Xylitol

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Margie, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Margie

    Margie Guest

    Hi,

    I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).

    Is it as safe as everyone claims?

    Has anyone here tried it?

    Tags:

  2. Pete

    Pete Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:48:35 GMT, "Margie" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hi, I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).

    Stupid Cow...........what a daft SPAM line to use.

    >Is it as safe as everyone claims? Has anyone here tried it?

    Diagnosed 20/03/03 Type II D&E + Metformin + Gliclazide
    + Asprin 210lbs at Dx to BMI 166lbs achieved. But now, 4Lbs Fatter!!! To mail: aspen at freeuk.com

  3. Margie

    Margie Guest

    "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:48:35 GMT, "Margie" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).
    >
    > Stupid Cow...........what a daft SPAM line to use.

    Illiterate douchebag........two questions and you understood niether

  4. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Margie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).
    >
    > Is it as safe as everyone claims?
    >
    > Has anyone here tried it?

    Who claims it is safe? And why do you think it wouldn't be safe? I have never heard anything one way
    or the other about it. I do chew gum that has it in there, but haven't used it in any other form.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  5. Margie wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).
    >
    > Is it as safe as everyone claims?
    >
    > Has anyone here tried it?

    Interessting info on sugar substitutes (sugar alcohols and artifical sweeteners):

    http://www.diabeteseducationandresearchcenter.org/info/que5.html

  6. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Margie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...

    > "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:48:35 GMT, "Margie" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi, I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).
    > >
    > > Stupid Cow...........what a daft SPAM line to use.
    > >

    > Illiterate douchebag........two questions and you understood niether

    I think he understood. You see any talk of artificial sweeteners by newbies is suspect. We get
    enough of Mad Betty's wackos posting here. Standard protocol for posting to a newsgroup is to
    introduce yourself and let us know a little about you before posting questions, especially questions
    about "hot button" topics.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  7. Flying Rat

    Flying Rat Guest

    Julie Bove said this...

    > "Margie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:D[email protected]...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).
    > >
    > > Is it as safe as everyone claims?
    > >
    > > Has anyone here tried it?
    >
    > Who claims it is safe? And why do you think it wouldn't be safe? I have never heard anything
    > one way or the other about it. I do chew gum that has it in there, but haven't used it in any
    > other form.

    It's a sugar alcohol used in toothpaste, and sparingly. Rumoured to cause diahorraea in anything but
    small amounts.

    Ratty
    --
    Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

    www.flyingrat.net

  8. Alan

    Alan Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:28:09 -0000, Flying Rat <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

    How do you know they do? Is that the voice of experience?

    Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

  9. Margie <[email protected]> wrote on Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:48:35 GMT:
    > Hi,

    > I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).

    > Is it as safe as everyone claims?

    > Has anyone here tried it?

    Not me. What is Xylitol? How does one pronounce it?

    --
    Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to decode, wherever there is a repeated
    letter (like "aa"), remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

  10. Zoot

    Zoot Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:47:36 +1100, Alan <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:28:09 -0000, Flying Rat <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
    >
    >How do you know they do? Is that the voice of experience?

    I taught ACLS to someone who worked in the prison system and might wind up on an execution team. I
    also had the opportunity to apply for such a position, although I didn't. So, while it's not the
    voice of experience....

    They use off-the-shelf needles, the same ones that are commonly available for medical use.

    Why go through all the trouble of creating non-sterile needles?

    Besides, there have been cases where the IV was started but the execution never occurred and the
    person was eventually found innocent. Had they used a contaminated needle and the person about to be
    executed died from an infected IV site, would that not be homicide?

    Zooty

  11. Alan

    Alan Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:19:47 GMT, zoot <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:47:36 +1100, Alan <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:28:09 -0000, Flying Rat <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
    >>
    >>How do you know they do? Is that the voice of experience?
    >
    >I taught ACLS to someone who worked in the prison system and might wind up on an execution team. I
    >also had the opportunity to apply for such a position, although I didn't. So, while it's not the
    >voice of experience....
    >
    >They use off-the-shelf needles, the same ones that are commonly available for medical use.
    >
    >Why go through all the trouble of creating non-sterile needles?
    >
    >Besides, there have been cases where the IV was started but the execution never occurred and the
    >person was eventually found innocent. Had they used a contaminated needle and the person about to
    >be executed died from an infected IV site, would that not be homicide?
    >
    >Zooty

    Thanks Zooty

    I think I just learnt a lot more than I really needed to know :)

    Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

  12. Pete

    Pete Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Julie Bove said this...
    >> "Margie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:D[email protected]...
    >> > Hi, I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet). Is it
    >> > as safe as everyone claims? Has anyone here tried it?

    >> Who claims it is safe? And why do you think it wouldn't be safe? I have never heard anything
    >> one way or the other about it. I do chew gum that has it in there, but haven't used it in any
    >> other form.

    >It's a sugar alcohol used in toothpaste, and sparingly. Rumoured to cause diahorraea in anything
    >but small amounts. Ratty

    Made form the Birch Tree pronounced zy- lit - ol

    http://www.xylitol.org/ http://www.google.com/groups?as_epq=Xylitol&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&lr=&hl=en http://www.google.com/groups?q=+%22Xylitol%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&start=10&sa=N

    Pete

  13. Pete

    Pete Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:28:09 -0000, Flying Rat <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

    >How do you know they do? Is that the voice of experience? Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.

    Why would they want to?

    Pete

  14. Pete

    Pete Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:49:21 -0500, "Julie Bove"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Margie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:D[email protected]...

    >> > Stupid Cow...........what a daft SPAM line to use.

    >> Illiterate douchebag........two questions and you understood niether

    Illeterate?.........it's NEITHER not niether.........

    >I think he understood. You see any talk of artificial sweeteners by newbies is suspect. We get
    >enough of Mad Betty's wackos posting here. Standard protocol for posting to a newsgroup is to
    >introduce yourself and let us know a little about you before posting questions, especially
    >questions about "hot button" topics.

    Precisely.

    Pete

  15. Zoot

    Zoot Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:53:09 +1100, Alan <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I think I just learnt a lot more than I really needed to know :)

    Y'know, I hear that a lot.

    Zooty

  16. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Margie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).

    Lying spamming shit.

    > Is it as safe as everyone claims?

    YOU try it. If it kills you, be sure to let us know, so we can hold a party.

    > Has anyone here tried it?

  17. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Alan Mackenzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Margie <[email protected]> wrote on Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:48:35 GMT:
    > > Hi,
    >
    > > I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).
    >
    > > Is it as safe as everyone claims?
    >
    > > Has anyone here tried it?
    >
    > Not me. What is Xylitol? How does one pronounce it?

    Es pee hey em :)

    Beav

  18. Rb

    Rb Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:50:42 -0000, "Beav"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Margie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:D[email protected]...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).
    >
    >Lying spamming shit.
    >>
    >> Is it as safe as everyone claims?
    >
    >YOU try it. If it kills you, be sure to let us know, so we can hold a party.
    >>
    >> Has anyone here tried it?

    Beav, looks like you've been taking posting lessons from Ted!

    rb

  19. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

  20. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "RB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:50:42 -0000, "Beav" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Margie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:D[email protected]...
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I've been searching the web and haven't found any detrimental info on Xylitol(yet).
    > >
    > >Lying spamming shit.
    > >>
    > >> Is it as safe as everyone claims?
    > >
    > >YOU try it. If it kills you, be sure to let us know, so we can hold a
    party.

    > >> Has anyone here tried it?
    > >

    > Beav, looks like you've been taking posting lessons from Ted!

    Ted's just a learner :)))

    Beav