Yet another cyclist killed by hit and run scumbag (This time in Hull).

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Howard, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Howard

    Howard Guest

    From The Hull Daily Mail 13/01/03

    Of course, in comparison to the Front, 2nd and 3rd page spreads on the disappearance of a Hull
    woman this fatality was deemed significant enough only to appear in the ‘In Brief' column on an
    inside page....

    In Brief. Two men in court after fatal crash.

    West Hull: Two men were due to appear in court today after the death of a cyclist in a car crash.
    Police have renewed their appeal for witnesses to the incident which happened at 4.45pm on Saturday.
    A grey BMW was travelling along Spring bank West behind a red Ford Escort XR3 when the BMW driver
    lost control. The car careered of the carriageway as it passed the BP petrol station, crossed the
    grass verge, rolled and crashed into a wall and a house. During the roll, the car hit a 23 year old
    Hull man on a bicycle, who later died from his injuries. Tony Alan Redfern, 22, of North Road, west
    Hull and Lee Anthony Baker, 25, of Worthing Street, north Hull, were arrested and were due to appear
    before city magistrates today. They were charged with causing death by dangerous driving, failing to
    stop after an accident, failing to report an accident, using a car without insurance and driving
    without a licence. Mr Baker was also charged with permitting the use of a car without insurance and
    obstructing a constable. Anyone who saw the incident should ring (01482) 578600.

    That ‘ll be another £200 fine then... At least the police got of their arses to arrest them, when I
    was run down by a hit and run (and disqualified) driver the police, despite having a number of
    independent witness, didn't even take a statement off the driver, never mind charge them ...

    Regards,

    Howard.

    Tags:

  2. Howard wrote:
    > From The Hull Daily Mail 13/01/03
    >=20
    > Of course, in comparison to the Front, 2nd and 3rd page spreads on the disappearance of a Hull
    > woman this fatality was deemed significant enough only to appear in the =91In Brief' column on an
    > inside page....
    >=20
    > In Brief. Two men in court after fatal crash. During the roll, the car hit a 23 year old Hull man
    > on a bicycle, who later died from his injuries. Tony Alan Redfern, 22, of North Road, west Hull
    > and Lee Anthony Baker, 25, of Worthing Street, north Hull, were arrested and were due to appear
    > before city magistrates today. They were charged with causing death by dangerous driving, failing
    > to stop after an accident, failing to report an accident, using a car without insurance and
    > driving without a licence. Mr Baker was also charged with permitting the use of a car without
    > insurance and obstructing a constable. Anyone who saw the incident should ring (01482) 578600.
    >=20
    > Regards,
    >=20
    > Howard.

    I hope these two charlies have to pick up a lot of soap.

    Although surely the above should read "bike without=20 insurance" as we all know, cars are insured
    by law as the=20 fine agile minds on uk.twatpot keep saying.

    They'll also proably get in more trouble for standing in=20 front of the constable.

    Daniel.

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Howard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > From The Hull Daily Mail 13/01/03
    >
    > Of course, in comparison to the Front, 2nd and 3rd page spreads on the disappearance of a Hull
    > woman this fatality was deemed significant enough only to appear in the 'In Brief' column on an
    > inside page....
    >
    > In Brief. Two men in court after fatal crash.
    >
    > West Hull: Two men were due to appear in court today after the death of a cyclist in a car crash.
    > Police have renewed their appeal for witnesses to the incident which happened at 4.45pm on
    > Saturday. A grey BMW was travelling along Spring bank West behind a red Ford Escort XR3 when the
    > BMW driver lost control. The car careered of the carriageway as it passed the BP petrol station,
    > crossed the grass verge, rolled and crashed into a wall and a house. During the roll, the car hit
    > a 23 year old Hull man on a bicycle, who later died from his injuries. Tony Alan Redfern, 22, of
    > North Road, west Hull and Lee Anthony Baker, 25, of Worthing Street, north Hull, were arrested and
    > were due to appear before city magistrates today. They were charged with causing death by
    > dangerous driving, failing to stop after an accident, failing to report an accident, using a car
    > without insurance and driving without a licence. Mr Baker was also charged with permitting the use
    > of a car without insurance and obstructing a constable. Anyone who saw the incident should ring
    > (01482) 578600.
    >
    > That 'll be another £200 fine then... At least the police got of their arses to arrest them, when
    > I was run down by a hit and run (and disqualified) driver the police, despite having a number of
    > independent witness, didn't even take a statement off the driver, never mind charge them ...

    In the edition I read yesterday, it said this happened on Spring Bank, a
    mile away, which was surprising seeing as I rode along there at that exact
    time and didn't see anything. I turned off down Albert Ave, so didn't see
    it near the BP garage a bit further on. Glad they caught the scum anyway.

  4. One can but hope they are banned from driving for life and are put behind bars for a few years.

    helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Howard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > In Brief. Two men in court after fatal crash.
    >
    > West Hull: Two men were due to appear in court today after the death of a cyclist in a car crash.

    Just been to the site this morning. Paused for a few moments to see the
    dozen or so bouquets outside the front door of the house the car hit :-(

  6. Bugbear

    Bugbear Guest

    [email protected] (Howard) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > They were charged with causing death by dangerous driving

    As I'm sure many in this group will know, this is unusual in itself. This sort of "incident"
    normally results in a charge of driving while uninsured, next case please.

    BugBear

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 14 Jan 2003 20:41:03 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

    >One can but hope they are banned from driving for life and are put behind bars for a few years.

    After cutting their goolies off, obviously.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  8. Dransfield

    Dransfield Guest

    > One can but hope they are banned from driving for life and are put behind
    bars
    > for a few years.

    There's something extra infuriating that these people are already breaking a handful of laws before
    they kill anyone by driving stupidly. Its a kind of predisposition or something, and so perhaps if
    anyones caught breaking the first set of laws they should additionally carry some responsibility for
    there predisposition to kill someone - I know, dream on. But we don't break any of these laws and
    never have - so can we have these parasites removed from decent society now please? Dransfield

  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > On 14 Jan 2003 20:41:03 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:
    >
    > >One can but hope they are banned from driving for life and are put behind
    bars
    > >for a few years.
    >
    > After cutting their goolies off, obviously.

    <snip> ...with a rusty implement, whilst leaving them, hands tied up (cruciform style) in a public
    place, to slowly bleed to death. That way, not only will they suffer a bit, they'll never get behind
    the wheel of a car again.... Dave.

  10. Dave wrote:
    > "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... their goolies off, obviously.
    >>

    > <snip> ....with a rusty implement, whilst leaving them, hands tied up (cruciform style) in a
    > public place, to slowly bleed to death. That way, not only will they suffer a bit, they'll never
    > get behind the wheel of a car again.... Dave.

    Surely you meant pubic place?

    I'd cut their thumbs off for good measure.

    Daniel.