Ye gods!

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
Vernon has put a computer on my bike ... now I'll *know* how slow I'm going!

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Cheers, helen s ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

On 20 Apr 2003 11:53:09 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>Vernon has put a computer on my bike ... now I'll *know* how slow I'm going!

Don't worry, you'll soon be going quicker. Cycling computers whisper to you....

"Go a bit faster"

"Go on, pedal harder"

"Only 16mph? You're not trying"

Bloody slave drivers they are.

Bob

>Don't worry, you'll soon be going quicker. Cycling computers whisper to you....

Bu**er that! I like pootling about the lanes :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:
> Vernon has put a computer on my bike ... now I'll *know* how slow I'm going!
>
> AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Don't worry. Once you get more than 20ft from home, the power cord gets pulled out the socket and
the computer stops working ;-) Hope it was a laptop, desktops weigh too much to be carting them
round on your bike.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to
adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George
Bernard Shaw

[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Vernon has put a computer on my bike ... now I'll *know* how slow I'm going!
>
> AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

If I were you I'd immediately take it off again (or ask him to, very sweetly). St. Paul of all
people had something pertinent to say about cycling computers: 'Everything is permitted, but not
everything is helpful.'

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
> Vernon has put a computer on my bike ... now I'll *know* how slow I'm going!

Have a look in the manual, then tell the computer your wheel's slightly bigger than it really is.
That way it'll look like you're going faster. It'll also do good things for your mileage ;-)

Thomas Paine

>If I were you I'd immediately take it off again (or ask him to, very sweetly). St. Paul of all
>people had something pertinent to say about cycling computers: 'Everything is permitted, but not
>everything is helpful.'

Could be right Scott. Thing is he didn't put a computer on his own bike - even though there is one
to go on it. I smell a conspiracy to get me to speed up on the bike. I shall resist. Resistance is
*not* futile!

Cheers, helen s

"We are Borg of Dyslexia. Resistors are fertile - prepare to have your ass laminated"

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

>Have a look in the manual, then tell the computer your wheel's slightly bigger than it really is.
>That way it'll look like you're going faster. It'll also do good things for your mileage ;-)

Danny! You *sweetie* I think you have just explained the benefit of a cycling computer!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
> Vernon has put a computer on my bike ... now I'll *know* how slow I'm going!
>
> AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

If there's a choice (as there is with Cateye Mity 3 for example), make sure it's set on "riding
time" mode (or whatever they call it). Then the time spent stationary will not be factored in. To
all who gaze upon your computer screen, you /will/ have done the distance in a short time at a
decent average speed! Cheating? No, we all do it, don't we? :)

~PB

In message <[email protected]>, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
<[email protected]> writes
>Vernon has put a computer on my bike ... now I'll *know* how slow I'm going!

If it's cordless, try putting a mobile phone near the display and moving it around gently - I got
my son's to register 90mph that way, and it will clock up 30mph indefinately if you find the
right spot.

Graham

> >Have a look in the manual, then tell the computer your wheel's slightly bigger than it really is.
> >That way it'll look like you're going faster. It'll also do good things for your mileage ;-)
>
> Danny! You *sweetie* I think you have just explained the benefit of a
cycling
> computer!
>
> Cheers, helen s

Careful Helen...you may end up arriving before you've left and proving every distance sign on your
route wildly inaccurate ;-) Dave.

> Careful Helen...you may end up arriving before you've left and proving
every
> distance sign on your route wildly inaccurate ;-) Dave.

Well in that case, for Einstein's equations to be true she MUST have been travelling at near the
speed of light :)

Slab fairies can you know!!

Guess what???

I have discovered the joys of a cycle computer and how it can *immediately* improve my cycling
performance! I cycled over to the docs this morning and somehow, on the way there, I pressed the
wrong button/too many buttons/wrong combination of buttons on the cycle computer. As a result,
cycling home I found a stretch of road where, on the way to the docs, on a slightly downhill stretch
I was pootling at 15- 16mph and on the way back, on same stretch of road, now an uphill section, I
was doing 35mph.

Fancy that! I could get used to this!

Cheers, helen s