yes or no?

helmutRoole2 said:
That question has already been asked.

Question, is my **** as big as I think it is?
Answer - "Yes, but you confused inches with centimetres"

Question - Why do I no longer feel as excited about professional road-racing as I used to back in the 80's, even though there was as much doping back then as there is now?
I could answer that myself, using the word "fart" and "old" in the same sentence, but I'll leave it up to you...

EoinC said:
Answer - "Yes, but you confused inches with centimetres"

Question - Why do I no longer feel as excited about professional road-racing as I used to back in the 80's, even though there was as much doping back then as there is now?
I could answer that myself, using the word "fart" and "old" in the same sentence, but I'll leave it up to you...
its the "been there/done that" which comes with doing something for any length of time. yes, everything fades its lustre.

question: was Lance's winning streak simply a "right man at the right time" situation and thus never will be broken again- timing referring to poor drug tests of the era, extremely efficient and disguised doping and a gifted set of genes to make it all come together.

schmuzzy said:
question: was Lance's winning streak simply a "right man at the right time" situation and thus never will be broken again- timing referring to poor drug tests of the era, extremely efficient and disguised doping and a gifted set of genes to make it all come together.
No. Another patron of the peloton will come along and do something similar. It may not happen for another many years though, so never say never.

Q- Did Mattan deserve the win at Gent-Wevelgem '05? I watched the video replay recently. Not his fault, but...

YMCA said:
No. Another patron of the peloton will come along and do something similar. It may not happen for another many years though, so never say never.

Q- Did Mattan deserve the win at Gent-Wevelgem '05? I watched the video replay recently. Not his fault, but...
Yes. Too difficult to dq him in that situation. For those unaware, here's an excerpt from cyclingnews
"After the race finish Flecha’s Fassa Bortolo team lodged a protest, on the grounds that they felt the race victor had been aided in the closing stages by press motorbikes and neutral support vehicles. Mattan himself insisted that the vehicles were in his way and that he didn’t deliberately draft in his efforts to catch and pass the race leader."

Question: I've heard some coaches say that cycling is a sport in which you don't have to be born with a gift, to be successful. ie. With training and determination, an above average athlete could ride in the ProTour, maybe not as a team captain, but as a domestique. Do you agree?

No, but it depends on what you consider an above average athlete. I would consider any cat 1/2 to be an above-average athlete. But there are plenty of them that "top out" at that level, even though training and racing full-time, and would not be able to compete in the Pro-Tour.

Question: if you had a son who was a gifted rider, would you even want him to try to get into the pro ranks right now?

kennf said:
Question: if you had a son who was a gifted rider, would you even want him to try to get into the pro ranks right now?
Yes, of course I would want my son to join the pro ranks. Send him to a few ethics classes just like a college kid and preach daily the benefits of fair play. Also, I'd have him talk to the every ex-pro now living on daily meds to live a normal life. What's better than being a full time sportsman. Fresh air, naps, competiton.

Question: Should the UCI allow countries outside of Europe to have a Pro-Tour event.

YMCA said:
Yes, of course I would want my son to join the pro ranks. Send him to a few ethics classes just like a college kid and preach daily the benefits of fair play. Also, I'd have him talk to the every ex-pro now living on daily meds to live a normal life. What's better than being a full time sportsman. Fresh air, naps, competiton.

Question: Should the UCI allow countries outside of Europe to have a Pro-Tour event.
Yes. Interesting question...on one hand the growth would bring more sponsorship dollars and public interest, but under the current ProTour (where teams are obliged to attend ProTour events), would this mean that teams with smaller budgets would suffer (because of the cost of transporting the team further)? If there was assistance in this regard (and the schedule was revisited to allow travel time) then I don't see why not.

I'd like to answer "maybe", but this is a "Yes/No" thread, so I'll have to say "Yes".

Question: In the Tour de France, is the Green jersey (points) more prestigious than the Polka Dot Jersey (King of the Mountains)?

Walrus said:
Question: In the Tour de France, is the Green jersey (points) more prestigious than the Polka Dot Jersey (King of the Mountains)?
Absolutely! The polkadot will have at most 2 riders pre-Tour even talking about it. The green will have a number of riders at least contemplating it. Besides, the polkdot is usually wrapped up after a rider heads out in the first two mountain stages to secure enough point, thereby shutting out anyone else from really giving it a go. So, YES the green is more valuable.

