Yakima Roof Rack with Civic 2004 EX Sunroof?

Jon Kyle Pula

Guest
Does anyone have any experience with a yakima roof rack on a
'04 Civic with a sunroof?

I've read that a stretch kit is needed to allow the sunroof
to open correctly with the rack on. Is this true?

We'll only be hauling bikes.

Thanks, Kyle

"jon kyle pula" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any experience with a yakima roof rack on
> a '04 Civic with a sunroof?
>
> I've read that a stretch kit is needed to allow the
> sunroof to open correctly with the rack on. Is this true?
>
> We'll only be hauling bikes.
>
> Thanks, Kyle

Not to sound terse, but email Yakima customer service.
They'll get back to you in 2-3 hours, and no one would know
more about it.

Look, I even found you the addy: [email protected]

Hope it works. FWIW, I've never set up a Yakima rack that
didn't have over 2 inches between roof and rail. I've prob
installed 30-40.

Chris

On Mon, 10 May 2004 23:19:20 -0400, "Chris"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"jon kyle pula" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Does anyone have any experience with a yakima roof rack
>> on a '04 Civic with a sunroof?
>>
>> I've read that a stretch kit is needed to allow the
>> sunroof to open correctly with the rack on. Is this true?
>>
>> We'll only be hauling bikes.
>>
>> Thanks, Kyle

Is the EX the coupe model in the US?

I have the coupe here in Canada with the sunroof, Honda here
calls it the SI here. I went with stretch kit as recommended
by Yakima. I have plenty of room for the sunroof to open. I
can see where the crossbar may interfere with the operation
of the sunroof without the stretch kit.

Mudhead [email protected]

remove HANDCUFFS to reply