Yellow Bike

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rob Rudeski, Jun 5, 2003.

  1. Rob Rudeski

    Rob Rudeski Guest

    Hi All,

    I watched the recumbent issue of Bicycle Journal on OLN this morning. In it, they talked about
    Yellow Bike, an importing company that brings in Optima bents. They were riding on what looked
    like a fantastic trail, and I was hoping to find out what trail that was on their website.
    However, it looks like the Yellow Bike website is no more. Did anyone else see the show, and/or
    know where that trail is?

    --
    Rob Rudeski Trenton, GA RANS V2

    Tags:

  2. "Rob Rudeski" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I watched the recumbent issue of Bicycle Journal on OLN this morning. In it, they talked about
    > Yellow Bike, an importing company that brings in Optima bents. They were riding on what looked
    > like a fantastic trail, and I was hoping to find out what trail that was on their website.
    > However, it looks like the Yellow Bike website is no more. Did anyone else see the show, and/or
    > know where that trail is?

    From a 2001 posting:

    ---
    Then I drove over the Mohawk trail (rt.2) to North Adams to see the Optimas. I must mention the
    Mohawk trail is breathtakingly beautiful and goes from rural to practically primordial before
    reaching the summit overlooking North Adams and the changing colors of fall. There I briefly tested
    the Optima Lynx and tried the trike too. I loved the rigid Euro style seat. The Lynx was a great
    ride, and I am considering it seriously, but want to try a few more models first. Kevin, at
    Yellowbike (Optima) was very helpful. Interestingly the Outdoor Life Network was there shooting a
    program on Yellowbike (and maybe others?) which will supposedly air in the spring. I hope that will
    encourage sales of Optimas and other recumbents. --Andy
    ---

  3. Bob Kauffman

    Bob Kauffman Guest

    I, too, saw that OLN show. The day before "Bicycle Journal" highlighted riding in the Berkshires.
    They used the same recumbent footage at the end of the show. So, I don't know the name of the trail,
    but it is located in western Massachusetts. I'd guess between Williamstown and Pittsfield. The
    Yellow Bikes guy said the trail had only been open two months. Anybody's guess when that footage was
    shot. Nohobikes.com, a touring company located in Northhampton, MA was also featured, but that web
    site is no longer active, either.

    Hope this helps you pinpoint the trail. By the way, their is a trail running from Northampton,
    across the Connecticut River to Amherst, MA.

    RKK