YETI asr-sl...TITUS racer-x...SANTA CRUZ blur xc

krotch

Jun 17, 2004
I'm ready to replace my 03 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR to a lighter, FS bike and narrowed my search down to these three. They all seem pretty comparable, just wondering the good vs. bad of each. Anybody test these? Also, which would be the best fit my 6'2" / 190 lb frame?

Howdy krotch,

First post on this board ...please indulge.

I don't know whether to try and give you my lame opinion or just imagine how fun it is to be you on your quest to decide between three awesome rigs.

I currently ride Titus' RacerX100. My choice was ultimately an economically motivated one. A hookup is gold. I got that rig 18 months ago. I had been going back and forth between the Intense Spider and the Titus RacerX100. The Titus was the favorite in the running. It was the wait for production to catch up with demand that made life difficult for me.

Your choices are very compatible except with the notable exception of the rear suspension design. I preferred the Titus because of the FSR rear linkage. I believe that the Horst Link suspension design is the way to go. VPP is very cool, but I think it takes a back seat to FSR.

Also, the Titus is going to have a slightly shorter chain stay than the your other options. So, it's going to be a 'bit more tenacious as a climber.

Another motivater for my Titus desire was that I had heard from a reputable source that Chris Cocalis got some input from Chris Chance on the geo of the Racer X rear triangle.

I rode a Fat Chance Yo Eddy for 8 years. I loved that rig. I was all juicy about getting a FS frame that would behave like that Yo Eddy.

Above all, I believe that the rig is just meat and you, my friend, are the motion. Have fun with your decision. You're a lucky dood to have this problem.

krotch said:
I'm ready to replace my 03 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR to a lighter, FS bike and narrowed my search down to these three. They all seem pretty comparable, just wondering the good vs. bad of each. Anybody test these? Also, which would be the best fit my 6'2" / 190 lb frame?
either the titus or the santa cruz. the new santa cruz blur xc (compared to older santa cruz's) has a shortened chainstay to make it easier to track in the tight single track. both are a littel different and both are excellent. I don't think you will be un happy with either. That being said i ride a santa cruz superlight and am currently looking at the new blur xc.