yes or no?

Which blood bank and steroids dealer does the little climber with a sprint abuse?
And how much payola can his team sponsor offer up?

Those are the key issues re: winning any 'made-for-TV-event'.

btw: Why did Valverde NOT switch teams for 2007?

Flyer's.Finale! said:
Which blood bank and steroids dealer does the little climber with a sprint abuse?
And how much payola can his team sponsor offer up?

Those are the key issues re: winning any 'made-for-TV-event'.

btw: Why did Valverde NOT switch teams for 2007?
Hmmm, i'm going to say no.

Okay, yes or no, will Armstrong come out of retirement. There have been rumors.

limerickman said:
No - Eddy Merckx is the greatest cyclist of all time.

My question - are Eddy Merckx bikes too expensively priced?
=========================================================
NO - Fausto Coppi was the greatest cyclist of all time:)

No, helmutRoole2, Lance won't make a comeback. There's no need to mess up the team even more as Discovery is in the middle of a crisis for Le Tour(Levi and Ivan). But perhaps in Tri.......? Can Basso accomplish the Giro Tour double?

Vino said:
Can Basso accomplish the Giro Tour double?
I think he can do it, but I'm not sure he'll get the chance in the next year or 2. Disco might give Levi the helm for the Giro this year? However, Basso might ride super-domestique and "do a Cunego" on Levi.

Question: Is the future of cycling a worldwide circuit, ie. like F1.

I hope so, but probably not. I cna't see people being interested enough to create the crowds needed. The again, The Amgen TdC is a graet succes........ Will Ullrich ride this year and if so, for what team?

Vino said:
Will Ullrich ride this year and if so, for what team?
Yes, I think his DNA sample will clear him. Why would he submit it voluntarily if he knew that it would provide a 100% link to the Puerto investigations. As for which team...probably a continental outfit.

Question: If Tinkoff got a ride in this year's Tour de France, would Hamilton be able to finish in the top 10.

Maybe, if he had a good group of climbing domestiques and if he trains really hard.

Will Alejandro Valverde win the UCI Tour points competition again this year?

Yes Alejandro Valverde will (in my opinion) win again this year...

Will he win the Liège-Bastogne-Liège (2007) just like he won last year?

I'm going to say no, but its not because he couldn't. It's just he will choose not to peak at that time of year. He's nearing his peak and he needs to win some GT's. Will Robbie McEwen win the green jersey?

Vino said:
Will Robbie McEwen win the green jersey?
Yes, if he's healthy. Ale-Jet relies too much on his train, which gets disrupted more often than not. Boonen peaks for the Classics and McEwen has Hushovd covered, as well as the other 2nd tier sprinters like Benati, Eisel, Freire etc etc.

Question: Should the Green Jersey rules be amended to specify that the winner must have won a stage? McEwen (along with others) has suggested this before to prevent riders just gathering intermediate sprint points.

no, because either way, you've got the points. Greg LeMond won the 1990 TdF without winning a stage. Why should the sprinters? Will Rasmussen ever win a GT

Vino said:
no, because either way, you've got the points. Greg LeMond won the 1990 TdF without winning a stage. Why should the sprinters? Will Rasmussen ever win a GT
No. Rasmussen can't make up enough time in the mountains, to cover his TT losses. Besides, he's not got the mentality to stay "on" for three weeks.

Should National Federations randomly drug test any license holder, regardless of category?

YMCA said:
No. Rasmussen can't make up enough time in the mountains, to cover his TT losses. Besides, he's not got the mentality to stay "on" for three weeks.

Should National Federations randomly drug test any license holder, regardless of category?
No, too expensive. Can you imagine the number of appeals?

Is Floyd Landis guilty of doping?

helmutRoole2 said:
Is Floyd Landis guilty of doping?
Not to be a pessimist, but realistically, it could be argued that a large fraction of the pro peloton is involved in some sort of illicit drug use or "doping". I remember an audio interview with Greg Lemond in which he points out the considerable improvements in the performance at the pro level from the mid-eighties to modern day, of which only a very small amount can logically be attributed to gear and training (due to equipment standards imposed by various cycling governing bodies, and natural anatomical abilities). There seem to be so many red flags that point to doping in the sport (puerta, Hamilton, 06 tour, etc.), and not enough evidence to the contrary to convince me that many of the athletes are completely clean.
I guess that's a yes/probably. :(

Do you ever see a GT taking place in N. America?

No, I don't think there would be enough interest. The AMGEN Tour of California is quite popular though, so you never know. Also, I doubt the UCI would like to take their precious ProTour outside of Europe. Who is a better sprinter: Petacchi, Boonen, Hushovd, or McEwen?

I hate to say it, but McEwen is probably the best overall sprinter. Perhaps this year we will also be able to say that Freire is his equal. I feel that McEwen wins all year, in every type of event, and in every situation. He doesn't require a leadout either. Boonen would be my pick, except he only seems to be able to win early and then again very late in the year.

Which American state has the best competitive road scene? (selfish question, coming down to do a Ph.D. in a year or so)

I am not sure at all, as I'm from Canada. California or Georgia have the best UCI Continental sanctioned event. Will Bettini win the UCI World Championships again this year?

Vino said:
Will Bettini win the UCI World Championships again this year?
No. Freire takes 4th.

Is Jan Ullrich's retirement because of burnout?

YMCA said:
Is Jan Ullrich's retirement because of burnout?
I think it's because he doesn't wan to deal with all the rigours of coming back to pro cycling. Will Levi get to ride the Tour?