Yakima bike rack

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by The Davidsons, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. Basically is this the only way to haul hitch mounted bikes around? I mean there are other brands but
    come on....

    Tags:

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    The Davidsons wrote:
    > Basically is this the only way to haul hitch mounted bikes around? I mean there are other brands
    > but come on....

    What is it exactly you are trying to say...? Perhaps something like:

    "what brand of hitch racks have people had good experiences with?"

    I've got a Hollywood for a 2" receiver that I've been beating on for years.

    ps

  3. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | The Davidsons wrote:
    | > Basically is this the only way to haul hitch mounted bikes around? I mean there are other brands
    | > but come on....
    |
    | What is it exactly you are trying to say...? Perhaps something like:
    |
    | "what brand of hitch racks have people had good experiences with?"
    |
    | I've got a Hollywood for a 2" receiver that I've been beating on for
    years.

    I sold gazillions of Gräber "Hitchhiker" racks. Simple, inexpensive, tough. IMHO you're paying for
    the name with Yakima. (Roof racks are a whole other ballgame.)

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 1/27/2003

  4. The Davidsons wrote:

    > Basically is this the only way to haul hitch mounted bikes around? I mean there are other brands
    > but come on....

    I have a cheap "Frontier" brand 2" rack that I bought from Performance on close out. It pretty much
    sucks for everyday use, but for carrying 4 bikes on a long trip it works well enough. (I use a roof
    rack for normal use.)