yet another stupid manufacturer jumps on the stupid bandwagon

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Realize it, 29ers are here to stay. I
> love mine!

Just wondering, How much of a difference does it make, smoother ride?
Compared to a 26" wheeled bike, do you find yourself shifting to easier
gears? I ride XC and some road, always been curious.

-Nate

Llatikcuf wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Realize it, 29ers are here to stay. I
>> love mine!
>>

> Just wondering, How much of a difference does it make, smoother ride?
> Compared to a 26" wheeled bike, do you find yourself shifting to easier
> gears? I ride XC and some road, always been curious.
>
> -Nate

Singlespeed - No gears and don't need 'em!

I find it feels just as nice as my full suspension on my local trails.
Of course, that may be different elsewhere. It's also way easier for
the logovers we have here. Just rolls right over them.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Llatikcuf wrote:
>
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>>> Realize it, 29ers are here to stay. I
>>> love mine!
>>>

>> Just wondering, How much of a difference does it make, smoother ride?
>> Compared to a 26" wheeled bike, do you find yourself shifting to easier
>> gears? I ride XC and some road, always been curious.
>>
>> -Nate
>>

> Singlespeed - No gears and don't need 'em!
>
> I find it feels just as nice as my full suspension on my local trails.
> Of course, that may be different elsewhere. It's also way easier for
> the logovers we have here. Just rolls right over them.
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o

Hmmm, I thought 29ers were only for overgrown Freaks?
_____
Slack

pauly wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:37:49 -0800, Ride-A-Lot wrote
> (in article <[email protected]>):
>

>>pauly wrote:
>>
>>>http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=147660
>>>
>>>Pauly- stupid is as stupid does
>>>

>>I suppose Ventana is stupid too?

> beats me, better ask G.T.
>
> Realize it, 29ers are here to stay.
>
> word
>

>>I love mine!

> I'm fond of mine too

Gag. It's sad that the bicycle industry is in such a depression that
they have to grasp at straws to try to resurrect it.

Greg

Slack wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Llatikcuf wrote:

>>> Just wondering, How much of a difference does it make, smoother ride?
>>> Compared to a 26" wheeled bike, do you find yourself shifting to easier
>>> gears? I ride XC and some road, always been curious.
>>>
>>> -Nate
>>>

>> Singlespeed - No gears and don't need 'em!
>>
>> I find it feels just as nice as my full suspension on my local trails.
>> Of course, that may be different elsewhere. It's also way easier for
>> the logovers we have here. Just rolls right over them.
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o

> Hmmm, I thought 29ers were only for overgrown Freaks?
> _____
> Slack

Sheesh! Didn't you read my posts on how this particular model was made
for Oompa Loompas like me?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Slack wrote:

>> Hmmm, I thought 29ers were only for overgrown Freaks?
>> _____
>> Slack

> Sheesh! Didn't you read my posts on how this particular model was made
> for Oompa Loompas like me?

LOL! Is there a Team Oompa Loompa? Maybe we can get Penny to make jerseys.

Shawn

G.T. wrote:
> pauly wrote:
> > On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:37:49 -0800, Ride-A-Lot wrote
> > (in article <[email protected]>):

> >>I suppose Ventana is stupid too?

> > beats me, better ask G.T.
> >
> > Realize it, 29ers are here to stay.
> >
> > word
> >

> >>I love mine!

> > I'm fond of mine too
> >

> Gag. It's sad that the bicycle industry is in such a depression that
> they have to grasp at straws to try to resurrect it.
>
> Greg

Don't own one or feel I need one, though I don't have a big issue with
it. Makes a lot more sense than bikes designed only to go downhill.

/s

Shawn wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Slack wrote:

>>> Hmmm, I thought 29ers were only for overgrown Freaks?
>>> _____
>>> Slack

>> Sheesh! Didn't you read my posts on how this particular model was
>> made for Oompa Loompas like me?

> LOL! Is there a Team Oompa Loompa? Maybe we can get Penny to make
> jerseys.
>
> Shawn

I thought it was Team Short Stuff.
_____
Slack

Scott Gordo wrote:

> G.T. wrote:
>
>>Gag. It's sad that the bicycle industry is in such a depression that
>>they have to grasp at straws to try to resurrect it.
>>
>>Greg

> Don't own one or feel I need one, though I don't have a big issue with
> it. Makes a lot more sense than bikes designed only to go downhill.
>
> /s

Hey now!!!
_____
Slack - makes perfect sense to me

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>> Singlespeed - No gears and don't need 'em!
>>>
>>> I find it feels just as nice as my full suspension on my local
>>> trails. Of course, that may be different elsewhere. It's also way
>>> easier for the logovers we have here. Just rolls right over them.
>>> --
>>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o

>> Hmmm, I thought 29ers were only for overgrown Freaks?
>> _____
>> Slack

> Sheesh! Didn't you read my posts on how this particular model was made
> for Oompa Loompas like me?

Musta missed it. Anyway, single speeds are like Transsexuals; might
look useful at 1/4 mile, but the closer you get, the more you realize
there is something very, very wrong.
_____
Slack

"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Slack wrote:

>>> Hmmm, I thought 29ers were only for overgrown Freaks?
>>> _____
>>> Slack

>> Sheesh! Didn't you read my posts on how this particular model was made
>> for Oompa Loompas like me?
>>

> Musta missed it. Anyway, single speeds are like Transsexuals; might look
> useful at 1/4 mile, but the closer you get, the more you realize there is
> something very, very wrong.

And when you ride them, you don't actually mind it all that muc-

****.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:

> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>>Sheesh! Didn't you read my posts on how this particular model was made
>>>for Oompa Loompas like me?
>>>

>>Musta missed it. Anyway, single speeds are like Transsexuals; might look
>>useful at 1/4 mile, but the closer you get, the more you realize there is
>>something very, very wrong.

> And when you ride them, you don't actually mind it all that muc-
>
> ****.
> --
> Phil, Squid-in-Training

WTMI !
_____
Slack

Slack wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
> > Slack wrote:

> >> Hmmm, I thought 29ers were only for overgrown Freaks?
> >> _____
> >> Slack

> > Sheesh! Didn't you read my posts on how this particular model was made
> > for Oompa Loompas like me?
> >

> Musta missed it. Anyway, single speeds are like Transsexuals; might
> look useful at 1/4 mile, but the closer you get, the more you realize
> there is something very, very wrong.
> _____
> Slack

Okay, let me get this straight.

- MTBers: straight men and women, both with a touch of the macho.
- Roadies: Gay
- Those who MTBer and Roadie: BIcyclists
- 29ers: Trannies?

If you're saying that 29ers are MTBs trying to be Roadies or vice
versa... you may be on to something there.

Last thought: With all the downhill specific places closing down, would
that make:
- Downhillers: eunuchs?

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:
> Slack wrote:
>
>>Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>>Sheesh! Didn't you read my posts on how this particular model was made
>>>for Oompa Loompas like me?
>>>

>>Musta missed it. Anyway, single speeds are like Transsexuals; might
>>look useful at 1/4 mile, but the closer you get, the more you realize
>>there is something very, very wrong.
>>_____
>>Slack

> Okay, let me get this straight.
>
> - MTBers: straight men and women, both with a touch of the macho.
> - Roadies: Gay
> - Those who MTBer and Roadie: BIcyclists
> - 29ers: Trannies?
>
> If you're saying that 29ers are MTBs trying to be Roadies or vice
> versa... you may be on to something there.
>
> Last thought: With all the downhill specific places closing down, would
> that make:
> - Downhillers: eunuchs?

Slack, you wanna take that one.

Scott Gordo wrote:
> Okay, let me get this straight.
>
> - MTBers: straight men and women, both with a touch of the macho.
> - Roadies: Gay
> - Those who MTBer and Roadie: BIcyclists
> - 29ers: Trannies?
>
> If you're saying that 29ers are MTBs trying to be Roadies or vice
> versa... you may be on to something there.
>
> Last thought: With all the downhill specific places closing down, would
> that make:
> - Downhillers: eunuchs?
>
> /s

So in what catagory does a bike like this fall...

http://www.dirtragmag.com/print/article.php?ID=721&category=stuff_reviews

29 front, 26 back.

Laters,

Marz

Marz wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
>
>>Okay, let me get this straight.
>>
>>- MTBers: straight men and women, both with a touch of the macho.
>>- Roadies: Gay
>>- Those who MTBer and Roadie: BIcyclists
>>- 29ers: Trannies?
>>
>>If you're saying that 29ers are MTBs trying to be Roadies or vice
>>versa... you may be on to something there.
>>
>>Last thought: With all the downhill specific places closing down, would
>>that make:
>>- Downhillers: eunuchs?
>>
>>/s

> So in what catagory does a bike like this fall...
>
> http://www.dirtragmag.com/print/article.php?ID=721&category=stuff_reviews
>
> 29 front, 26 back.

Great idea, after all motos have had 18" rear/21" front, or similar, for
years. I'd rather have a 24 in back and 26 in front with fatter tires,
though.

Greg

--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late
The battles we fought were long and hard