Ya better shop around... if you want the new Dura Ace.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by lokstah, Feb 10, 2004.

1. lokstah

lokstah New Member

What's the best price anyone's found for the new Dura Ace group? Gearlink has it for $1,200 USD, which is the best that I've seen; QBP (the primary shop distributor in the States) is horrifically backordered... they're fearing up to a 7 month delay on certain parts, including the shifters and chain.

If I want to get rolling this month, I may need to purchase through... er... usual channels. Among shops that carry the stuff, the price range is tremendous. Who's found the best deal?

Tags:

2. JohnO

JohnO New Member

cbike.com lists the 2004 DA 7800 10spd group for $1389, minus hubs and headset. They indicate that these are in stock. DA 9 spd is $769, not a bad price.

They also show Campy Record 10spd group minus hubs and headset for $1279... or $1750 if you want the *sigh* carbon crank... anyone care for another pointless Campy/Shimano debate?

I've had good dealings with cbike - bought a 10 spd Chorus group from them two years ago, and a set of Zondas last year. Good prices and prompt delivery on both.

3. drewski

drewski New Member

have you checked w/ http://www.totalcycling.com ? they're in the UK, but shipping rates are reasonable. 660 pounds = $?? exchange rate?

4. lokstah

lokstah New Member

Thanks guys. 660 BP comes to just over $1235 USD, I think -- definitely among the lower prices out there. I'll give cbike.com a hard look too.

5. bigfloppyllama

bigfloppyllama New Member

Well, if you're in the bay area, you might try looking at http://www.chainreaction.com/ . I can't remember their exact price, but I believe it was about $1300 for everything minus the hubs. I was in there about a week ago, and it appeared they still had the group at hand. The phone number is on the site if you feel like giving them a call.

6. The Cheetah

The Cheetah New Member

Yeah go with GearLink.com THey're good.

7. mrowkoob

mrowkoob New Member

lookstah be aware of that there might be a customsfee and tax on that order made from the UK to the US. DonĀ“t know details. But I know that when you buy from the US to the EU you have to pay customs and taxes.