Yet another headwind trip home.

MWP

Guest
And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
westwards out of Melb.

I caught the train today. No shower or proper change facilities where I'm working at the moment, and it's right next to the train station... rather hard to resist.

"MWP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
> westwards out of Melb.

You are obviously going the wrong way......I have had killer tail winds for
the ride home all week!!!

Gags

MWP wrote:
> And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
> westwards out of Melb.

Is that good for your health?

--
Ben

"MWP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
> westwards out of Melb.

Yeah, damn cold yesterday. The wind felt more like a tail heading west. On
Tuesday though it felt like one big hill.

On Nov 15, 4:12 pm, "MWP" <[email protected]> wrote:
> And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
> westwards out of Melb.

I normally get a headwind both ways, but yesterday I was fortunate
enough to have a tailwind. Overtook a car just for fun :)

This morning I had a headwind, 3.3C temps (so according to
weatherzone.com.au that equals -1.8C with windchill) and me with no
gloves. Brrrr.

PHATRS wrote:
> MWP wrote:
> > And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
> > westwards out of Melb.
> >

> Is that good for your health?
>
> --
> Ben

Heart rate monitor kept beeping for most of the way. Heart rate was
over 85% most of the way.

On Nov 16, 8:31 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On Nov 15, 4:12 pm, "MWP" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
> > westwards out of Melb.I normally get a headwind both ways, but yesterday I was fortunate

> enough to have a tailwind. Overtook a car just for fun :)
>
> This morning I had a headwind, 3.3C temps (so according to
> weatherzone.com.au that equals -1.8C with windchill) and me with no
> gloves. Brrrr.

Bloody snowing outside now. At least SWMBO brought my gloves in for
the ride home this afternoon.

On 2006-11-15, [email protected] (aka Bruce)
> On Nov 16, 8:31 am, [email protected] wrote:
>> On Nov 15, 4:12 pm, "MWP" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
>> > westwards out of Melb.I normally get a headwind both ways, but yesterday I was fortunate

>> enough to have a tailwind. Overtook a car just for fun :)
>>
>> This morning I had a headwind, 3.3C temps (so according to
>> weatherzone.com.au that equals -1.8C with windchill) and me with no
>> gloves. Brrrr.

> Bloody snowing outside now. At least SWMBO brought my gloves in for
> the ride home this afternoon.

I am ******. I came down to Melbourne for a flying one night visit,
and was back on the plane about an hour before the snow, not even
aware it was about to snow. And anyway, it wasn't that cold, ya
wooses!

Drove the tin box home from Dubbo airport, and was watching with some
nervousness as the trucks would suddenly be pushed halfway across the
road. My own tinbox was giving interesting steering feedback too. If
it wasn't for the trees being whipped around, I would have pulled over
and verified that indeed not all 4 tires had been slashed.

Today, in town, it's 4 degrees, with a windchill giving -1 degrees.
And it was warm in town. Up here.... bitter. Not brave enough to go
for a walk out to the tearoom for yummy yummy coffee.

--
TimC
-- TimC spinning in the corner.

A bit nippy here in CBR too. Zero on the gauge this morning and that's
before wind chill... and what a wind. Thank god it was southerly
though. Record time this morning after I met up with another roadie and
we pushed hard all the way to town. About 50kph along the flat on Yarra
Glenn (woot!). Lovely.

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

On Nov 16, 10:08 am, TimC
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2006-11-15, [email protected] (aka Bruce)
> >
> > Bloody snowing outside now. At least SWMBO brought my gloves in for
> > the ride home this afternoon.

> I am ******. I came down to Melbourne for a flying one night visit,
> and was back on the plane about an hour before the snow, not even
> aware it was about to snow. And anyway, it wasn't that cold, ya
> wooses!

Dunno about Melbourne, but where I live it's currently 3.1C with a
"feels like" of -2C :) Snow has stopped but reportedly on the south
side of town it didn't melt when it hit the ground and they had a nice
dusting over everything.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:08:39 +1100, TimC wrote:

> Today, in town, it's 4 degrees, with a windchill giving -1 degrees.
> And it was warm in town. Up here.... bitter. Not brave enough to go
> for a walk out to the tearoom for yummy yummy coffee.

You have yummy yummy coffee in your tearoom, or you're just caffeine
deprived enough that Bland43 sounds good [1]?

Then again, I do know one CS dept (that TimC has been part of) who all
chipped in to buy a commercial espresso machine. Mmmm, addiction.

[1] Could be worse. Could be International Rust.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
I want you to remember, I intend this breast

On 2006-11-16, Dave Hughes (aka Bruce)
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:08:39 +1100, TimC wrote:
>
>> Today, in town, it's 4 degrees, with a windchill giving -1 degrees.
>> And it was warm in town. Up here.... bitter. Not brave enough to go
>> for a walk out to the tearoom for yummy yummy coffee.

> You have yummy yummy coffee in your tearoom, or you're just caffeine
> deprived enough that Bland43 sounds good [1]?

A combination thereof, plus more (coffee is good to hold when cold).
I have a plunger and semi-real coffee. Not as good as an espresso
boiler whilst hiking along the Western Arthurs. But then again, very
few things compete with such pleasures (then again, something as
simple as fresh cucumber in your sandwiches intead of lentils,
*again*, doesn't often evoke such responses, either).

> Then again, I do know one CS dept (that TimC has been part of) who all
> chipped in to buy a commercial espresso machine. Mmmm, addiction.

I was a junior, and felt out of place using it, even though I was
"special" enough to have the requisite rights.

My ex-department also had a more crappy version, and not many people
bothered to maintain it, and very few people bothered to buy coffee
and other bits for it (even though said persons would be fully
reimbursed -- they're astronomers -- they're lazy). So non lazy
persons eventually gave up and just let everyone complain about not
having a working machine at all. Said non lazy persons prefered the
coffee from across the road instead, even if it was $2.50 more
expensive.

> [1] Could be worse. Could be International Rust.

HAW!

If none of this post made any sense, it's because I am really sinking
the coffee today. But by gawd, the code is going to be l33t -- pity I
won't be able to understand it tomorrow.

--
TimC
When some other esteemed editor reposts this, it'll be the Periodic

TimC wrote:

[chomp]

> the coffee today. But by gawd, the code is going to be l33t -- pity I
> won't be able to understand it tomorrow.

Stop coding in perl!

btw, Tim, do you know anything about any extra meteorite activity this
w'end? I heard we're going through the tail of a comet on Saturday?

On 2006-11-16, Bleve (aka Bruce)

> TimC wrote:
>
> [chomp]
>
>> the coffee today. But by gawd, the code is going to be l33t -- pity I
>> won't be able to understand it tomorrow.

> Stop coding in perl!

Howdya know? :)

References to arrays of hash references are fun. Sometimes I hate the
8 hour day. Not enough procrastination is available.

> btw, Tim, do you know anything about any extra meteorite activity this
> w'end? I heard we're going through the tail of a comet on Saturday?

Leonids perhaps (I know someone who travelled into the northern
hemisphere just to look at them this year)? Not much -- 8 years ago,
I used to follow all that closely.

Leonids tend to peak every 33 years when we pass through the tail of
temple tuttle, but I think that was last about 5 years ago.

--
TimC
I've told them and told them: Temporal anomalies are different from