Yikes ! Electric Bikes !

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Effi, Jun 16, 2003.

  1. On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:16:47 GMT, 6212hgk{invert}@newsguy.com (John Bartley K7AAY
    (ex-KGH2126)) wrote:

    >Not a CPSC e-bike since pedals removed, therefore, license & registration required.

    Since this is a home build project, is that still true? Or are there special rules for home builds,
    like there are for kit cars?

    Jasper

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Jasper Janssen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:16:47 GMT, 6212hgk{invert}@newsguy.com (John Bartley K7AAY
    > (ex-KGH2126)) wrote:
    >
    > >Not a CPSC e-bike since pedals removed, therefore, license & registration required.
    >
    > Since this is a home build project, is that still true? Or are there special rules for home
    > builds, like there are for kit cars?
    >
    > Jasper

    Check local ordinances. British Columbia just changed the rules so electric two-wheelers capable
    of no more than 32 km/h on level ground (or something like that) are legal with no driver's
    license or plate.

  3. No special rules in the regs I could see.

    --
    Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston,
    THE COBRA EVENT.