Yea - daylight savings time!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bb, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Bb

    Bb Guest

    I just realized that daylight savings time starts this Sunday. Another hour for after-work rides!
    (too bad, Arizona)

    Now, if it'd just stop friggin raining...

  2. Combfilter

    Combfilter Guest

    > I just realized that daylight savings time starts this Sunday. Another hour for after-work rides!
    > (too bad, Arizona)
    >
    > Now, if it'd just stop friggin raining...

    haha yea too bad arizona.. and I agree with you about the rain.. Seems like every friday just in
    time for the w.e. it freaking rains.

    btw I just now noticed something about the time change schedule.. I am pretty sure it was drafted by
    a heavy drinker.

    "In the U.S., clocks change at 2 am local time. In Spring, clocks spring forward from
    1:59 am to 3 am; in Fall, clocks fall back from 1:59 am to 1 am. In the EU, clocks change at 1 am
    Universal Time. In Spring, clocks spring forward from 12:59 am to 2 am; in Fall, clocks fall back
    from 1:59 am to 1 am."

    notice that they make sure to get an extra hour of drinking in the fall, and make sure they don't
    lose that hour again in the spring..heheh (given most states last call is at 2am).

  3. Trekkie Dad

    Trekkie Dad Guest

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Trekkie Dad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, BB <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I just realized that daylight savings time starts this Sunday. Another hour for after-work
    > > rides! (too bad, Arizona)
    > >
    > > Now, if it'd just stop friggin raining...
    >
    > Heard while in Arizona: "What need have we for ANOTHER HOUR of daylight?"

    I spent an August in Phoenix once and WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!!!!

    Mike - "but it's a dry heat" my ass!!!!

  5. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > > Heard while in Arizona: "What need have we for ANOTHER HOUR of
    daylight?"

    > I spent an August in Phoenix once and WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!!!!
    >
    > Mike - "but it's a dry heat" my ass!!!!

    It's a dry, wilting, melting, boiling, scalding, energy-sucking heat.

    Down with daylight savings bull$hit!

    -John Morgan "...and here...it...comes...!!"

  6. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Michael Dart wrote:
    > "Trekkie Dad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>In article <[email protected]>, BB <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just realized that daylight savings time starts this Sunday. Another hour for after-work rides!
    >>>(too bad, Arizona)
    >>>
    >>>Now, if it'd just stop friggin raining...
    >>
    >>Heard while in Arizona: "What need have we for ANOTHER HOUR of daylight?"
    >>

    > I spent an August in Phoenix once and WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!!!!
    >
    > Mike - "but it's a dry heat" my ass!!!!

    Yeah, it's a "don't take too deep a breath too fast lest your nosehairs get crispy and burst into
    flames" kind of heat.

    Kathleen Somehow, humid or dry, 105 degrees still feels like 105 to me...

  7. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:31:22 -0700, John Morgan wrote:

    > Down with daylight savings bull$hit!

    I suppose its not so great for summer. I was out there one October and it got dark so stinking
    early that we barely made it off National. Then we rode the race trail (Cactus Cup?) by moonlight
    for an hour.

    In Oregon, daylight savings time means we can get in some pretty good rides on any given day,
    without having to work some odd shift. In mid-summer, it gets dark after 10:00pm, and the temps
    rarely get over 80.

  8. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | > Mike - "but it's a dry heat" my ass!!!!
    | >

    | Yeah, it's a "don't take too deep a breath too fast lest your nosehairs get crispy and burst into
    | flames" kind of heat.
    |
    | Kathleen Somehow, humid or dry, 105 degrees still feels like 105 to me...

    One of the folks in our chat room lives at Luke AFB near Phoenix and we kid her with the "It's a dry
    heat" line.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 3/25/2003

  9. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  10. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >| > Mike - "but it's a dry heat" my ass!!!!

    >| Yeah, it's a "don't take too deep a breath too fast lest your nosehairs get crispy and burst into
    >| flames" kind of heat.
    >|
    >| Kathleen Somehow, humid or dry, 105 degrees still feels like 105 to me...
    >
    >One of the folks in our chat room lives at Luke AFB near Phoenix and we kid her with the "It's a
    >dry heat" line.

    I like to remind people you bake cookies (biscuits to your Yurrupean types) in a "dry heat".

    But it's true - no one here in AZ wants another hour of sun at the end of the day. We do our riding
    in the early morning before it gets hot. So going to DST would give us an hour LESS riding time.

    FWIW, I still get in lots o' roadie miles in the summer. As long as you're moving (the faster the
    better), even 110 degrees isn't really all that bad (and certainly beats getting in a car, where the
    temperatures make a sauna look like a refrigerator). But the thought of scrambling up National in
    that kind of heat is unthinkable. 100's my limit! ;-)

  11. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | >| Yeah, it's a "don't take too deep a breath too fast lest your nosehairs get crispy and burst
    | >| into flames" kind of heat.
    | >|
    | >| Kathleen Somehow, humid or dry, 105 degrees still feels like 105 to me...
    | >
    | >One of the folks in our chat room lives at Luke AFB near Phoenix and we
    kid
    | >her with the "It's a dry heat" line.
    |
    | I like to remind people you bake cookies (biscuits to your Yurrupean types) in a "dry heat".
    |
    | But it's true - no one here in AZ wants another hour of sun at the end of the day. We do our
    | riding in the early morning before it gets hot. So going to DST would give us an hour LESS
    | riding time.
    |
    | FWIW, I still get in lots o' roadie miles in the summer. As long as you're moving (the faster the
    | better), even 110 degrees isn't really all that bad (and certainly beats getting in a car, where
    | the temperatures make a sauna look like a refrigerator). But the thought of scrambling up National
    | in that kind of heat is unthinkable. 100's my limit! ;-)
    |
    | Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

    Why do I feel so jealous and resentful.

    Simon............home of the damp heat, wet heat and generally shite weather.

  12. Superslinky

    Superslinky Guest

    Trekkie Dad said...

    > Heard while in Arizona: "What need have we for ANOTHER HOUR of daylight?"

    Yeah, but what is Indiana's excuse?