Yawn (e2e)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gonzalez

I planned my Land's End to John O'Groats ride today.

Then I booked train tickets: London to Penzance £31.50; Wick to Inverness £12.50; Inverness to
London £28.00. £72.00 in all doesn't seem too unreasonable. Given that I'm camping, I wonder if I
can do the whole tour for under £250???
--
remove remove to reply

"Gonzalez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I planned my Land's End to John O'Groats ride today.
>
> Then I booked train tickets: London to Penzance £31.50; Wick to Inverness £12.50; Inverness to
> London £28.00. £72.00 in all doesn't seem too unreasonable. Given that I'm camping, I wonder if I
> can do the whole tour for under £250???
> --
> remove remove to reply

Why didn't you get a Wick to London ticket? It might of been cheaper. I thought you could break an
outward journey.

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.495 / Virus Database: 294 - Release Date: 30/06/2003

Stephen Clark wrote:

>Why didn't you get a Wick to London ticket? It might of been cheaper. I thought you could break an
>outward journey.

You don't seem to get the special promotional offers when using two train companies.

The cheapest Wick to London ticket I could find is £78.00.

Plus, if I'm not going to make John O'Groats by 28th, I can wimp out at Inverness. Hell, a train
ticket from Carlisle to Inverness (£42.00) is cheaper than a ticket from Carlisle to London
(£48.00); as long as I make Carlisle, I'm better off continuing to Inverness by train than going
straight back to London.

I'm simply stunned at the excellent value for money of the Inverness to London ticket.

I had planned to drive to Perth, cycle to Dundee, catch the Dundee - Penzance train (£26.00), then
cycle back towards my car. But the whole train solution is much quicker and cheaper. My car is very
economical - especially as I don't drive fast, even so, the fuel costs London - Perth - London would
be, I suspect, in excess of £100.
--
remove remove to reply

Status
Not open for further replies.