Yet Another Biking Massacre!

On Jun 2, 6:52 pm, "rms" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros bike
> tour:
>
> http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/brownsville_27566___article.htm...
>
> rms

Hi.

Another tragedy.

And why does the media always call these bike *TOURS* *RACES*?

I ride a number of organized tours every year. For some reason when
ever they get mentioned in the media, especially in the printed media,
they are referred to as races.

My sympathies and condolences to the families of the victims.

Peter

That is quite possibly one of the most insane pictures I have seen in
a long time. People never cease to amaze me......Prayers to the
families....

On 2008-06-02, rms <[email protected]> wrote:
> Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros bike
> tour:
>
> http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/brownsville_27566___article.html/bike_along.html

Mexican coverage of the aftermath (warning, rather gruesome):

http://www.imparcialmatamoros.com.mx/Policiaca2Galeria.html

--
Mark Shroyer, http://markshroyer.com/contact/
I have joined others in blocking Google Groups due to excessive

Real gringo named "lopez". Kick out the $%#%ing illegals.

On Jun 3, 1:47 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Real gringo named "lopez".  Kick out the $%#%ing illegals.
>
> On Jun 3, 5:35 pm, Werehatrack <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:32:37 -0700 (PDT), [email protected] may have
> > said:

> > >I bet the driver is illegal.  Why cant we get rid of them all?

> > Yeah, looking at the US banana boat he was driving, he probably was a
> > Gringo all right.  Mexico *should* toss all those drunken Norte
> > assholes back over the border.

> > --
> > My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
> > Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature.
> > Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.- Hide quoted text -

Reading comprehension: not so much his strong suit.

Werehatrack wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:14:25 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> may
> have said:
>
>> rms wrote:
>>> Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros
>>> bike tour:
>>>
>>> http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/brownsville_27566___article.html/bike_along.html
>>>
>>> rms

>> Unbelievable pic:
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com:80/nphotos/Ma...a1e5580b3c/;_ylt=AlmilZvCzQclPDZtfYR6GWgDW7oF
>>

> Another photo shows the perp in what I assume was the local lockup,
> and I'd swear he had a cell phone in hand. Any side wagers that he
> was on it at the time of the atrocity?

Unless he was too drunk to use it.

Wish they'd put him /under/ the jail. Literally.

BS (not)

Werehatrack wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:03:06 -0700 (PDT), Hank <[email protected]> may
> have said:
>
>> On Jun 3, 1:47 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>>> Real gringo named "lopez". Kick out the $%#%ing illegals.

>> Reading comprehension: not so much his strong suit.

> Yup. Ctrl-k was made for time like this.

So Little Jimmy Buttpacker {tm} doesn't just hate gays and Blacks? What a
shock.

Bill "avoid the summer rush; plonk him now (like I did long ago)" S.

have said:

>rms wrote:
>> Two dead, several hospitalized after driver careens into Matamoros
>> bike tour:
>>
>> http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/brownsville_27566___article.html/bike_along.html
>>
>> rms

>Unbelievable pic:
>
>http://news.yahoo.com:80/nphotos/Ma...a1e5580b3c/;_ylt=AlmilZvCzQclPDZtfYR6GWgDW7oF

Another photo shows the perp in what I assume was the local lockup,
and I'd swear he had a cell phone in hand. Any side wagers that he
was on it at the time of the atrocity?

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:13:09 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
<[email protected]> may have said:

>And why does the media always call these bike *TOURS* *RACES*?

Limited imagination combined with the fact that some of the
participants treat it like a competition. And, in many cases, the
ex-jock or never-was reporters can't conceive of the idea that getting
there first isn't important to most of the riders, so it *must* be a
race.

Of course, it doesn't help that the foremost acknowledged *race* in
the world is the *TOUR* de France, either.

>I ride a number of organized tours every year. For some reason when
>ever they get mentioned in the media, especially in the printed media,
>they are referred to as races.

Yeah, even the MS150 events often get that treatment.

>My sympathies and condolences to the families of the victims.

I'm always discouraged when I hear of such things. The people who
suffer need more than I can provide; I can't undo what has happened.

Werehatrack wrote:
> Another photo shows the perp in what I assume was the local lockup,
> and I'd swear he had a cell phone in hand. Any side wagers that he
> was on it at the time of the atrocity?

Doesn't matter. He tested positive for drugs and alcohol.

Also notice in the photos of the crash:
1) His brake lights aren't lit
2) The escort police cruiser that is supposed to protecting the cyclists
is off on the left side of the road.

Such a tragedy.

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.

[email protected] wrote:
> Real gringo named "lopez". Kick out the $%#%ing illegals.

You realize that this happened in Mexico, no?

--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.

Why were they taken to hospitals in BROWNSVILLE TX and HARLINGEN
TX!!!!!!!!!!

On Jun 4, 2:58 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Why were they taken to hospitals in BROWNSVILLE TX and HARLINGEN
> TX!!!!!!!!!!
>
> On Jun 4, 12:07 am, "Paul M. Hobson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > Real gringo named "lopez".  Kick out the $%#%ing illegals.

> > You realize that this happened in Mexico, no?

> > --
> > Paul M. Hobson
> > .:change the f to ph to reply:.- Hide quoted text -

Oh, I get it. He wants to kick out the victims who are in the
hospital!

OK, nimrod - THE DRIVER WAS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. THIS HAPPENED ON
MEXICAN SOIL. A border town, which is why they went to the hospital on
the Texas side - it was closest.

Hank wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2:58 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> Why were they taken to hospitals in BROWNSVILLE TX and HARLINGEN
>> TX!!!!!!!!!!

>>> You realize that this happened in Mexico, no?

>>> --
>>> Paul M. Hobson
>>> .:change the f to ph to reply:.- Hide quoted text -

> Oh, I get it. He wants to kick out the victims who are in the
> hospital!
>
> OK, nimrod - THE DRIVER WAS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. THIS HAPPENED ON
> MEXICAN SOIL. A border town, which is why they went to the hospital on
> the Texas side - it was closest.

Buttpacker surpasses his own standard of moronidity! LOL

No just more mexicans treated for free in US hospitals