Yarra Valley Places to Ride

chch_legend

Feb 13, 2005
I'm heading up to the Healesville area during Queens Birthday weekend and am going to take a bike with me.

Does anyone know of any decent rides, can be either rode or MTB.

Cheers

A nice quick little loop is out the road heading towards Tolangi (St Leonards Rd- opposite Dons Road) , head to Donnelly's weir by turning right into Donnelly's Weir Road, there is a shallow river crossing (or take the footbridge) and double back along the aquaduct to Marrondah Dam , along the Dam Wall back down through the Melbourne water park and climb backup to the Highway back into Healesville. Very quick (about 30min), but there are some options along the way to head into the hills along well defined tracks. Nice little ride I used to do each lunchtime.

chch_legend said:
I'm heading up to the Healesville area during Queens Birthday weekend and am going to take a bike with me.

Does anyone know of any decent rides, can be either rode or MTB.

Cheers

Just found your post so here's a suggestion for next time:

Acheron Way Ride:
Healesville to Woori Yallock-Warburton-Donna Buang Road to Cement Creek-turn right onto gravel road that decends into the Acheron Valley (gravel lasts about 7km). Turn left at Maroondah Highway and return over Black Spur to Healesville - total ride about 90-95km.

Mike