YAY - Chicago treating criminal bicyclists same as criminal drivers

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 01:40:39 -0400, "David W. Poole, Jr."
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:40:28 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
><[email protected]> was understood to have stated the
>following:
>

>>Sorry, but top-posted .signatures are an instant trip into my
>>killfile. You have Baxter to thank for that. ;)

>top posted signatures rule! Makes it easier to quote the worthwhile
>stuff of the person who posted that way.

LOL!!!

<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:40:28 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
><[email protected]> was understood to have stated the
>following:
>

>>Sorry, but top-posted .signatures are an instant trip into my
>>killfile. You have Baxter to thank for that. ;)

>top posted signatures rule! Makes it easier to quote the worthwhile
>stuff of the person who posted that way.

LOL!!!

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:05:36 -0700, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
wrote:

>And although I ride bike,
>I don't wanna get in your way, and I like it when
>you don't get in mine. We can get along quite nicely.
>After all, we're all just human beans. Sometimes we
>do real good, and sometimes we have brain-farts and
>we unintentionally screw up. Forgiveness &
>understanding works good. I dunno. I've seen a lot
>of rotten behaviours from people on bikes, and people
>in cars. But I've seen a lot of of nice behaviours
>from people, too. There /is/ hope for humanity :)

(Uh, do you realize you're cross-posting to about 5 other groups, Tom? Just
wondered ...)

Anyway...I was riding some suburban back roads on Sunday and came up over a
rise leading to a nice downhill to a four-way stop. In front of me was
another hill that went up to a dead end.

At the four-way stop you can only get a bird's-eye view of the run-up to
the other roads from where I was - I could see for several hundred yards on
all three roads.

So I decide, since it's near the end of my ride to just accelerate down
this hill and up the other one, kind of give myself a whoop-de-doo. Mind
you it was a Sunday afternoon and nobody was in sight except this guy
behind me a few dozen yards.

What does he do? He leans on the horn as I zoom through my stopsign and I
look in the mirror, wondering what the problem was. Well he gets down to
the four-way and he runs the stop himself, turning right.

Maybe he was celebrating with me, but I doubt it. What's the big problem -
especially since he ran the sign himself. Sheesh.

jj

wrote:

>And although I ride bike,
>I don't wanna get in your way, and I like it when
>you don't get in mine. We can get along quite nicely.
>After all, we're all just human beans. Sometimes we
>do real good, and sometimes we have brain-farts and
>we unintentionally screw up. Forgiveness &
>understanding works good. I dunno. I've seen a lot
>of rotten behaviours from people on bikes, and people
>in cars. But I've seen a lot of of nice behaviours
>from people, too. There /is/ hope for humanity :)

(Uh, do you realize you're cross-posting to about 5 other groups, Tom? Just
wondered ...)

Anyway...I was riding some suburban back roads on Sunday and came up over a
rise leading to a nice downhill to a four-way stop. In front of me was
another hill that went up to a dead end.

At the four-way stop you can only get a bird's-eye view of the run-up to
the other roads from where I was - I could see for several hundred yards on
all three roads.

So I decide, since it's near the end of my ride to just accelerate down
this hill and up the other one, kind of give myself a whoop-de-doo. Mind
you it was a Sunday afternoon and nobody was in sight except this guy
behind me a few dozen yards.

What does he do? He leans on the horn as I zoom through my stopsign and I
look in the mirror, wondering what the problem was. Well he gets down to
the four-way and he runs the stop himself, turning right.

Maybe he was celebrating with me, but I doubt it. What's the big problem -
especially since he ran the sign himself. Sheesh.

jj

"Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I decry the MFFY attitude. And although I ride bike,
> I don't wanna get in your way, and I like it when
> you don't get in mine. We can get along quite nicely.

I see someone on a bibycle, and I automatically assume (though it may not
actually be true) that the person made a choice to take the bike instead of
driving a car. Which means their decision puts one less car on the road
blocking my way. The cyclist has *already* done me a favor, and starts out
with brownie points in my book.

> After all, we're all just human beans.

Oh no, you have to earn that status with me. We're all just animals until
you show me otherwise. ;]

Bo Raxo

--
Visit my Blog "Conservative Ideals" at:
http://jaredp.blogspot.com/

"Scott en Aztlán" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:28:25 -0700, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
> wrote:
>
>>> Sorry, but top-posted .signatures are an instant trip into my
>>> killfile. You have Baxter to thank for that. ;)

>>"Conservative Ideals" wasn't replying to you,
>>so don't worry about it.

Just to clarify the issue - I use Outlook express - when I reply to a
message it assumes that my reply is going to be above the message that I'm
replying to, and it places the signature at the bottom of where my reply
should be. When I scroll down and intersperse my comments with the original
post my and don't top post my signature is up there all by itself.

Personally I don't see a problem with it and so will not change because some
complete stranger does.

Visit my Blog "Conservative Ideals" at:
http://jaredp.blogspot.com/

"Scott en Aztlán" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:28:25 -0700, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
> wrote:
>
>>> Sorry, but top-posted .signatures are an instant trip into my
>>> killfile. You have Baxter to thank for that. ;)

>>"Conservative Ideals" wasn't replying to you,
>>so don't worry about it.

Just to clarify the issue - I use Outlook express - when I reply to a
message it assumes that my reply is going to be above the message that I'm
replying to, and it places the signature at the bottom of where my reply
should be. When I scroll down and intersperse my comments with the original
post my and don't top post my signature is up there all by itself.

Personally I don't see a problem with it and so will not change because some
complete stranger does.

Visit my Blog "Conservative Ideals" at:
http://jaredp.blogspot.com/

"Scott en Aztlán" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:28:25 -0700, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
> wrote:
>
>>> Sorry, but top-posted .signatures are an instant trip into my
>>> killfile. You have Baxter to thank for that. ;)

>>"Conservative Ideals" wasn't replying to you,
>>so don't worry about it.

Just to clarify the issue - I use Outlook express - when I reply to a
message it assumes that my reply is going to be above the message that I'm
replying to, and it places the signature at the bottom of where my reply
should be. When I scroll down and intersperse my comments with the original
post my and don't top post my signature is up there all by itself.

Personally I don't see a problem with it and so will not change because some
complete stranger does.

Visit my Blog "Conservative Ideals" at:
http://jaredp.blogspot.com/

"Scott en Aztlán" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:28:25 -0700, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
> wrote:
>
>>> Sorry, but top-posted .signatures are an instant trip into my
>>> killfile. You have Baxter to thank for that. ;)

>>"Conservative Ideals" wasn't replying to you,
>>so don't worry about it.

Just to clarify the issue - I use Outlook express - when I reply to a
message it assumes that my reply is going to be above the message that I'm
replying to, and it places the signature at the bottom of where my reply
should be. When I scroll down and intersperse my comments with the original
post my and don't top post my signature is up there all by itself.

Personally I don't see a problem with it and so will not change because some
complete stranger does.

I submit that on or about Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:07:26 -0600, the person
known to the court as "Conservative Ideals"
<[email protected]> made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle) to the
following effect:

>Just to clarify the issue - I use Outlook express - when I reply to a
>message it assumes that my reply is going to be above the message that I'm
>replying to, and it places the signature at the bottom of where my reply
>should be. When I scroll down and intersperse my comments with the original
>post my and don't top post my signature is up there all by itself.
>Personally I don't see a problem with it and so will not change because some
>complete stranger does.

OK, then read the RFCs, noting in particular the meaning of the sigsep
(-- ). It is an actual problem, not just a nitpick.

OE-QuoteFix will sort out this little problem for you at no cost.

As will Forté Free Agent :)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk