Yet another decision

Cori

Guest
Now I'm debating between the Specialized Sequoia Sport and the LeMond Tourmalet Women's.

Which is better?

Cori

>Now I'm debating between the Specialized Sequoia Sport and the LeMond Tourmalet Women's.
>
>Which is better?

The one that fits you best. Try them both and decide for yourself.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

>Now I'm debating between the Specialized Sequoia Sport and the LeMond Tourmalet Women's.
>
>Which is better?

LEMOND!!! LEMOND!!!! LEMOND!!!! Need you ask?

Jkpoulos7 wrote:
>>Now I'm debating between the Specialized Sequoia Sport and the LeMond Tourmalet Women's.
>>
>>Which is better?
>>

> LEMOND!!! LEMOND!!!! LEMOND!!!! Need you ask?

I was waiting for that answer. ;) (Plus the shop is right next door to work)

Cori

>LEMOND!!! LEMOND!!!! LEMOND!!!! Need you ask?

Yeah, it is good to ask. I have a Specialized Sequoia from 1984, still going strong. LeMonds weren't
around then.

Another thing about the Sequioa is that I believe it allows you to use larger tires and even
fenders. The model I saw had "normal" reach brakes rather than short reach brakes which allow more
clearance and thus larger tires, ie smooth ride, less flats, can be fitted.

Jon Isaacs

> Another thing about the Sequioa is that I believe it allows you to use larger tires and even
> fenders. The model I saw had "normal" reach brakes rather than short reach brakes which allow more
> clearance and thus larger tires, ie smooth ride, less flats, can be fitted.
>
> Jon Isaacs

I did have one question about the Sequoia. It has 700 x 26c tires which I'm not finding on any bike
supply web sites. Are there any substitutes?

Cori

Cori <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> I did have one question about the Sequoia. It has 700 x 26c tires which I'm not finding on any
> bike supply web sites. Are there any substitutes?

25mm and 28mm tires are widely available and will work fine with your bike. The specific tire you
choose should depend on the type of riding you do.

Ken wrote:
> Cori <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>>I did have one question about the Sequoia. It has 700 x 26c tires which I'm not finding on any
>>bike supply web sites. Are there any substitutes?
>

> 25mm and 28mm tires are widely available and will work fine with your bike. The specific tire you
> choose should depend on the type of riding you do.

How do they fit then? Is it a matter of tire pressure? And is there anything like a runflat
available, I'm riding in NYC in May and friends have advised us against riding roadies due to street
conditions.

Cori

Cori <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>> 25mm and 28mm tires are widely available and will work fine with your bike. The specific tire you
>> choose should depend on the type of riding you do.
>
> How do they fit then? Is it a matter of tire pressure? And is there anything like a runflat
> available, I'm riding in NYC in May and friends have advised us against riding roadies due to
> street conditions.

Just mount them the normal way. Tires are very flexible. Just make sure you have enough space under
your brakes, but that shouldn't be a problem with a touring bike.

Cori asks:

> ow I'm debating between the Specialized Sequoia Sport and the LeMond Tourmalet Women's.
>
> Which is better?

Er sorry, I don't understand the question. Could you please define "better".

I'm not sure it's a good idea to buy a bike just because it impresses those who post messages to
this list. I mean, look at the other messages they post.

Jeremy Parker

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Cori wrote:

> Now I'm debating between the Specialized Sequoia Sport and the LeMond Tourmalet Women's.
>
> Which is better?

The one you like better.

I have a new Sequoia Sport that I bought a few months ago, and I love it! I have a short upper body
and long limbs. The Sequoia is exceptionally adjustable to fit my geometry. And the additional brake
levers on the top of the drop bars spoil me.

That said, I didn't buy a Lemond because it was too expensive for me. Also, the ones that I looked
at had a longer top tube that was better suited for racing. But the bike rode like a dream.