Yikes, Trikes!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by kdelong, Aug 19, 2007.

1. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

Went for a ride on our local multi-use trail (160+ miles) today. Didn't feel like dodging Sunday drivers. Scattered thunderstorms were predicted so the trail was not very crowded at all (thank you mr. Weatherman for being wrong, again). One thing that I noticed was an over abundance of recumbent Tricycles. I have never seen one on the street, or being carried on a car rack for that matter. Looks like a good idea for seniors or folks who don't have good balance in general. The only down side is that when two of them get going side by side so they can talk, they take up the whole trail. I had to go off the trail twice on my road bike for them. This is not easy with 25mm tires going 26 MPH:eek: . Has anyone else noticed an explosion of Trike use in your area?

Tags:

2. mongooseboy

mongooseboy New Member

If they dont move out of your way, by all means KICK them in the face with your shoes as you pass. They dont even deserve to be on the trail if they cant even show courtesy to fellow cyclists.

but seriously, they gotta share the road/path too. I do my best to stay out of everyones way, especially motor vehicles! ticks me off when a cyclist cant even move over when there is 3 ft of PAVED shoulder to ride on...