Yes, rr.b.m. there is a Fabrizio

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karen M.

This deserves a repost with its own header. Happy season, all! --Karen M.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gary:
> > Anybody have a picture of this marvelously-attired dude?

Tom:
> There actually *are* pix out there.
>
> Let me assure you, Fabrizio is real. And I know he'd blow my pins off in any hill climb. There is
> substance behind his style. He just doesn't talk about substance; he prefers to talk about style.
> Let me remind you, sometimes what ppl don't say is more important than what they do say. And
> sometimes, not :)

And now Ryan:

We take pleasure in answering thus prominently the communication above, expressing at the same time
our great gratification that its faithful authors are numbered among the readers of r.b.m:

Gary, your friends are wrong. They have been affected by the scepticism of a sceptical age. They do
not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not written up in VeloNews. All
minds, Gary, wheter they be men's or children's are little. In this great universe of ours Category
V is a mere insect, an ant, in its cycling, as compared with the boundless world about it, as
measured by the riding skills capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Gary, there is a Fabrizio Mazzoleni. He exists as certainly as love and Shimano and brifteurs
exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! How
dreary would the world be if there were no Fabrizio Mazzoleni! It would be as dreary as if there
were no Garys. There would be no Category V-like faith then, no poetry, no Sunday rides to make
tolerable this existence. We should have no cycling, except in sense and sight. The eternal light
with which cycling style fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Fabrizio Mazzoleni! You might as well not believe in hill-climbing wheels! You might
get your papa to hire men to watch in all the bicycle races on the first day of Spring to catch
Fabrizio, but even if you did not see Fabrizio Mazzoleni breaking away, what would that prove?
Nobody sees Fabrizio, but that is no sign that there is no Fabrizio. The most real things in the
world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see the performance difference
ten grams makes? Of course not, but that's no proof that it is not there. Nobody can coceive or
imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in cycling.

You tear apart a bicycle pump and see what makes the air come out, but there is a veil covering the
cycling world which not Jobst Brandt, nor even the united brains of all the mechanical engineers
that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, intervals, style, weight-fixation, can push
aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal riding and racing beyond. Is it all real? Ah,
Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding, excepting steel.

No Fabrizio Mazzoleni! Thank God! He rides, and rides forever. A thousand crits from now, Virginia,
nay, ten times ten thousand Tours from now, he will continue to make style the heart of cycling.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] (trim trailing t), www.sfu.ca/~rcousine

In article <[email protected]>, Spoking
<[email protected]> writes:

> He has a resume posted out there?

Maybe Fabrizio himself can be persuaded to post the more important parts of it here. Or maybe not.
It's up to him.

cheers again, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD

remove NO_SPAM. from address to reply

Mike Kruger wrote:

> "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:rcousine-
>>>
>>> Has anyone else notice that Fab even has the good style to NOT respond
> to
>>> this thread in his honor? What taste the guy has! Or at least APPEARS to have, from this
>>> distance!
>>
>> Well, Fabrizio is like the wind. That's why we love him. Also, Fabs has a job now, so he
>> posts less.
>>
> The possibility exists that Ryan and Fab are both pseudonyms for the same person, which would
> explain a lot.

Nah, Fabs is really Jon Isaacs.

--
Benjamin Lewis

Save gas, don't eat beans.

This statement was incorrectly quoted:
> > > How dreary would the world be if there were no Fabrizio Mazzoleni!

> > Dreary? The world would have one less... bigoted... loudmouth.

In article <[email protected]>, "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:rcousine-
> > >
> > > >> This is really getting silly, how many palmaries do you think he will have in 2003?
> > > >
> > > > Let's see... Tour, Giro, Vuelta Espana, classics, Worlds... depending
> on
> > > > how well he does in the one-day races, about 8i.
> > > >
> > > > Right now, the mathematicians are laughing like crazy,
> > >
> > > Yeah. Right.
> >
> > Joke wasn't complex enough for you? New punchline: 1+8i
> >
> > Thank you! I'm here all week!
>
> There's no rational reason to laugh ;)
>
> Ryan, since you are answering all the tough questions this week: any idea why Oracle Corporation
> calls their major software releases things like "9i" and "11i"? Is this some version of your joke?

You'll have to ask Larry "Big boat" Ellison that one. The i probably stands for the same thing as
the i in iMac, a product shepherded to market by his good friend Steve Jobs.