Question: Is this thread going to die from lack of exposure?

YMCA said:
Absolutely! The polkadot will have at most 2 riders pre-Tour even talking about it. The green will have a number of riders at least contemplating it. Besides, the polkdot is usually wrapped up after a rider heads out in the first two mountain stages to secure enough point, thereby shutting out anyone else from really giving it a go. So, YES the green is more valuable.

Question: Is this thread going to die from lack of exposure?
No. The "Sticky" ensures that it gets exposure, but it might die from stupid questions :p .

Question: Should there be a Tour de France for tandems? :D

Walrus said:
No. The "Sticky" ensures that it gets exposure, but it might die from stupid questions :p .

Question: Should there be a Tour de France for tandems? :D
Yeas sure why not

Will Robbie Mcewen beat Boonen iforthe green jersey in the tdf this year

Scotttri said:
Yeas sure why not

Will Robbie Mcewen beat Boonen iforthe green jersey in the tdf this year

Will let somebody else answer this because it is a better question than I!
;)

Love Robbie and love Boonens new bike... going to be a great contest...

Back to scheduled programming....

JAPANic said:

Will let somebody else answer this because it is a better question than I!
;)

Love Robbie and love Boonens new bike... going to be a great contest...

Back to scheduled programming....
Yes. Boonen is stronger in the classics than Robbie, especially over cobbles and hilly terrain. But in the bunch sprint at the Tour, Robbie is the man.

Question: If Landis is convicted, and Pereiro is named winner of the 2006 Tour de France...is he a worthy winner considering the peloton "gave" him 30 minutes in stage 13 last year?

As much as i hate to admit it, yes. The peloton did give him 30 minutes, but that's thier problem, and Oscar fought like a champion to retain his time. Remeber, when floyd got dropped, Oscar stayed with the group.

As much as i hate to admit it, yes. The peloton did give him 30 minutes, but that's thier problem, and Oscar fought like a champion to retain his time. Remeber, when floyd got dropped, Oscar stayed with the group.

Of course he deserved it, it was CSC's & T-Mobile's fault (as well as Phonak's) that they didnt chase. He'd finished top 10 twice before, why didnt they see the danger? they could have knocked 5-6 minutes off his lead over the closing 20-25 kilometres, without having to expand much energy, and all Periero would have done would have sneaked into the top 10, and certainly wouldnt have been a contender for the jaune

RHW said:
Of course he deserved it, it was CSC's & T-Mobile's fault (as well as Phonak's) that they didnt chase. He'd finished top 10 twice before, why didnt they see the danger? they could have knocked 5-6 minutes off his lead over the closing 20-25 kilometres, without having to expand much energy, and all Periero would have done would have sneaked into the top 10, and certainly wouldnt have been a contender for the jaune
You guys aren't posting new questions...this thread is not about discussion...it's about yes/no questions.

Lets start back up with a nice and easy one, who has the best chance at the tour de California coming up this year, who is your favorite

I'd say Levi Leipheimer, because now that Discovery has Basso, he hasn't a chance in the world at being the team leader for the Tour. He might not even be put on the Tour team, as Discovery management might want to avoid conflict. As for TdC, I think he's from the area, and that will give him a large incentive to win it. Do you think Alexandre Vinokourov has a chance at winning the 2007 TdF?

Vino said:
I'd say Levi Leipheimer, because now that Discovery has Basso, he hasn't a chance in the world at being the team leader for the Tour. He might not even be put on the Tour team, as Discovery management might want to avoid conflict. As for TdC, I think he's from the area, and that will give him a large incentive to win it. Do you think Alexandre Vinokourov has a chance at winning the 2007 TdF?
Yes, everyone entrant has a chance of winning the TdF ;) . He's clearly one of the favourites, and following his amazing ride in the Vuelta last year, his odds must be shorter than they were previously. I like Vino's attacking style...I think top 5 is a certainty, podium will depend on who else starts and how his team supports him in the mountains.

Question: If you managed a team, would you prefer to have Cunego rather than Valverde?

Not in a million years! True, Cunego won the 2004 Giro, and the maillot blanc at this years Tour. But Valverde is a big favorite to start winning some GTs, especially the Vuelta. And he can also ride classics and one day races. From a management point of view, I'd take Valverde, straight up. Do you think Ullrich will ride the Tour? If so, for what team?