Yay I Did A Unispin!!

Muniracer

Guest
the title says it all. there really needs to be no response
but i just wanted to tell you all. it was freezing cold so i
was wearing long johns, pants, 661, long sleeve shirt,
sweatshirt, and huge jacket. i was so bulky i was worried i
wouldnt be able to do it. let me backtrack a second. when i
had my 24 i decided i would wait till i got a 20 to even try
a unispin (i actually tried about 3 times on my 24, but i
always chickened out in mid air). i got a 20 for x-mas but i
still had not tried. so i donned my winter clothes and 661s
and was determined not to come in until i got it.

on the first 3 tries i chickened out. i would jump, spin
the uni, and then throw the uni out and land with my feet
far apart so there would be no chance that i would hit
the uni. the next two tries i didnt put my feet in far
enough and thefront foot would hit and the back would
miss. the uni would harmlessly fly out in front. the next
two times i hit the pedals/cranks with both feet but
instantly fell, as i was not on the pedals well enough.
THEN I GOT IT. i landed it, wobbled a bit, then regained
my balance, then dismounted. from there i got it on and
off for maybe 7 tries. at one point i got two in a row
(jump, spin, land, jump, spin land, without dismounting)
so that in total i got 360.

after another few minutes, i got pretty consistent, as long
as the preparations went fine. sometimes i would jump
forward and have to abort. sometimes the tire would catch in
the grass and 180 would be impossible by the time i would
have to land so, again, i would abort. but as long as the
jump and spin was good, i could land it. i ended up having
to go inside because my fingers turned numb and the started
to tingle (its okay, they are better now).

YAY

EDIT: it was a good thing i wore armor, as i hit my shin a
couple times on the way down.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

yeah, its scarier than jump mounting. i learned to jump
mount seat out so i didnt have to worry about the groin.
that way when i did try suicide and jump mount with seat
under i wasnt really scared. plus unispin is scarier since
its not as consistent. i too have landed almost all my jump
mounts but i definitely have fallen more times than
sucessfully landed a unispin.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Strangely enough I pulled of my first unispin yesterday too! I started
by 180 mounting and eventually tried the proper thing and did it after
several attempts where I wussed out! Don't land emeverytime, but I'm
getting there... :)

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Whenever I try a unispin, the seat gets in the way and hits
my legs, so I can't land on the pedals. I can easily spin
the uni 180 degrees, but then I can't land on the pedals.
Any tips? Please?

--
James_Potter - OFFICIAL POSTER #1078

-The last time people listened to a Bush, they wandered the desert for
forty years.-

> * Any tips? Please? *

ahhhhhhh! Search the forums! There has been so many topics
and posts about unispins....

I'm sure there is some good tips if you search --> [image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/newimages2/top_search.gif]

Good luck,

Jess

--
Jester2000 - unicyclejester.com

'[image:
http://jester2000.unicyclist.com/~jester2000/images/jester_trans_green.gif]'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com) '[image:
http://jester2000.unicyclist.com/~jester2000/images/sig_picture.jpg]'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com)
Check out my website: 'Unicycle Jester'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com)
My Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/jess)
Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

fluffinator007 wrote:
> *See, I can do that. But a 180 unispin to getting back on
> pedals. I cannot do, I dont know if I dont get enough
> altitude in my jumping or what but I cannot do it! *

just keep trying. remember, when you go to put your feet
back on the pedals, push them next to the frame. this way,
your feet will land on the cranks and you will stay on. then
adjust your feet abck onto pedals.

--

fluffinator007 wrote:
> *I think I might invest the $39 for some decent leg armor.
> Pedal pins, Ick Owe. Is the sixsixone 4x4 leg armor (the
> cheaper one) good for trials etc. Like is it protective
> enough to handle the pedal pins and occasional scrapes,
> and durable enough to last? *

those are what i have, and they are great! shop around
online, you should be able to find them for $20 somewhere (i
dont remember exactly where). they really save your shins
from looking like they were run over by a lawnmower. i have
had mine for 6-8 months and they are still doing well. the
seams are coming loose but they still work as well as they
did on day one.

what it a unispin? a unispin is where you are standing on
the pedals seat out, then you jump up, off the uni and spin
it under you and land with your feet back on the pedals. so
it is possible to do a 180 degree unispin, 360, 540, etc. im
sure if you check the universe 2 trailer you can see one (i
dont know because i didnt want to watch the trailer so that
everything in the movie would be seen for the first time).
but look in the gallery...

--

Klaas Bil wrote:
> *On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:13:34 -0600, muniracer
> <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >a unispin is where you are standing on the pedals seat
> >out, <snip>
>
> Does it need to be seat out? I can't do unispins so
> who am I to comment, but from vids I seem to remember
> seat in too.
>
> *

if you did it seat it, it would be very hard to prevent the
seat from hitting your legs. it may be possible though. i
just dont recall ever seeing such a thing.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Thanks for that jensonusa.com website. I bought the pads
from there. They were $20, half the price of unicycle.com!
Oh well, jenson doesnt have unicycles so I still love you
unicycle.com. As for unispins, I'll get back to you in a
week when i have pads and then maybe I can add a myself to
the list of people who can.

Muniracer, do you know weetsrweser (AIM name) I think he's
in the hellonwheel gang. I was going to come down to
virginia and unicycle with him and some people a little less
than a month ago but I ended up havin to go get my sister
from college.

--
fluffinator007 - Expert UPD'ist
fluffinator007's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4757

fluffinator007 wrote:
> *
>
> Muniracer, do you know weetsrweser (AIM name) I think he's
> in the hellonwheel gang. I was going to come down to
> virginia and unicycle with him and some people a little
> less than a month ago but I ended up havin to go get my
> sister from college. *

Yep, that's Sam. Most of the gang is in Richmond, while
Frank Brown is in Charlottesville, VA and I am in DC. If you
are going to go ride with them, make sure you tell me so I
can come :). In fact, why not jsut come to DC? :D.