ObBike: I'm sure Larry and Steve are Campy fans, but Steve's a vegan, and we all know how easy it is
to drop vegans in a sprint.

Bike is in the shop, it's snowing, and I'm doing virtual training now.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] (trim trailing t), www.sfu.ca/~rcousine FREE WINONA!

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>
> Well ol Lance didn't exactly have a stellar year on the bike this year. Look at some of his lame
> results:
>
> Milan-San Remo 44th place
>
> Amstel Gold 4th place - now this is a real easy race around the Maastricht region, so 4th place in
> that one isn't something to brag about, and even Serguei Ivanov placed ahead of him!
>
> Liege - Bastogne - Liege he was dropped at the 244 km mark!
>
> Only one win for the whole month of July !!! Now this looks like a career that has stalled out.
>
> Anyway, I look way better in my team Kelme kit and Rudy Project Tayoos than he does in his team
> USPS kit and Oakley Lance signature M frames.
>
Howcome then they pay him so much money?

No you don't.

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

> "Anyway, I look way better in my team Kelme kit and Rudy Project Tayoos than he does in his team
> USPS kit and Oakley Lance signature M frames.

"Gary Smiley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> No you don't.
>
> Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
>
> > "Anyway, I look way better in my team Kelme kit and Rudy Project Tayoos than he does in his team
> > USPS kit and Oakley Lance signature M frames.
>

The only thing Lance has that I don't is his girly M frames.

At least I had a more consistent season on the bike this year, unlike Lance I just don't show up in
July and flame out after one race.

"Constable of Indefinite Timeframes, Kevan \"Elder G\" Smith" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:40:04 -0800, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> from WAC Bennett Review of
>Arts and Literature wrote:

>>"We would be honoured if you would join us."
>
>I would, except I'm going to drop him like a used towel this year in the King of the Mountain
>competiton in the tour.

Only if you can hold my wheel!

Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 13:04:03 GMT, Mark Hickey <[email protected]> from Habanero Cycles wrote:

>"Constable of Indefinite Timeframes, Kevan \"Elder G\" Smith" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:40:04 -0800, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> from WAC Bennett Review of
>>Arts and Literature wrote:
>
>>>"We would be honoured if you would join us."
>>
>>I would, except I'm going to drop him like a used towel this year in the King of the Mountain
>>competiton in the tour.
>
>Only if you can hold my wheel!

I thought you'll be my gregario. We'll discuss this in camp. You WILL follow the team strategy: you
work for me in the Tour, I work for you in the Vuelta.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Isn't this my STOP?!
4:04:25 PM 9 January 2003

Fabrizio Mazzoleni posted...
>
> "Mike Latondresse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Howcome then they pay him so much money?
>
> In pro cycling it's not always the best rider who gets the biggest pay, Lance just happens to be a
> bit more marketable at the moment.
>
> Take this July 18th for instance, the way I was riding there is no way that Lance would have
> outsprinted me at the finish at La Mongie.
>
> For one thing, I wouldn't have sat on his wheel all the way up the Col du Tourmalet like Beloki
> did on that day. When I was watching the stage unfold that day on OLN I felt it in my legs that I
> would have escaped from the peleton with Jalabert and worked with him over the Aubisque then
> attack and drop him as we crossed the valley d' Arens.
>
>
>
>

Uhoh. "When I was watching . . .I felt in my legs. . ." I see signs of old age memory-brag
creeping about.

--
Spoking <^> _|_

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>
> "Gary Smiley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> No you don't.
>>
>> Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
>>
>> > "Anyway, I look way better in my team Kelme kit and Rudy Project Tayoos than he does in his
>> > team USPS kit and Oakley Lance signature M frames.
>>
>
> The only thing Lance has that I don't is his girly M frames.
>
> At least I had a more consistent season on the bike this year, unlike Lance I just don't show up
> in July and flame out after one race.
>
Well if you are going to carry that forward in to 2003 you had better be well along in your training
right now...you are well along in your training arn't you and not working at some lame job?

Mike Latondresse <[email protected]> wrote:
: ...you are well along in your training arn't you and not working at some lame job?

if he can get a job with that resume, well, colour me impressed. i could definitely use some tips.
fabs, have you been employed long enuf to be re-eligble for unemployment (nay, training assistance)?
--
david reuteler [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.