yay, my first crash

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by BimmsAndBices, Nov 28, 2005.

1. BimmsAndBices

BimmsAndBices New Member

Well, since I was a wee lit'l boy anyway. I like to lean over really far in turns (hey, its fun) I guess I leaned too far this time, and I think I may have forgotten to raise the left pedal beacuse it met the ground, rear tire left the ground, and my body met the ground. Most of my weight was on my ungloved hand which slid maybe 6 feet on asphalt. Amazingly, all I got was a scraped knee and a hole in my pants! My hand was a little red and my left bar end got a little chewed, but it turned out pretty good I think. Just picked the bike up, laughed and said "Well, that's the first time I've done that!" to the guy in a neaby truck. I didn't even notice the huge tar mark on my pants until I had entered the grocery store.

Tags:

2. si_keay

si_keay New Member

nice one, I did the same thing a little while ago. On a turn I'm used to and thought I'd go really low.. too low, the bike skidded away from me and I landed on my knee.. for some reason I stuck it out like those motorbike riders do! and paid the price! .. still I was ok after a few days of limping.:D

3. poweredbysweat

poweredbysweat New Member

Never had this problem, but I did wipe out on some ice the other day. I was layered for the cold, so the padding absorbed the fall. Didn't hurt a bit!

4. Future-pro

Future-pro New Member

Lucky my first crash put me in hospital speeding truck narrow country road truck forces me off the road wheel slips on grass verge and my face goes into the headlight of an oncoming car smashed cheekbones nose pushed to one side and jaw broken in several places i was told that i got up straight after the crash but can't remember standing up just finding myself standing and feeling ill.

5. Dieseldan

Dieseldan New Member

From my last crash:

6. poweredbysweat

poweredbysweat New Member

Ouch! You must have been travelling fast. What happened?

7. Dieseldan

Dieseldan New Member

I had a sudden rear flat when coasting through a fast right hand curve. I used that shin as a brake:eek:! Guano happens sometimes. I ran through 24 oz. of silvadine to get that to heal without too many complications. I'm just now can lean into a right without a noticable increase in heartrate.

8. STS901

STS901 New Member

I had a forehead slapping moment like this last March. I had been riding my old mountain bike on a trail that had developed some gumbo mud. I ended up coming out onto a stretch of pavement and I was trying to clear my tires by turning back and forth at speed.
    I was getting a little too into it and took a deep dive to the right and the back tire came out from under me. I felt like a dumb ass picking myself up off of the pavement. I scratched up the right knee and elbow pretty good, but my pride was hurt the most.