YAWN!

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:27:34 -0700, "Rude" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Another boring tour....

It may well be in the end, but there's still plenty of racing left.

MT

"Rude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Another boring tour....

Maybe this is a troll or sarcasm, but the way I see it, anyone who could
watch today's stage and say it was boring must not love cycling the way I
do. I love to watch a master at his craft and we saw that today -- and a
masterful team performance, too. I mean, Hincapie was still with the front
group when many regarded as climbers were already shelled.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

> >Another boring tour....
> >

> It may well be in the end, but there's still plenty of racing left.

The Euros hate roboRider, don't they. The devil stayed home to watch
french soap operas on TV, even Tyler has gone fishing in Wyoming. Myself, I
made the mistake of riding with a solid yellow jersey today, and some Fred
comes up to me and says, "have you been watching the tour de france?" I
lifted my shades up, Julich style, to get a better look at this insect,
lowered them and when the light turned green, took off without saying a
word.

Yeah todays stage was exciting but the GC race is now a big YAWN...I
almost switched off the TV when I saw vino then Jan get shelled. Oh and
did anyone else think LA looked like a tweaker!!!

psycholist wrote:
> "Rude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Another boring tour....
> >

> Maybe this is a troll or sarcasm, but the way I see it, anyone who could
> watch today's stage and say it was boring must not love cycling the way I
> do. I love to watch a master at his craft and we saw that today -- and a
> masterful team performance, too. I mean, Hincapie was still with the front
> group when many regarded as climbers were already shelled.
>
> --
> Bob C.
>
> "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
> T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:51:25 GMT, "Claudius Vitalis"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Another boring tour....
>> >

>> It may well be in the end, but there's still plenty of racing left.
>>

> The Euros hate roboRider, don't they. The devil stayed home to watch
>french soap operas on TV, even Tyler has gone fishing in Wyoming. Myself, I
>made the mistake of riding with a solid yellow jersey today, and some Fred
>comes up to me and says, "have you been watching the tour de france?" I
>lifted my shades up, Julich style, to get a better look at this insect,
>lowered them and when the light turned green, took off without saying a
>word.

So it was you!

Man that's pretty cold. I probably would have said "what's that?" or
something similar and just given them a puzzled look, then a smile.

I can understand why people are a bit fed up with LANCE. I'm not sure
hatred is really what their feeling, more like jealousy - wishing they
had someone as dominant to root for..., well, at least in July.

MT

<[email protected]> wrote:

>The devil stayed home to watch
>french soap operas on TV

Unless there was an impostor, he was there today.

psycholist wrote:
> "Rude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Another boring tour....
> >

> Maybe this is a troll or sarcasm, but the way I see it, anyone who could
> watch today's stage and say it was boring must not love cycling the way I
> do. I love to watch a master at his craft and we saw that today -- and a
> masterful team performance, too. I mean, Hincapie was still with the front
> group when many regarded as climbers were already shelled.
>
> --
> Bob C.
>
> "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
> T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

Hey Bob
Today was an absolute master of his craft stamping his name on his
last great season. Ted Williams had a great season in his last year,
better than the few before, and wanted to make his point which he did,
leaving with a home run in his last at bat.
Lance who's got a ton in common with the Teddy Ballgame looks to be
doing the same thing here. Lance hasn't gone that hard, that early in
years, and he wrecked the "serious" contenders. It's no secret I'm
pulling for Jan and Telekom, but there's no way in hell you can deny
that Lance is one of the all time greats, and will not tolerate even
the idea of that being questioned.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go again this Tour either to REALLY
seal his legacy.
Bill C

wrote:

>Another boring tour....

Sure, who wants to watch bike racing history in the making. We may
never live to see anyone else win 7 TdFs, or is it TsdF.

Claudius Vitalis wrote:
>>>Another boring tour....
>>>

>>It may well be in the end, but there's still plenty of racing left.
>>

> The Euros hate roboRider, don't they. The devil stayed home to watch
> french soap operas on TV, even Tyler has gone fishing in Wyoming. Myself, I
> made the mistake of riding with a solid yellow jersey today, and some Fred
> comes up to me and says, "have you been watching the tour de france?" I
> lifted my shades up, Julich style, to get a better look at this insect,
> lowered them and when the light turned green, took off without saying a
> word.

