Yawn...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by wafflycat, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    ....slurp tea.. good grief

    ....it's still dark out there.. woken at 06.00 by the offspring, in plenty of
    time to wake up, consume gallons of tea and get ready to take said offspring
    off to the start of the Sunday club run...

    Cheers, helen s

    Tags:

  2. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    wafflycat wrote:
    > ...slurp tea.. good grief
    >
    > ...it's still dark out there.. woken at 06.00 by the offspring, in
    > plenty of time to wake up, consume gallons of tea and get ready to take
    > said offspring off to the start of the Sunday club run...
    >
    > Cheers, helen s

    if he's up this early, then he should be able to ride ut by himself.

    --
    ..... it's not difficult, it's not exactly rocket salad

  3. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Pete Whelan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > wafflycat wrote:
    >> ...slurp tea.. good grief
    >>
    >> ...it's still dark out there.. woken at 06.00 by the offspring, in plenty
    >> of time to wake up, consume gallons of tea and get ready to take said
    >> offspring off to the start of the Sunday club run...
    >>
    >> Cheers, helen s
    >>

    > if he's up this early, then he should be able to ride ut by himself.

    Yebbut, it's over 20 miles to the start... so I don't really mind taking him
    there. But I may have an afternoon kip to catch up on lost sleep ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  4. John B

    John B Guest

    Pete Whelan wrote:

    > > ...it's still dark out there.. woken at 06.00 by the offspring, in
    > > plenty of time to wake up, consume gallons of tea and get ready to take
    > > said offspring off to the start of the Sunday club run...

    > if he's up this early, then he should be able to ride ut by himself.

    I suspect this might not be by cycling :-(

    Clearly a wimp ;-)

    John B

  5. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Pete Whelan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > wafflycat wrote:
    >> ...slurp tea.. good grief
    >>
    >> ...it's still dark out there.. woken at 06.00 by the offspring, in plenty
    >> of time to wake up, consume gallons of tea and get ready to take said
    >> offspring off to the start of the Sunday club run...
    >>
    >> Cheers, helen s
    >>

    > if he's up this early, then he should be able to ride ut by himself.

    Just got back. With all the rain yesterday, Nathan looks like he's been
    riding the Paris-Roubaix. He is covered in mud from head to foot...

    Cheers, helen s

  6. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    wafflycat wrote:
    > .. woken at 06.00 by the offspring,

    Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of that
    by now.

    --
    Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
    <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>

  7. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > wafflycat wrote:
    >> .. woken at 06.00 by the offspring,

    > Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of that by
    > now.

    Pssht - they get worse and more expensive the older they get.

    Cheers, helen s

  8. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> wafflycat wrote:
    >>> .. woken at 06.00 by the offspring,

    >> Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of that by
    >> now.
    >>

    > Pssht - they get worse and more expensive the older they get.

    Never a truer word spoken in jest!

    Mine are around 40 and they have just stopped being a burden!

    Alan

    > Cheers, helen s

  9. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    wafflycat wrote:

    > "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> wafflycat wrote:
    >>> .. woken at 06.00 by the offspring,

    >> Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of that
    >> by now.
    >>

    > Pssht - they get worse and more expensive the older they get.

    Expensive? Try two at once with no opportunity for hand me downs.
    That's expensive!

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

  10. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > wafflycat wrote:
    >
    >> .. woken at 06.00 by the offspring,

    > Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of that
    > by now.

    what's he like when Santa is about to come?

    --
    ..... it's not difficult, it's not exactly rocket salad

  11. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > wafflycat wrote:
    >

    >> "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of
    >>> that by now.
    >>>

    >> Pssht - they get worse and more expensive the older they get.
    >>

    > Expensive? Try two at once with no opportunity for hand me downs.
    > That's expensive!

    it's really expensive when they grow 6" in leg length one year and have
    bikes for most disciplines of cycling - 7 new frames

    --
    ..... it's not difficult, it's not exactly rocket salad

  12. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Pete Whelan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Danny Colyer wrote:
    >> wafflycat wrote:
    >>
    >>> .. woken at 06.00 by the offspring,

    >> Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of that by
    >> now.
    >>

    > what's he like when Santa is about to come?

    "Can I have a P3 carbon, please?"

    Sez it all, really...

    Cheers, helen s

  13. wafflycat wrote:
    > "Pete Whelan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> wafflycat wrote:
    >>> ...slurp tea.. good grief
    >>>
    >>> ...it's still dark out there.. woken at 06.00 by the offspring, in
    >>> plenty of time to wake up, consume gallons of tea and get ready to
    >>> take said offspring off to the start of the Sunday club run...
    >>>
    >>> Cheers, helen s
    >>>

    >> if he's up this early, then he should be able to ride ut by himself.
    >>

    > Yebbut, it's over 20 miles to the start... so I don't really mind
    > taking him there. But I may have an afternoon kip to catch up on lost
    > sleep ;-)

    Nice warmup for him, surely.
    --
    Ambrose

  14. Pete Whelan wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >> wafflycat wrote:
    >>> "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote

    >>> Pssht - they get worse and more expensive the older they get.
    >>>

    >> Expensive? Try two at once with no opportunity for hand me downs.
    >> That's expensive!
    >>

    > it's really expensive when they grow 6" in leg length one year and
    > have bikes for most disciplines of cycling - 7 new frames

    Can you be my daddy, please.

    --
    Ambrose

  15. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
    > Pete Whelan wrote:
    >
    >> Tony Raven wrote:

    >>> Expensive? Try two at once with no opportunity for hand me downs.
    >>> That's expensive!
    >>>

    >> it's really expensive when they grow 6" in leg length one year and
    >> have bikes for most disciplines of cycling - 7 new frames

    > Can you be my daddy, please.

    only if you keep all the bikes in the family clean and shiny

    (34+ at the last count)

    --
    ..... it's not difficult, it's not exactly rocket salad

  16. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:54:12 +0000, Danny Colyer
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >wafflycat wrote:
    >> .. woken at 06.00 by the offspring,

    >Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of that
    >by now.

    Bitty.

    Tim

  17. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Tim Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:54:12 +0000, Danny Colyer
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>wafflycat wrote:
    >>> .. woken at 06.00 by the offspring,

    >>Blimey, you'd have thought he was old enough to have grown out of that
    >>by now.

    > Bitty.
    >

    > Tim

    Oh most definitely *not*