Yay first cardio attempt!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Adrian, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, I feel very comfortable in this group!

    Tonight my roomate and I did our first cardio workout, there is a highschool close by so we walked
    over there and jogged a couple laps, followed by a walk around, then 2 more laps. The track path was
    all wet and soggy so we had to jog along the grass on the inside. I was amazed I was able to lead 2
    laps, I've never been a runner, but discoverd tonight that determination is the key. I'll see if I
    can do 3 walk 3 walk tommorow eve, I'd estimate I've got 10lb to drop in the 5 weeks left before my
    better half gets back from a 6 month trip :)

    Thanks guys!

    Tags:

  2. good luck, Lee
    Adrian <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, I feel very comfortable in this
    group!

    > Tonight my roomate and I did our first cardio workout, there is a
    highschool
    > close by so we walked over there and jogged a couple laps, followed by a walk around, then 2 more
    > laps. The track path was all wet and soggy so we had to jog along the grass on the inside. I was
    > amazed I was able to lead
    2
    > laps, I've never been a runner, but discoverd tonight that determination
    is
    > the key. I'll see if I can do 3 walk 3 walk tommorow eve, I'd estimate
    I've
    > got 10lb to drop in the 5 weeks left before my better half gets back from
    > 6 month trip :)
    >
    > Thanks guys!

  3. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Super!

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, I feel very comfortable in this
    group!

    > Tonight my roomate and I did our first cardio workout, there is a
    highschool
    > close by so we walked over there and jogged a couple laps, followed by a walk around, then 2 more
    > laps. The track path was all wet and soggy so we had to jog along the grass on the inside. I was
    > amazed I was able to lead
    2
    > laps, I've never been a runner, but discoverd tonight that determination
    is
    > the key. I'll see if I can do 3 walk 3 walk tommorow eve, I'd estimate
    I've
    > got 10lb to drop in the 5 weeks left before my better half gets back from
    > 6 month trip :)
    >
    > Thanks guys!

  4. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Good job. Just don't over do it at first. You might want to get comfortble with the 2-2 routine
    before adding another lap. Give your body time to adjust.

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, I feel very comfortable in this
    group!

    > Tonight my roomate and I did our first cardio workout, there is a
    highschool
    > close by so we walked over there and jogged a couple laps, followed by a walk around, then 2 more
    > laps. The track path was all wet and soggy so we had to jog along the grass on the inside. I was
    > amazed I was able to lead
    2
    > laps, I've never been a runner, but discoverd tonight that determination
    is
    > the key. I'll see if I can do 3 walk 3 walk tommorow eve, I'd estimate
    I've
    > got 10lb to drop in the 5 weeks left before my better half gets back from
    > 6 month trip :)
    >
    > Thanks guys!

  5. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Not sure if I welcomed you yet, Adrian, but welcome!!! :)

    Sounds like you've got a good routine ready to go. Ah, 6 months eh? What a nice way to welcome your
    better half home. :) Good luck, I'm rootin' for ya!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.2/172

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, I feel very comfortable in this
    group!

    > Tonight my roomate and I did our first cardio workout, there is a
    highschool
    > close by so we walked over there and jogged a couple laps, followed by a walk around, then 2 more
    > laps. The track path was all wet and soggy so we had to jog along the grass on the inside. I was
    > amazed I was able to lead
    2
    > laps, I've never been a runner, but discoverd tonight that determination
    is
    > the key. I'll see if I can do 3 walk 3 walk tommorow eve, I'd estimate
    I've
    > got 10lb to drop in the 5 weeks left before my better half gets back from
    > 6 month trip :)
    >
    > Thanks guys!

  6. Keep up the good work Adrian.
    --
    Brenda
    209/178/150 RafL goal 165

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, I feel very comfortable in this
    group!

    > Tonight my roomate and I did our first cardio workout, there is a
    highschool
    > close by so we walked over there and jogged a couple laps, followed by a walk around, then 2 more
    > laps. The track path was all wet and soggy so we had to jog along the grass on the inside. I was
    > amazed I was able to lead
    2
    > laps, I've never been a runner, but discoverd tonight that determination
    is
    > the key. I'll see if I can do 3 walk 3 walk tommorow eve, I'd estimate
    I've
    > got 10lb to drop in the 5 weeks left before my better half gets back from
    > 6 month trip :)
    >
    > Thanks guys!

  7. Krys

    Krys Guest

    careful - you might be unrecognisable after all that - skinnier and musclier! *grin* six months
    away, to come back and find a completely changed you!

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the warm welcome you guys, I feel very comfortable in this
    group!

    > Tonight my roomate and I did our first cardio workout, there is a
    highschool
    > close by so we walked over there and jogged a couple laps, followed by a walk around, then 2 more
    > laps. The track path was all wet and soggy so we had to jog along the grass on the inside. I was
    > amazed I was able to lead
    2
    > laps, I've never been a runner, but discoverd tonight that determination
    is
    > the key. I'll see if I can do 3 walk 3 walk tommorow eve, I'd estimate
    I've
    > got 10lb to drop in the 5 weeks left before my better half gets back from
    > 6 month trip :)
    >
    > Thanks guys!

  8. Keep this up, and your better half won't recognize you in six months.
    <G>

    Prairie Roots