Yes a glorious day

Squashme

Guest
I witnessed an incident that gladdened my heart today. A lollipop man
led a group of children out at a crossing on a very busy road, the cars
stopped, a bicycle stopped, and everyone was OK. Then along sped a
Thatcher's child, (black shades, black shirt, black shorts), and
somehow he managed to pass between the halted cyclist and car and go
through between the now returning lollipop person and the pavement.
However, and this shows how close the cyclist was, the lollipop man
reached out quickly, grabbed the cyclist and pulled him half off his
bike, rather effectively stopping him. The unpleasant cycling-Nazi
squealed "Let go of me!", but the surprisingly agile, older bloke told
him "If you ever do that again, I'll take this bloody pole and wrap it
round your bloody neck!"

I also saw a stretch limo block a crossroads for minutes. Painstakingly
slow turn. I wish that I had cycled up to the driver and asked if they
did a bendy-version, but he had suffered enough.

I watched a woman pedestrian with a mobile phone against her ear, cross
through busy but partly-jammed traffic, and jump in surprise at the
angry horn of a motorist. She seemed to move as if a personal god was
protecting her. Actually, the motorist probably wanted to see how her
buttocks would behave if suddenly startled, and for that I thank him.
Looked even better.

'I'm absolutely top-hole, sir, with a ying and yang and yippiedeedoo.'

Squashme wrote:

> I witnessed an incident that gladdened my heart today. A lollipop man
> led a group of children out at a crossing on a very busy road, the cars
> stopped, a bicycle stopped, and everyone was OK. Then along sped a
> Thatcher's child, (black shades, black shirt, black shorts), and
> somehow he managed to pass between the halted cyclist and car and go
> through between the now returning lollipop person and the pavement.
> However, and this shows how close the cyclist was, the lollipop man
> reached out quickly, grabbed the cyclist and pulled him half off his
> bike, rather effectively stopping him. The unpleasant cycling-Nazi
> squealed "Let go of me!", but the surprisingly agile, older bloke told
> him "If you ever do that again, I'll take this bloody pole and wrap it
> round your bloody neck!"

:)

You get arrogant tossers on bikes as well as in cars.

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> Squashme wrote:
>
> > I witnessed an incident that gladdened my heart today. A lollipop man
> > led a group of children out at a crossing on a very busy road, the cars
> > stopped, a bicycle stopped, and everyone was OK. Then along sped a
> > Thatcher's child, (black shades, black shirt, black shorts), and
> > somehow he managed to pass between the halted cyclist and car and go
> > through between the now returning lollipop person and the pavement.
> > However, and this shows how close the cyclist was, the lollipop man
> > reached out quickly, grabbed the cyclist and pulled him half off his
> > bike, rather effectively stopping him. The unpleasant cycling-Nazi
> > squealed "Let go of me!", but the surprisingly agile, older bloke told
> > him "If you ever do that again, I'll take this bloody pole and wrap it
> > round your bloody neck!"

> :)
>
> You get arrogant tossers on bikes as well as in cars.

I can certainly manage arrogance on my bike, but the other business
would make me wobble and fall off. Anyway I think that you'll find that
it is explicitly, or is it implicitly, not allowed by Highway Code,
Section 1004, subsection ... ?

Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.

In article <[email protected]>,
Squashme ([email protected]) wrote:

> I also saw a stretch limo block a crossroads for minutes. Painstakingly
> slow turn. I wish that I had cycled up to the driver and asked if they
> did a bendy-version, but he had suffered enough.

Trying to escape from the Nut Mines one day last summer, I caught caught
behind a stretched Hummer H2 attempting to extricate itself from Park
Street into Southwark Street. The latter is wide. Very wide, in fact,
yet it still took him about five minutes of shuffling and blocking the
entire street to complete the turn. How he'd ever managed to get it
/into/ the maze of little streets around Borough Market is a mystery
worthy of the attentions of the Great Detective.

Dead pigs make perfect, if heavy, earrings.

Dave Larrington wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Squashme ([email protected]) wrote:
>
> > I also saw a stretch limo block a crossroads for minutes. Painstakingly
> > slow turn. I wish that I had cycled up to the driver and asked if they
> > did a bendy-version, but he had suffered enough.

> Trying to escape from the Nut Mines one day last summer, I caught caught
> behind a stretched Hummer H2 attempting to extricate itself from Park
> Street into Southwark Street. The latter is wide. Very wide, in fact,
> yet it still took him about five minutes of shuffling and blocking the
> entire street to complete the turn. How he'd ever managed to get it
> /into/ the maze of little streets around Borough Market is a mystery
> worthy of the attentions of the Great Detective.

This might have been a solution, hopefully followed by a big ker-plump
of Thames water:-

http://www.jetpix.com/webfiles/army/army20.jpg

In article <[email protected]>,
Squashme ([email protected]) wrote:

> Dave Larrington wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Squashme ([email protected]) wrote:
> >
> > > I also saw a stretch limo block a crossroads for minutes. Painstakingly
> > > slow turn. I wish that I had cycled up to the driver and asked if they
> > > did a bendy-version, but he had suffered enough.

> > Trying to escape from the Nut Mines one day last summer, I caught caught
> > behind a stretched Hummer H2 attempting to extricate itself from Park
> > Street into Southwark Street. The latter is wide. Very wide, in fact,
> > yet it still took him about five minutes of shuffling and blocking the
> > entire street to complete the turn. How he'd ever managed to get it
> > /into/ the maze of little streets around Borough Market is a mystery
> > worthy of the attentions of the Great Detective.
> >

> This might have been a solution, hopefully followed by a big ker-plump
> of Thames water:-
>
> http://www.jetpix.com/webfiles/army/army20.jpg

The junction in question is, alas, under a railway bridge...

Electricity comes from other planets.