I gotta say, something worse than Lance-loving is the ******** riders
out on the road who can't muster a response to smalltalk because they're
too busy winning their training race. What's the opposite of a Fred?

Rock on, points leader.

-e

wrote:

>Another boring tour....

CRACK-HEAD!
PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE PIPE!

That's what an awesome stage looks like, no matter who's in it.

Not to mention you are watching something that people will be talking
about for years to come.

JUST SAY NO!

Claudius Vitalis <[email protected]> wrote:

> > >Another boring tour....
> > >

> > It may well be in the end, but there's still plenty of racing left.
> >

> The Euros hate roboRider, don't they. The devil stayed home to watch
> french soap operas on TV, even Tyler has gone fishing in Wyoming. Myself, I
> made the mistake of riding with a solid yellow jersey today, and some Fred
> comes up to me and says, "have you been watching the tour de france?" I
> lifted my shades up, Julich style, to get a better look at this insect,
> lowered them and when the light turned green, took off without saying a
> word.

Why in such rush Freddy? Mickey D's is open late; your Big Mac will
still be waiting.

Bill C wrote:
> It's no secret I'm
> pulling for Jan and Telekom, but there's no way in hell you can deny
> that Lance is one of the all time greats, and will not tolerate even
> the idea of that being questioned.
> I wouldn't be surprised to see him go again this Tour either to REALLY
> seal his legacy.

He wants to go out on top. If he won by a small margin, he's still on
top, but people might say, he just knew when to quit, he wasn't the
same, etc. If he beats the living **** out of the everyone in his last
Tour and leaves, people would be saying, oh sure he probably would have
won another one or two, he just wanted to spend more time with his
kids. The legend grows. Who wouldn't want that?

Bill C says...

> Today was an absolute master of his craft stamping his name on his
>last great season.

Well said. After all he's done, they still make him pay dues. Fair enough.

> I wouldn't be surprised to see him go again this Tour either to REALLY
>seal his legacy.

I think he'll have to if he wants yellow in Paris. Plenty of suffering left to
do and I suspect a few surprises still left along the way.

"Claudius Vitalis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> >Another boring tour....
>> >

>> It may well be in the end, but there's still plenty of racing left.
>>

> The Euros hate roboRider, don't they. The devil stayed home to watch
> french soap operas on TV, even Tyler has gone fishing in Wyoming. Myself,
> made the mistake of riding with a solid yellow jersey today, and some Fred
> comes up to me and says, "have you been watching the tour de france?" I
> lifted my shades up, Julich style, to get a better look at this insect,
> lowered them and when the light turned green, took off without saying a
> word.

That's a lie! Booby would not behave in such a pretentious manner!

In article <[email protected]>,
"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Rude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Another boring tour....
> >

> Maybe this is a troll or sarcasm, but the way I see it, anyone who could
> watch today's stage and say it was boring must not love cycling the way I
> do. I love to watch a master at his craft and we saw that today -- and a
> masterful team performance, too. I mean, Hincapie was still with the front
> group when many regarded as climbers were already shelled.

And it's not like team Discovery took the week off then finally
punched in today. They worked hard on the flats.

--
Michael Press

Claudius Vitalis wrote:
> Myself, I
> made the mistake of riding with a solid yellow jersey today, and

some Fred
> comes up to me and says, "have you been watching the tour de

france?" I
> lifted my shades up, Julich style, to get a better look at this

insect,
> lowered them and when the light turned green, took off without

saying a
> word.

I love it when you talk tough...you're giving me a hard-on.

psycholist wrote:
> "Rude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Another boring tour....
>>

> Maybe this is a troll or sarcasm, but the way I see it, anyone who could
> watch today's stage and say it was boring must not love cycling the way I
> do. I love to watch a master at his craft and we saw that today -- and a
> masterful team performance, too. I mean, Hincapie was still with the front
> group when many regarded as climbers were already shelled.

From now on, we see Lance riding defensively.

Well, maybe something like a bunch of spitting German fans will get
Lance hyped about stealing another stage, but I'm afraid we've seen most
of this year's excitement.

(Watching HOW DSC defends is a helluva lot more interesting than, say,
poring over decade's worth of baseball stats. And there are the other
competitions.)

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.