Yesterday's Observer cartoon

Arthur Clune [email protected] opined the following...
> I have to turn rapidly over the Barefoot Doctor page. It annoys me beyond reason.
> Which is appropiate since there isn't any reason in it...

I once read it out of boredom and found the reference to kidney energy
("Simply massage the kidneys with the fists" - Made me laugh) hilarious.
I was even more surprised to see it crop up again, this time in relation
to a completely different problem.

The problem I have with the Observer is that the newspaper is A.N.Other
Sunday paper, and the "extras" include Life magazine which is generally
tripe from first page to last.

Jon

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:05:11 +0100, Jon Senior
<jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote (more or less):

>Arthur Clune [email protected] opined the following...
>> I have to turn rapidly over the Barefoot Doctor page. It annoys me beyond reason.
>> Which is appropiate since there isn't any reason in it...

>I once read it out of boredom and found the reference to kidney energy
>("Simply massage the kidneys with the fists" - Made me laugh) hilarious.
>I was even more surprised to see it crop up again, this time in relation
>to a completely different problem.
>
>The problem I have with the Observer is that the newspaper is A.N.Other
>Sunday paper, and the "extras" include Life magazine which is generally
>tripe from first page to last.

Because, as with most such Sunday supplements, it's an advertising
income opportunity for them, above all else.

--
Cheers,
Euan

On 28 Jul 2004 02:55:58 -0700 someone who may be [email protected]
(james) wrote this:-

>for those who hate links in newsgroups the cartoon is as follows:
>
>frame 4: sign saying "this is a pavement you know, for walking on",
>subtitle "=go"

This is a pavement you know, a cycle "facility" because of some blue
signs and white paint.

>frame 6: bent cycle and injured cyclist in front of stationary car.
>Drive beside car, cyclist swearing, subtitle: "=decades of
>under-investment in cyclepaths"

That just demonstrates how little the cartoonist knows.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.