could then be thrown and the retractable
> paddles
> > could retract for corners.
> >
> > Another idea is by putting a battery where your headlight is say 165Ahr
> > (12V) with a switch going to the dynamo.(know where i am going with
this?
> > cunning plan indeed). Next and the important bit is to swap the positive
> and
> > negative wire bits over on the battery. Now when you come to a hill bit. Extend your retractable
> > paddles hit the dynamo switch and hold on baby, your in for one hell of a ride.
>
> Both, truly stupid ideas - think boy, THINK!
>

> Shaun aRe - Always thinkin', me.......

I dunno.Sounded good to me. Everytime he mentioned 'paddles' I kept thinking of those pictures of
the Loch Ness monster and fins described as 'paddles'. And then I got thinkin' about attaching a
dynamo and battery to the monster for goin' 'up' the Loch, an' then... maybe it's just the bourbon
i'll shut up now....
--
Westie

Westie <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > straight
> of
> > > the
> > really
> > >
> > > What you need is some sort of retractable paddles. These would protude
> out
> > > of the rim between the rail bits and give grip on the up and slowing
> down
> > > bits. Some retractor switch could then be thrown and the retractable
> > paddles
> > > could retract for corners.
> > >
> > > Another idea is by putting a battery where your headlight is say
165Ahr
> > > (12V) with a switch going to the dynamo.(know where i am going with
> this?
> > > cunning plan indeed). Next and the important bit is to swap the
positive
> > and
> > > negative wire bits over on the battery. Now when you come to a hill bit. Extend your
> > > retractable paddles hit
the
> > > dynamo switch and hold on baby, your in for one hell of a ride.
> >
> > Both, truly stupid ideas - think boy, THINK!
> >

> > Shaun aRe - Always thinkin', me.......
>
> I dunno.Sounded good to me. Everytime he mentioned 'paddles' I kept thinking of those pictures of
> the Loch Ness monster and fins described as 'paddles'. And then I got thinkin' about attaching a
> dynamo and battery
> the monster for goin' 'up' the Loch, an' then... maybe it's just the
bourbon
> i'll shut up now....

Bourbon? Someone mention bourbon?!?!?!?